Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    purplepeopleeaters2 is offline Training Camp

If the circumstances were different

On the way to work this morning I was thinking while listening to mike and mike, how good would our team be if we could(hypatheticaly) implant an all-pro qb and all-pro reciever on our team, is the rest of our team good enough to support all star players and possibly go to the playoffs, what do you think? and if so how good do you think we could be?
    "...to get really high is to forget yourself and to forget yourself is to see everything else; and to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. That's why I think it's important to get high."
    -Jerry Garcia

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: If the circumstances were different

Yes.

We have a stud line and at least one proven RB with another highly explosive back in the making (barring he stays healthy).

Good post.

good call, the lines are good.
    "...to get really high is to forget yourself and to forget yourself is to see everything else; and to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. That's why I think it's important to get high."
    -Jerry Garcia

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"purplepeopleeaters2" wrote:
    On the way to work this morning I was thinking while listening to mike and mike, how good would our team be if we could(hypatheticaly) implant an all-pro qb and all-pro reciever on our team, is the rest of our team good enough to support all star players and possibly go to the playoffs, what do you think? and if so how good do you think we could be?
    Well....I guess that depends on what you mean by "all-pro QB".
    I think you could put Peyton Manning on most any team and that team would win more games than they would w/out him.
    Tony Romo made the Pro Bowl last year, but I don't think I can say the same about putting Romo behind center on any team.

If the world were Madden and The Pentagon of Power in charge of the Vikings could get, say, Carson Palmer at QB and Chad Johnson at WR, then, yes, I think the Vikings have enough talent at RB, OL and on Defense to go deep into the playoffs.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

ya i know its not a madden world unfortunately, by all pro i mean a top ten qb, and just to add(reminding you im not a hater, i back up the vikings all the way) but why is it that we went the route we did, as a fan its frustrating but i understand.
    -Jerry Garcia

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

What makes a good QB?

Does he have to be an all-pro?

I don't think the WR is going to be important just so long as the ones we got are running routes, getting open and catching the ball to move the chains.

So that brings it back to our QB.....

He doesn't have to be an all pro, just look at da'Bears.
    He needs to make good decisions in an efficient offense.
    The offense doesn't have to be explosive, it helps, but it doesn't have to be.
    Another example is the Dilfer led Ravens.

Above average Run Game + Great Defense will get you wins and definitely to the playoffs.
    The Vikes need to prove themselves with a pass rush equating to some sacks.
    It would help if we can get better coverage downfield to help get a few coverage sacks.
    With that said, the pass defense in the secondary also needs to be better otherwise we are just a great run defense and not a great defense.

Back to the original question, yes a above average QB and WR would help us a lot, but we have chosen the route of rebuilding Chilly's team.

Ponder this:

Does Carson Palmer and Chad Johnson make us a better team?
    IMHO, it makes us better on offense, but it still comes down to the questions on D?
    Chad and Carson would put more points on the board that we were lacking last year.

"snowinapril" wrote:
    What makes a good QB?

I don't think the WR is going to be important just so long as the ones we got are running routes, getting open and catching the ball to move the chains.

Above average Run Game + Great Defense will get you wins and definitely to the playoffs.
    It would help if we can get better coverage downfield to help get a few coverage sacks.
    With that said, the pass defense in the secondary also needs to be better otherwise we are just a great run defense and not a great defense.

Back to the original question, yes a above average QB and WR would help us a lot, but we have chosen the route of rebuilding Chilly's team.

Ponder this:

IMHO, it makes us better on offense, but it still comes down to the questions on D?
    Chad and Carson would put more points on the board that we were lacking last year.
    good call
    -Jerry Garcia

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"snowinapril" wrote:
    What makes a good QB?

Ponder this:

Great question and an excellent answer.
    ;D

By the way, this isn't just the Chillers team.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    What makes a good QB?

Ponder this:

;D

ya its our team to man i just hope they consider us in their decisions
    -Jerry Garcia

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:

;D

I only say that becasue he made some comment like that when he was hired on as HC.

He wanted to put his identity on the team.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast