Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    purplepeopleeaters2 is offline Training Camp

Re: If the circumstances were different

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "purplepeopleeaters2" wrote:
    On the way to work this morning I was thinking while listening to mike and mike, how good would our team be if we could(hypatheticaly) implant an all-pro qb and all-pro reciever on our team, is the rest of our team good enough to support all star players and possibly go to the playoffs, what do you think? and if so how good do you think we could be?
    We already HAVE implanted those two All-Pros...the rest of the NFL just doesn't know it YET!
    ;D
    i hope your right
    "...to get really high is to forget yourself and to forget yourself is to see everything else; and to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. That's why I think it's important to get high."
    -Jerry Garcia

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    On the way to work this morning I was thinking while listening to mike and mike, how good would our team be if we could(hypatheticaly) implant an all-pro qb and all-pro reciever on our team, is the rest of our team good enough to support all star players and possibly go to the playoffs, what do you think? and if so how good do you think we could be?
    We already HAVE implanted those two All-Pros...the rest of the NFL just doesn't know it YET!
    ;D
    Good point Cajun!

What if Rice and TJ are the future pro bowlers or Thigpen and Allison or TJ and Wade!

What if.........

marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman

That statement is not true because of what I said in the previous post.
    The fact that the team can get better by the way it plays.
    They can also get worse.
    Certain areas of the team that were good last year might be bad this year and so on.

That is where the "what if" statement is a valid statement (question) and that is one of the purposes of PPO, it is a place to post our opinions.
    Unfortunately no amount of time and playing together will physically transform any of these guys in to Carson Palmer and Ocho Cinco.

This "What if" question is not valid, because it's not going to happen, man.
    -Sno

"SnoBumMN" wrote:
    What if superman was our quarterback and Captain America was our MLB and the staff at Sheiks were the cheerleaders and our HC was Dr. Seuss?

I don't understand the what-iffing here.

You could pretty much say "what if" anything... Come up with some crazy philosophical question to ponder, and get back to me.

This team is the best we're going to get this year, so we need to accept that.
    i understand what your saying was not trying to be too "fantasy world" just trying to guage whether we could(again hypatheticaly)
    have a superbowl team with a few tweeks if needed down the road if things dont go as planned. gotta be prepared for the worst, remember what team were talking about
    "...to get really high is to forget yourself and to forget yourself is to see everything else; and to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. That's why I think it's important to get high."
    -Jerry Garcia

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"SnoBumMN" wrote:
    What if superman was our quarterback and Captain America was our MLB and the staff at Sheiks were the cheerleaders and our HC was Dr. Seuss?

You could pretty much say "what if" anything... Come up with some crazy philosophical question to ponder, and get back to me.

i understand what your saying was not trying to be too "fantasy world" just trying to guage whether we could(again hypatheticaly)
    have a superbowl team with a few tweeks if needed down the road if things dont go as planned. gotta be prepared for the worst, remember what team were talking about
    We are talking about our team.
    Highs and Lows be damned.
    As I stated earlier today, I have way to much invested in this team to give up on them just cause we have a bunch of talented young kids that need seat time.

Additionally, I now I am about suttle with regard to my opinions of what this team will do this year, however, I am of the mind of Cajun.......

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"SnoBumMN" wrote:
    That statement is not true because of what I said in the previous post.
    The fact that the team can get better by the way it plays.
    They can also get worse.
    Certain areas of the team that were good last year might be bad this year and so on.

That is where the "what if" statement is a valid statement (question) and that is one of the purposes of PPO, it is a place to post our opinions.
    Unfortunately no amount of time and playing together will physically transform any of these guys in to Carson Palmer and Ocho Cinco.

This "What if" question is not valid, because it's not going to happen, man.
    It is impossible for TJ to be Carson.

It is also impossible for TW to be CJ.

Physically it is impossible.

_________

Personally, what makes a great player seem great, can be attributed to being on the right team, more in football than basketball.
    Without a team effort in football, even great players can't succeed on their own.
    Bad (physically) players won't even make the team, good player make the team as back ups and starter, and great players definitely start.

TJ doesn't need to be McNabb.

TW may only need to be as good as Fred Mitchell.

What if those things happened?

marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman

TJ doesn't need to be McNabb.

TW may only need to be as good as Fred Mitchell.

What if those things happened?
    Then they wouldn't be "all-pros," would they...?

Which would render this question and conversation moot.

I rest my case.
    -Sno

your right highs and lows be damned, sorry its not like im complaining. just wondering, but i also think t jak will blossom, so does most of the sports world. i would like him to be the face of our franchise. i hope he stays and troy can see straight. haha
    -Jerry Garcia

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"SnoBumMN" wrote:

I think your initial post was good, but I hope that you do not think that we even be able to go out and an All Pro QB and WR.
    How many of those are available during the season, especially a QB?

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    ;D
    i hope your right
    Me too!
    ;D
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast