Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

If Jackson can't go, Frerotte will be ready

http://www.startribune.com/sports/27895084.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiUo8cyaiUiD3aPc:_Yyc:a ULPQL7PQLanchO7DiU
    With Vikings quarterback Tarvaris Jackson's knee still not 100 percent heathy, and possibly not ready to start Monday night against the Packers, Gus Frerotte could start his first season-opening game since 2005 at Miami.
    This is the first time I've read that Jackson may not start. I wonder if something's up? To be perfectly honest, I would almost rather see Frerotte start anyway. The only downside is that he is not as mobile as TJ and if Hicks doesn't hold up we may need a QB that can move well.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re: If Jackson can't go, Frerotte will be ready

Yah I havent heard anything either

Ive heard Berrian is actually less likely to play then him

Tavaris said his knee is almost 100 percent

"V4L" wrote:
    Yah I havent heard anything either

Ive heard Berrian is actually less likely to play then him

Tavaris said his knee is almost 100 percent
    I thought I read that B-Twice has fully participated the past three days.
    Rotoworld says that he's not on the injury report and is going to start on Monday (link).

I actually just came across this page on NFL.com (Injury Link).
    Take a look at the Vikes/Pack game (obviously).
    The Packers seem to have quite a few guys that are hurting.

I also heard Tarvaris said he hopes to be 100% (right after saying that you're never 100% after day one), but that's probably unrealistic.
    I'm thinking he'll almost certainly play, but we won't know about mobility until the lights come on.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

ragz is offline GM

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    http://www.startribune.com/sports/27895084.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiUo8cyaiUiD3aPc:_Yyc:a ULPQL7PQLanchO7DiU
    With Vikings quarterback Tarvaris Jackson's knee still not 100 percent heathy, and possibly not ready to start Monday night against the Packers, Gus Frerotte could start his first season-opening game since 2005 at Miami.
    This is the first time I've read that Jackson may not start. I wonder if something's up? To be perfectly honest, I would almost rather see Frerotte start anyway. The only downside is that he is not as mobile as TJ and if Hicks doesn't hold up we may need a QB that can move well.
    it's just childress playing his games.
    he thinks teams really get fooled by his coy ways.
    tavaris is starting and hopefully he can stay healthy enough to get through a few games before another injury occurs.
    as much hate as there is for jackson, and if we even stand a chance at making a run we need him healthy and to develop into a solid player.
    frerrotte could get us to the playoffs maybe but that'd be that, in my opinion.
    if jackson becomes a legit weapon he can take us very far with the other pieces we have in place.
    "self improvement's masturbation.
    now self destruction" that's enlightenment

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

If Tarvaris gets hurt for any extended period, we will be in better hands with Gus then we have been the last couple years, but to make a big push into the playoffs, we need Tarvaris to stay on the field.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"ragz" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    it's just childress playing his games.
    he thinks teams really get fooled by his coy ways.
    tavaris is starting and hopefully he can stay healthy enough to get through a few games before another injury occurs.
    as much hate as there is for jackson, and if we even stand a chance at making a run we need him healthy and to develop into a solid player.
    frerrotte could get us to the playoffs maybe but that'd be that, in my opinion.
    if jackson becomes a legit weapon he can take us very far with the other pieces we have in place.
    I gotta go with ole Ragz here on the Chiller comment.

Why wouldn't he leave the opposing team wondering about TJ's health?
    Suppose TJ isn't 100% and isn't as mobile as he typically is?
    If the other team knew that then they could/would focus thier practice/game preps accordingly.
    If he is 100% then they would have to take another approach to game prep and execution.

IMHO its smart to not give them any information that isn't necessary.
    Let them waste thier time wondering.
    In the long run it works to our advantage.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

CTVikingfan is offline Pro-Bowler

Keep everyone guessing until the last second so they are not sure what they have to be ready for.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

I am more comfortable this year with TJ going down than last year. The Packers are the ones that should be worried. Matt Flynn? LMFAO

funkyasflea is offline Pro-Bowler

"marstc09" wrote:
    I am more comfortable this year with TJ going down than last year. The Packers are the ones that should be worried. Matt Flynn? LMFAO
    In my Madden season KWill took Rogers out for 8 weeks in the second half.
    I am not one to hope for injuries, but if that did happen they would have 0 chance this season.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"funkyasflea" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    In my Madden season KWill took Rogers out for 8 weeks in the second half.
    I am not one to hope for injuries, but if that did happen they would have 0 chance this season.
    They have zero chance as it is. They just don't realize it yet!
    Ted Thompson was busy pounding nails in their coffin during the off season!
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast