Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Daunte11zlee is offline Waterboy

If Pep was still on the team

Would we still have this winning streak ?

CrazyVikingsFan is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: If Pep was still on the team

we would be 4-9 the week culpepper got injured was the week tice started sitting in on defencive meetings. also we would have a ton of turnovers on offence because of culpeper

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

No we wouldn't have. Pep was having a bad year and things werent going to improve anytime soon. No one can ever really know why he was doing so bad. He is and elite qb in the NFL though. Hopefully he can recover from this injury and can come back strong to lead the vikes again.

I hope this doesn't turn into a Brad is way better than Daunte thread.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Pep's injury was a God-send in some ways. Even though I love the guy, the type of offense we were running with him wasn't working. Our offensive line (which is still weak) was not protectig him well enough and he was hurrying throws and not able to run play-action passes because of the pass rush.
    As someone else said, the injury caused our game plan to change for the better.
    I know not everyone like the conservative approach this team is taking but right now it's the way to win -- that combined with a vastly improved defense.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

I would say probably not, because Tice wouldn't have started calling the right plays.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

I for one have no clue...quite frankly none of you (honestly) Culpepper was in a Slump hey it happens you gotta move on..I think he was findin his rhythem right before the Carolina game....but who knows.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

If Pep was still on the team...

Who would have more INT's at this point in the season? Culpepper or Favre? I believe they were running neck and neck right before Daunte was injured.
    Even babies know the difference.

Deronn is offline Starter

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    I for one have no clue...quite frankly none of you (honestly) Culpepper was in a Slump hey it happens you gotta move on..I think he was findin his rhythem right before the Carolina game....but who knows.
    I agree 100%. What would the team be like with Moss still on the team. If Tommy Kramer were quarterback today, would we have a better record... Who knows????

The whole team looked different before the Carolina game... BAD!!! The defense and special teams were not playing as good as they are now and couldn't capitalize on the mistakes of the other team like then can now. That is what has kept us on this win streak. Do I think Johnson at quarterback has helped? Yes, but I think any kind of shake up would have helped the offense make the improvements that they have - it's not like since BJ has been in that we suddely have a high powered offense again. We (the coaches) just changed to a very conservative offensive game plan and relied on our defense/special teams to provide us opportunities instead of relying soley on the offense to create their own opportunities like we've done in the past.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

He's still on the team; just not the starter. :razz:

Deronn is offline Starter

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    He's still on the team; just not the starter. :razz:
    AHHHH Ultra!!! You took the shot that I didn't. I saw the open shot... but passed the ball!

Ha Ha!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast