Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: If the circumstances were different

"purplepeopleeaters2" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    By the way, this isn't just the Chillers team.

ya its our team to man i just hope they consider us in their decisions
    You know what - I hope they DON'T consider us in their decisions, other than the general responsibility to win for the fans.

Why?

Because, as much as I know about football (and that's plenty), even the lowliest assistant coach in charge of wiping footballs knows tons more about the game than I do.
    They are in the position to know what players best fit the system that has been implemented - I can only judge from my limited knowledge what appears to be the case.

Making decisions for the fans is a step down the road to chaos, IMHO.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Great question and an excellent answer.

;D

I only say that becasue he made some comment like that when he was hired on as HC.

He wanted to put his identity on the team.
    I'm with ya now.
    Just wanted to make sure that if any local sports hacks were out there sniffing about, they would get it that there are a few of us out here who consider them our team as well.

Keep on keepin on Snoman.

;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

ya its our team to man i just hope they consider us in their decisions
    You know what - I hope they DON'T consider us in their decisions, other than the general responsibility to win for the fans.

Why?

Because, as much as I know about football (and that's plenty), even the lowliest assistant coach in charge of wiping footballs knows tons more about the game than I do.
    They are in the position to know what players best fit the system that has been implemented - I can only judge from my limited knowledge what appears to be the case.

Making decisions for the fans is a step down the road to chaos, IMHO.

=Z=
    Man.
    Leave it to one troll to pop his head in and everybody puts on his A game today.
    Another excellent post.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I agree, put Manning and Holt on our team, we are superbowl bound.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman

What if superman was our quarterback and Captain America was our MLB and the staff at Sheiks were the cheerleaders and our HC was Dr. Seuss?

I don't understand the what-iffing here.

You could pretty much say "what if" anything... Come up with some crazy philosophical question to ponder, and get back to me.

This team is the best we're going to get this year, so we need to accept that.
    -Sno

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

;D

I only say that becasue he made some comment like that when he was hired on as HC.

I'm with ya now.
    Just wanted to make sure that if any local sports hacks were out there sniffing about, they would get it that there are a few of us out here who consider them our team as well.

;D
    BTW, from the intro as Chilly as the HC, he knew he was going to get rid of DC (daunte). He made some comment about how he had watched DC and McNugget when they were considering them in the draft.
    I could tell that he wasn't impressed with DC, even though he was trying to say a bunch of positives about him.
    The tell was when he slipped and almost said he didn't compare to McNugget.
    Then he went on an immediate tangent about DCs positves which were still second to McNugget, insert foot in mouth.

Anyway, point is, he was going to put his mark on our team, excuse me, his team.
    LOL!

Spiccolli, don't order pizza on my time!

"SnoBumMN" wrote:
    What if superman was our quarterback and Captain America was our MLB and the staff at Sheiks were the cheerleaders and our HC was Dr. Seuss?

I don't understand the what-iffing here.

You could pretty much say "what if" anything... Come up with some crazy philosophical question to ponder, and get back to me.

It is the same question just posed a different way.

The real question still comes down to where are our weakest links?

You are right, there is nothing we can do about it.
    There isn't much that the Vikings Org can do about it either except bring in and take chances on guys like Fred Evans.
    Guys that are discounted that might be hidden gems.
    The only guys that will make a difference, is the Coaches and Players at this point.

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

;D

I'm with ya now.

;D
    BTW, from the intro as Chilly as the HC, he knew he was going to get rid of DC (daunte). He made some comment about how he had watched DC and McNugget when they were considering them in the draft.
    I could tell that he wasn't impressed with DC, even though he was trying to say a bunch of positives about him.
    The tell was when he slipped and almost said he didn't compare to McNugget.
    Then he went on an immediate tangent about DCs positves which were still second to McNugget, insert foot in mouth.

Anyway, point is, he was going to put his mark on our team, excuse me, his team.
    LOL!

Spiccolli, don't order pizza on my time!
    You are a class act my friend.

As for the Chiller......
    Stamp away my fellow balding man.......
    I like what you and the rest of the staff are doing.
    Its gonna be fun to watch this team grow a bit this year.

;D

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

On the way to work this morning I was thinking while listening to mike and mike, how good would our team be if we could(hypatheticaly) implant an all-pro qb and all-pro reciever on our team, is the rest of our team good enough to support all star players and possibly go to the playoffs, what do you think? and if so how good do you think we could be?
    We already HAVE implanted those two All-Pros...the rest of the NFL just doesn't know it YET!
    ;D
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

"SnoBumMN" wrote:

That statement is not true because of what I said in the previous post.
    The fact that the team can get better by the way it plays.
    They can also get worse.
    Certain areas of the team that were good last year might be bad this year and so on.

That is where the "what if" statement is a valid statement (question) and that is one of the purposes of PPO, it is a place to post our opinions.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast