Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    I want us to get the OC from Denver.... McCoy or Bruce Arians.. he's done a helluva job with the colts with Pagano sick....

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    It can be said Frazier has had some issues with in game management at times but I see some real positives with regard to his coaching.
    I never saw his players give up. I've seen them come in flat and get tired at times, but he has been able to keep the locker room together despite the GM giving him some inferior players.
    Frazier has a good rapport with the players, and though not a great head coach yet, has a calm steadying influence.
    I think he has earned another year. Wont say the same for the GM or OC.
    How can you be sure it's Frazier who has his players not giving up? It could very be the OC & DC doing it & not the HC.

Most times you see Frazier on the sidelines, he's standing alone. OC & DC are talking to their players.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Who's call is it to make on Frazier? Do you think Spielman is empowered to this degree?

What if we just decide to make an OC change? Is that Frazier's call, Spielman's, Wilf's?

My guess is that the Wilf's are still pretty involved on top level coaching decisions. If they think they can bring in a guy like Norv Turner to be the OC, then I see the Wilf's and Spielman going to Frazier and saying, hey, we are going to make this change, we would like you to be on board with it, but if not, we are going to do it anyway. Spielman may lead the charge, but I don't think anything will happen without the Wilf's being onboard.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    I'm not really concerned with who the next HC is. As long as the Wilf family owns this team and Spielman is GM, the Vikes will have trouble fielding a competitive team.

When GM and ownership have almost child-like understanding of the game, you're gonna be in trouble.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Wilfs just need to hire a damn GM. a real GM.

Sombody with a proven track record, and who isn't afraid to tell wilfs to shut the hell up and stay out of football decisions.

Would love a Parcells-type guy, not necessarily because he's a good GM, but he can at least get us started in the right direction and has the right attitude for what we need.

Wilf's need to get used to being rich fans who own a team. no more, no less. They're not coaches, stop pretending to be one. He can deal with the financials of running a team, (behind the scenes stuff, not player stuff), and that's about it.

Ideally, this season we can Spielman, hire a guy like Parcells (yeah, I know he's retired, but somebody similar to him. Unfortunately, not a whole lot of those around. Hire a real offensive Coordinator (Norv Turner comes to mind, but also somebody like Mooch or Wisenhunt comes to mind if he gets canned after this season) Wisenhunt was OC of the Steelers from 04-06, winning a superbowl during that time. Their offense then is built somewhat like ours now. Sub-par receivers (although they had some talent like Ward, Randle El), young QB who isn't asked to do much, decent TE, great run game. I think he could make us work.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Wilfs just need to hire a damn GM. a real GM.

Sombody with a proven track record, and who isn't afraid to tell wilfs to shut the hell up and stay out of football decisions.

Would love a Parcells-type guy, not necessarily because he's a good GM, but he can at least get us started in the right direction and has the right attitude for what we need.

Wilf's need to get used to being rich fans who own a team. no more, no less. They're not coaches, stop pretending to be one. He can deal with the financials of running a team, (behind the scenes stuff, not player stuff), and that's about it.

Ideally, this season we can Spielman, hire a guy like Parcells (yeah, I know he's retired, but somebody similar to him. Unfortunately, not a whole lot of those around. Hire a real offensive Coordinator (Norv Turner comes to mind, but also somebody like Mooch or Wisenhunt comes to mind if he gets canned after this season) Wisenhunt was OC of the Steelers from 04-06, winning a superbowl during that time. Their offense then is built somewhat like ours now. Sub-par receivers (although they had some talent like Ward, Randle El), young QB who isn't asked to do much, decent TE, great run game. I think he could make us work.
    WELL, on the bright side.. It can't really get much worse can it??

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedpurple View Post
    Don't kid yourself, it can get a lot worse. It can get a lot better, but it can also get a lot worse.

Take Detroit and Philly. 2 teams with a ton of talent and a lot of expectation and they can't even match our record. How many different coaches and rosters does Detroit have to go through before they figure it out? Talk about a franchise that annually lets their fanbase down.

We are not the only franchise trying to figure out the magic formula, year after year after year.....

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedpurple View Post
    I'd say it can.

Imagine if we didn't have AP!?

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    I'd say it can.

Imagine if we didn't have AP!?
    Watching him waste an amazing career under this coaching staff is worse, in my opinion. I can completely understand why Barry Sanders retired now.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Watching him waste an amazing career under this coaching staff is worse, in my opinion. I can completely understand why Barry Sanders retired now.
    I don't think its Fraiser's fault. He has been head coach for 28 games. We have signed almost no one the past two years and he was given a depleted roster. IMHO he hasn't shown enough good or bad to make a choice.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast