Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Ranger is offline Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Yeah, I hear ya. Cassel isn't exactly the second coming of Favre, but there is something alluring about someone who has actually had a pro-bowl year... especially when the current QB struggles to be mediocre.

I just want one of the two to kick it into high gear and take us deep into the playoffs!
    I think the problem is that even with poor quarterback play, our team is talented enough to keep us too low in the draft to get a good quarterback.

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by SharperImage View Post
    Do you think the Vikings would be open to Mortgaging the next 3 first round picks to move up to #1 or #2 to take Teddy Bridgewater?

If Ponder blows, Bridgewater could step right in, and probably lead us to the playoffs like RG3 did with Redskins. Bridgewater is suppose to be better than RG3 and Luck. Do you think the vikes would pull the trigger and save the franchises future? Or do we bring in a vet and try to "Make a run"
    I hope to hell not. Three #1 picks is insane. I guess I'll have to see Bridgewater play, but the guy plays at Louisville for gosh sakes...not like he's putting up those numbers against SEC competition. I could see drafting him, maybe trading our 2014 and 2015 1sts to move up to get him, but not three #1s. No more Herschel Walker like stupidity, please!

Not sure if this thread has discussed who the FA QBs will be next season, but Josh Freeman might not be a horrible guy to look at, and I think his deal is up after this season.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Yeah, I hear ya. Cassel isn't exactly the second coming of Favre, but there is something alluring about someone who has actually had a pro-bowl year... especially when the current QB struggles to be mediocre.

I just want one of the two to kick it into high gear and take us deep into the playoffs!
    Deep?

How about all the way?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Deep?

How about all the way?
    I would be fine with that.

At the same time I am a bit realistic. If Ponder or Cassel were to take the helm and lead the Vikings to one or two playoff wins, I would consider it a successful season... with something to build upon for next year.

I don't subscribe to the "season is a failure unless you win the superbowl" philosophy like some people do. For instance, I consider last year a success - taking a 3-13 team and getting them into the playoffs with a 10-6 record the next season = successful season... with something to build upon for the next year. Regressing or failing to build upon that is a failure IMHO.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    That video was pretty spot on.

Accurate passer who excels in the short game.
    Mobile QB who can buy time.
    High completion percentage in the short game.
    Concerns about his arm strength.

So basically he excels at the short game, stuggles with the long game.

Unfortunately, that is not what we need when we have the best running back in the league and questionable receivers. If we ad the best WR corp in the league and a questionable RB, then maybe he would be more successful.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314