Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    If I was the Vikings GM, I would...
    If I *WERE* the Vikings GM...

/subjunctive case

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

gamecocksbaseball31 is offline Hall of Famer
    Three areas of need: QB, WR, CB

First thing is first. Address the QB position. Ponder is an adequate backup. We need a starter. Now I've read the Alex Smith is the same as CP and that isn't true. I was big on Ponder right away. I was happy, hopeful and confident. Then he stepped on the field. He doesn't trust anybody, has no pocket presence, and his arm is garbage. Now could it partly be because of Musgrave's crappy play-calling? Absolutely. But either way, he doesn't have what it takes to move the football and control a game. He has shown flashes, but nothing great.

3 different ways I go here.
    1. Michael Vick. Yes, I know I am going to hear the haters and maybe get bashed for this, but hear me out. He won't be as expensive as people may think. Reid will be out, Foles is there, the new coach won't love Vick more than Andy Reid did. Vick is out. They will look to trade and he should come relatively cheap. A different play caller , Cam Cameron? with Vick, AD, and Percy could be dynamite.

2. Alex Smith. Same reasons. Game manager. Kaepernick isn't going anywhere. He has something to prove.

3. Draft. Barkley could fall. If he falls past 10 and we can move up I would take a shot.

NEED 2: WR

We need to revamp big time. Like others have said. We have decent 4 and 5 WR's, but we can't expect them to play like 1's and 2's. Percy has the slot. That is the only guarantee. We need a big, possession receiver. Dwayne Bowe would be a target. I wouldn't overpay for him. But he is the best big man we could use. A field stretcher would also be in order. Could Jarius Wright fit this mold? Could Greg Childs come back and have an AD type year (hey, it could happen). Or maybe we target a guy like Brian Hartline as a solid field stretcher. Finish with 1 WR through the draft. We need WR's, but can't drop all the money right away as we do have other needs.

NEED 3: CB
    Our CB's have played unbelievable in my opinion this year. They are somewhere around 22nd against the pass right now, but I don't care. From last year, I think these guys are great. I couldn't go another season watching Lito Sheppard fall down and Asher Allen watch guys run past him. It is great to see a guy like Josh Robinson come in and care. Him and Harrison Smith at safety will be cornerstones in this defense for years to come hopefully. We are still in a passing league though. AND ESPECIALLY a passing division. We need another stud. Someone that can let Chris Cook cover the #2. I would like to fill this through trade or free agency. Brent Grimes (coming off injury), Rashean Mathis, Rodgers-Cromartie, Quentin Jammer, Nate Clements, this spot is one of the deeper ones in FA this year.

We do need to beef up the devense too, as we are getting old. I say we look at drafting a DT, someone like Sheldon Richardson from Missouri. Then going after a LB in FA as well... Someone like Chase Blackburn or Ray Maualuga.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Everyone needs to shut the fuck up. You're all goddamn morons who don't know a fucking thing. If you did know something, you'd be running an NFL team, rather than sitting at your computers and spewing your stupidity all over this site. At least I admit I'm just a clueless moron who makes observations based on limited "coverage" fed to me from the teet of TV contracts.

=Z=

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Everyone needs to shut the fuck up. You're all goddamn morons who don't know a fucking thing. If you did know something, you'd be running an NFL team, rather than sitting at your computers and spewing your stupidity all over this site. At least I admit I'm just a clueless moron who makes observations based on limited "coverage" fed to me from the teet of TV contracts.

=Z=
    I, my friend, am far from a moron...look Up rhe definition. Whereas i agree with your point, to a certain extent, I was trying to contribute to the lacking content on PP.O. I, like you, have access, and get frustrated... But, rise above, and don't crush those that don't.

We are purely speculating, and having some creative license with this thread...kinda what Fandome is about.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    I, my friend, am far from a moron...look Up rhe definition. Whereas i agree with your point, to a certain extent, I was trying to contribute to the lacking content on PP.O. I, like you, have access, and get frustrated... But, rise above, and don't crush those that don't.

We are purely speculating, and having some creative license with this thread...kinda what Fandome is about.
    Oh, ignore me. My ex-wife has me riled up and I've been drinking.

=Z=

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

/subjunctive case

=Z=
    lmao

Oh yeah, well if I WERE an English professor...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach

=Z=
    ROFL, now you're just trolling. Isn't that kind of the point of a FAN FORUM? The interwebs would be a pretty boring place if only "experts" could post or voice their opinion. Besides, you can blame guys like Mike Lynn and Matt Millen for making regular morons like us feel like we could step in off the street and not do any worse.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

/subjunctive case

=Z=
    You have no idea how hard it was for me to not make that exact post. Thanks for breaking the ice, Z.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    1. QB

There is no doubt Ponder is hurting us. This staff has too much invested to give up so I doubt they will. This is fine by me but we need to prepare to pull the plug on him next year. So we have choices to make....

a. Draft: I have not followed college as close as I did last year but gems can be found. Look at the success stories even later in the draft from this year. I would rather seek other alternatives though. I wish we would have drafted Wilson like I wanted.

b. Trade: Kirk Cousins, Alex Smith, Matt Flynn, Vick, Ryan Mallet, Kyle Orton? Point is there are guys we could bring in to compete.

c. FA: Joe Flacco, Jason Campbell, or even Drew Stanton?

d. Webb or MBT - Really we have not seen these guys but maybe the staff has and does not like them but really does anyone trust the staff lol

2. WR

I think we need to make things right with Percy. He is a superstar and a rare talent. If we can't we should use him as trade bait for Fitz. We need to think FA here and even a draft pick in the second. Get Jennings, Wallace, Bowe, or Welker. Get it done!!!! My preference is Jennings.

3. CB

Not much in FA (Maybe Grimes, Porter, Jammer, or Rodgers-Cromartie) but we need help. I am thinking first round draft pick. Jonathan Banks maybe?
    Last edited by marstc09; 12-19-2012 at 12:42 AM.

kingpin9995 is offline Starter
    Cut that self promoting rock star punter krissy clueless. We don't need a fuking punter as the mouthpiece for the minnesota vikings. Take a fuking hike clueless.. And take your twitty account with ya...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast