Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast
    Ranger is offline Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Apparently you & I are the only ones here that think Loadholt is overrated
    He's a slightly above average right tackle.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    He's a slightly above average right tackle.
    He's a slightly above average for a STARTER. THe average right tackle lasts two years and is out of the league.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    He's a slightly above average for a STARTER. THe average right tackle lasts two years and is out of the league.
    So you believe Ryan Cook & Marcus Johnson were above average linemen because they remained in the league for several seasons?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Marty thought Ryan Cook should have been in the pro bowl.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Marty also thought jackson was a great QB in the making.....

Caine

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    He is- just give him a few more years....

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    IF Ponder struggles, we will see what Cassel can do. He was pretty good that one year with the Patsies, with a good team around him. With AP taking the load, he wouldn't be asked to do too much, and may prove to be a good game manager type. Really, I think Ponder has a good chance of proving to be a good game manager too, so, looks obvious to me, that's the gameplan, and, I think it should be, after all, we have the best RB in the game today, and possibly ever, so why not give that man the damn ball!

The loss of Winny will be felt, however, as great as he is in run support, you have to admit that his size was a liability vs. the large WRs we face regularly in the NFC North: Calvin, Marshall, Jordy etc. How many downs was he right on his guy for the tackle, yet couldn't stop a jump ball catch for the first down!?? And, hate to say it, but he was beginning to regularly wear down late season.

And, Smith should be better in his 2nd year, and the Raymond-Sanford competition opposite him has also brought better play out of that side. Perhaps, better man-press coverage outside with some safety support inside can lead to improved pass defense, despite missing the mighty Winny...hopefully, maybe!?

As for the front of our D, I'm not thinking we're going to miss Brinkley, and our DL is all returning this year, and all playing for a new contract next year...my gut feeling, is that the DL is going to be extra fired up! Basically, I suspect our defense to remain strong, as long as our offense can get first downs and stay on the field.

Like it or not, old school, time of possession/field position football can still win games in this league, specially if you have a superstar RB, a solid Defense, and maybe even improving Special Teams!

SKOL VIKINGS!!!!!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Marty thought Ryan Cook should have been in the pro bowl.
    Be careful what you say. I'm always watching. My opinions on Cook were always that the Coaches shouldn't have started him. One of the many things I pinged on the Chiller for that most of you ignored.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Marty also thought jackson was a great QB in the making.....

Caine
    Never said great. Just like Ponder, I saw some good in him and just wanted him to have a chance with a full up round team. To date, neither has although Ponder will be given a team pretty close to it this year and won't get that excuse from me.

Judging by what a certain D-coord said this year about what is going to happen to the new "Running QB's" I have a sneaky feeling TJ might get that chance as well.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by mountainviking View Post
    IF Ponder struggles, we will see what Cassel can do. He was pretty good that one year with the Patsies, with a good team around him. With AP taking the load, he wouldn't be asked to do too much, and may prove to be a good game manager type. Really, I think Ponder has a good chance of proving to be a good game manager too, so, looks obvious to me, that's the gameplan, and, I think it should be, after all, we have the best RB in the game today, and possibly ever, so why not give that man the damn ball!

The loss of Winny will be felt, however, as great as he is in run support, you have to admit that his size was a liability vs. the large WRs we face regularly in the NFC North: Calvin, Marshall, Jordy etc. How many downs was he right on his guy for the tackle, yet couldn't stop a jump ball catch for the first down!?? And, hate to say it, but he was beginning to regularly wear down late season.

And, Smith should be better in his 2nd year, and the Raymond-Sanford competition opposite him has also brought better play out of that side. Perhaps, better man-press coverage outside with some safety support inside can lead to improved pass defense, despite missing the mighty Winny...hopefully, maybe!?

As for the front of our D, I'm not thinking we're going to miss Brinkley, and our DL is all returning this year, and all playing for a new contract next year...my gut feeling, is that the DL is going to be extra fired up! Basically, I suspect our defense to remain strong, as long as our offense can get first downs and stay on the field.

Like it or not, old school, time of possession/field position football can still win games in this league, specially if you have a superstar RB, a solid Defense, and maybe even improving Special Teams!

SKOL VIKINGS!!!!!
    Ole Mountain Man still putting out top shelf stuff.

Only thing I disagree with you on old friend is the whole Cassell discussion point. You are correct in that the Pats team carried him for a season, thus making him look better than he really was. I'm just not sure that this team can do that for him.

I think its gonna take a whole lot for Cassell to supplant Christian when it comes to playing.

Quick question, here is something I posted on a FB page the other day.....rank the QB's.

Which QB you want based on stats........First column is accuracy by distance.....BLOS = Behind Line of Scrimmage, rest are yards.

----------A-----B------C-------D------E
    BLOS --80.6---75----83.3--82.2---79.3
    1-10- --71.6---72.8--65.7--72.9---65.6
    11-20--56.8---43.5--46.3--54.2---62.7
    21-30--44.4---34----21.7--39.5---61.1
    31-40--35.3---40----0------55.6---0
    40+----16.7---0-----66.7---14.3---30.8

Unquote
    For those that played on the FB page don't spoil it for the rest that are interested.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast