Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Kindof a interesting tidbit I looked up based on a comment by Nodack.

And here are the six most popular margin of victory numbers (or, "key numbers") since 2003:

• 3 — 15.39% of all games
    • 7 — 9.55% of all games
    • 10 — 6.14% of all games
    • 6 — 5.58% of all games
    • 4 — 5.32% of all games
    • 14 —4.79% of all games
    NFL Margin Of Victory Chart - Business Insider
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    That is always the problem with QB's. The only sure things will cost you a king's ransom, everything else is a gamble. Cutler might be available soon.
    I sure hope it's not Cutler, but it's really hard to predict. Who would have ever guess that Peyton Manning would be a free agent?
    Dream scenario is Tom Brady gets hurt this year, Ryan Mallet steps in and plays well. BOOM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    I sure hope it's not Cutler, but it's really hard to predict. Who would have ever guess that Peyton Manning would be a free agent?
    Dream scenario is Tom Brady gets hurt this year, Ryan Mallet steps in and plays well. BOOM.
    I am still not sure about Cutler. I sure wanted him when he was a rookie. Still think we made a mistake not using our extra picks and going up and getting him and then passing on him again when we had the second chance to get him.

He was fine when he was behind a good OL and had a good guy calling plays for him in Denver.

And I'm still not sure why you think Mallet can run our version of the offense. What is even more confusing to me is that the Pats brought him in as a backup to Brady and they run almost the same offense that I think Musgrave is trying to do.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    I am still not sure about Cutler. I sure wanted him when he was a rookie. Still think we made a mistake not using our extra picks and going up and getting him and then passing on him again when we had the second chance to get him.

He was fine when he was behind a good OL and had a good guy calling plays for him in Denver.

And I'm still not sure why you think Mallet can run our version of the offense. What is even more confusing to me is that the Pats brought him in as a backup to Brady and they run almost the same offense that I think Musgrave is trying to do.
    I could point to his mediocre numbers, only 2 years out of 8 with over 3500 yards, 14+ interceptions in 6 of 8 seasons, career QB rating of 84.
    But mostly I don't like him because he seems like a diva. He whined his way out of Denver, and married a reality tv star.

The dream scenario is Tom Brady becoming a Vikings. A long shot, but like I said who could have ever imagined Peyton Manning getting released. If Mallet took them to a Superbowl...
    Actually when I first dreamed this Tom Brady theory up it was based on the fact that he has lost so many weapons, he could actually struggle, especially if Gronk doesn't come back healthy. Tom Brady is great, but losing Wes Welker, Aaron Hernandez, and The Gronk in one season is a lot for any QB to overcome.

I could point to his mediocre numbers, only 2 years out of 8 with over 3500 yards, 14+ interceptions in 6 of 8 seasons, career QB rating of 84.
    But mostly I don't like him because he seems like a diva. He whined his way out of Denver, and married a reality tv star.

The dream scenario is Tom Brady becoming a Vikings. A long shot, but like I said who could have ever imagined Peyton Manning getting released. If Mallet took them to a Superbowl...
    Actually when I first dreamed this Tom Brady theory up it was based on the fact that he has lost so many weapons, he could actually struggle, especially if Gronk doesn't come back healthy. Tom Brady is great, but losing Wes Welker, Aaron Hernandez, and The Gronk in one season is a lot for any QB to overcome.
    Of course Brady would be the perfect fit as we are trying to run the same scheme as they are. Should/would be pretty simple for him to step right in.

I wouldn't like Cutler now. I don't think he fits our scheme. I think of him as a more vertical guy than a Dink Dunker.

And the only time your gonna see ole Mallet Head at the SB is if he is sitting in the stands or on someones bench with a clipboard in his hand.

If Christian Ponder Doesnt Pan Out...

Ponder does not seem to have consistent arm strength .
    His down field passing is sorely lacking
    None

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    I sure hope it's not Cutler, but it's really hard to predict. BOOM.

I hope it's not Cutler either.....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Cassel’s numbers look as painfully feeble as Ponders
    I wonder if this writer noticed while he was picking his stats that Cassel had 9 games last year

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    I wonder if this writer noticed while he was picking his stats that Cassel had 9 games last year
    I wonder too, as it looks like cherry picking, but if Cassel was benched for performance rather than injuries, aren't all of the stats fair game?

Our stat analysis here is better anyway. We know Ponder was by far the worst quarterback in the NFL with his 15+ yards passing game. A more detailed analysis would have given the author better statistics to support his premise.

I agree with the author that Ponder had not played well last season. That does not mean Ponder will not play well this season, but the indications are that Ponder has played just about as many scouts had predicted, and that does not bode well for his third campaign.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast