Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Del Rio Guest

Re: IF our defensive line can't get it done again . . . how about this guy as coach?

I would like to see lance johnstone come back to be our line coach.

sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

Re: IF our defensive line can't get it done again . . . how about this guy as coach?

"whackthepack" wrote:
    I am and was a huge Millard fan and he is one of my all time favorite Viking players, but he was a bit unstable mentally and I don't know if I would want him as a coach if he still is as volatile as he used to be!
    I have had enough of that with Tice, and I want coaches that are a bit more even keel and stable like Bud Grant.
    What I find interesting is it appears Millard has been able to become a good coach.

I always thought he had "supernatural" instincts and because of that I didn't think he would be good coaching material.
    Most of the time, people with great instincts can't pass that along, but apparently Millard is proving otherwise.

I enjoyed watching him play and would love to see our line . . . regardless of who is coaching . . . return to a "feared force" in the league.

BTW, I was disappointed when TICE didnt' hire DEL RIO as his DC years ago.
    Who knows how things may have been different if he did.

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

of course it'd be great to have an ex-viking legend back on our team in some way, but i like whats being done with our team, let him deal with Sapp =)

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

Re: IF our defensive line can't get it done again . . . how about this guy as co

K.M was such a beast!!! h8im and C.D where living legends to all qb's who faced them.

as much as I respect the guy and all he's done.. seems our team is on the right track with the personel we have. i'm sure if B.chill wanted him.. we would have him now.

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I loved watching Millard and Doleman too because of their agressiveness. I also met Millard a few times at a bar and he was a pretty cool guy from what I saw.

The problems I see having him as a coach would be that he and Tommy Kramer seem to be the two Vikings that stand out as the originators of training camp mischief (Running his Vette into the wall in the Hardee's drive thru lane after curfew)and the fact that he got called for way too many false starts that kept opponents drives alive. That has been a trademark of the line since and it seems that this year they have been finally able to play agressively without the false starts for the most part while the raiders line when we played them had problems jumping early that reminded me of Millards only drawback.

To that end I am pretty happy with how our line is working. In a few years we may be talking about this line like we do about the late 80's line.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12