Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer

If Christian Ponder Doesnt Pan Out...

Do you think the Vikings would be open to Mortgaging the next 3 first round picks to move up to #1 or #2 to take Teddy Bridgewater?

The Redskins gave their future up for RG3. The Redskins still went to the playoffs with a poor offensive line, 1 quality WR and no TE when Fred Davis went down. The QB does make the difference.

The Vikings are LOADED coming into this 2013 year, the only reason the vikes arent in conversation with The 49ers and Seahawks is because Ponder is a huge ?.Ponder's Senior season he almost lost the starting Job to EJ Manuel, but held on because he knew the offense better.

The Vikings will still win 6-8 games even if ponder blows chunks. We have the best RB in the League. 3 Quality WRs. Two great TEs. Solid Oline. Solid FB. Solid Dline. Up and coming LB core. Two shutdown quality CBs. Solid FS. Best Kicker in the NFL, best punter in the NFL draft.

If Ponder blows, Bridgewater could step right in, and probably lead us to the playoffs like RG3 did with Redskins. Bridgewater is suppose to be better than RG3 and Luck. Do you think the vikes would pull the trigger and save the franchises future? Or do we bring in a vet and try to "Make a run"

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Way too much time between now and the draft to speculate one way or the other. There is both a NFL season and a college season yet to be played.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    No

I repeat- No

Dibbzz is offline Starter
    I'd personally would rather have Johnny Football over Bridgewater, but that's just me. Manziel just seems like the complete package who can make plays with both his legs and arm.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by SharperImage View Post
    Do you think the Vikings would be open to Mortgaging the next 3 first round picks to move up to #1 or #2 to take Teddy Bridgewater?
    As Nodak said, there is a full season to play in both Pro and college ball. Too much can happen between now and then to say who we'll target or who would be available where...

The Redskins gave their future up for RG3. The Redskins still went to the playoffs with a poor offensive line, 1 quality WR and no TE when Fred Davis went down. The QB does make the difference.
    Yes, but let's see how good he is after he has a season of tape for opposing teams to study.

The Vikings are LOADED coming into this 2013 year, the only reason the vikes arent in conversation with The 49ers and Seahawks is because Ponder is a huge ?.Ponder's Senior season he almost lost the starting Job to EJ Manuel, but held on because he knew the offense better.
    Here I disagree strongly. We aren't "loaded"... Every year someone says this....it's never true.

We have HUGE question marks at WR - only Jennings has proven himself, but the health question mark rides on his head.

We have a hole at LB...

DT...

RT...will Loadholt step up, or is he too far down the McKinney highway?

Which one of our CB's made the Pro-Bowl last season?

Safety?

We're not loaded. We have a lot of guys with the POTENTIAL to be great...but they haven't actually proven themselves to be yet.

The Vikings will still win 6-8 games even if ponder blows chunks. We have the best RB in the League. 3 Quality WRs. Two great TEs. Solid Oline. Solid FB. Solid Dline. Up and coming LB core. Two shutdown quality CBs. Solid FS. Best Kicker in the NFL, best punter in the NFL draft.
    Again, we will win 6 games on AP alone. But I seriously think you over estimate how good the rest of the team is.

we managed only 10 ints last season but gave up almost 4000 passing yards. The only thing that "shut down" was our ability to stop opposing teams from passing.

Wr - covered that already.

TE....Rudolf is damn good...who else?

O-Line....Again, Loadholt. Huge question mark.

FB...do we even use one? No...seriously...do we? Our FB (Felton) accounted for ZERO carries last season.

DL - getting better...but Kevin Williams isn't getting younger, and Jared Allen dropped off a LOT last season. Will they return to form or are they on the downward slide?

LB - I like Greenway, but the rest are either stop-gap players or unproven rookies.

K - I don't know about best in the NFL, but I sure do like having him here.

P - I don't ever bank on rookies. Too many look amazing in the draft then disappear.

So, again, based upon PROVEN players - not rookies who haven't shown jack - where do we REALLY stand?

Truth is, we have the POTENTIAL to go the distance...we also have the POTENTIAL to go 2-14. But it isn't ALL on Ponder. A lot of our players have to prove themselves...as do our coaches.

If Ponder blows, Bridgewater could step right in, and probably lead us to the playoffs like RG3 did with Redskins. Bridgewater is suppose to be better than RG3 and Luck. Do you think the vikes would pull the trigger and save the franchises future? Or do we bring in a vet and try to "Make a run"
    Leinart was supposed to be great. So was Quinn. So was Leaf.

IF Ponder crashes, I expect that we'll see Cassell starting. And, provided he doesn't implode, my guess is that management will look to him to be "The Guy". Mortgaging our future isn't something Minnesota does very often....and depending upon how well we do, will determine the cost of that mortgage. We'd have to stink pretty bad and have a real early pick for the Vikes to pull out all the stops for the #1 overall. IMHO.

Caine

Randy Moss is offline Pro-Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    FB...do we even use one? No...seriously...do we? Our FB (Felton) accounted for ZERO carries last season.
    Are you being serious?

Dibbzz is offline Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moss View Post
    Are you being serious?
    He's right: Jerome Felton Stats, News, Videos, Highlights, Pictures, Bio - Minnesota Vikings - ESPN

Culpepper_4717 is offline Asst. Coach Chopper Challenge Champion
    AD wouldn't have got all those yards without felton leading the block, no need to give felton the ball when we have THE BEST RB IN THE GAME.

Depending on how are season goes, we may not have to trade up at all. If Ponder struggles to the point where Castle takes over, we're in big trouble at that point.

Castle is not all of the sudden going to light it up, though I could be wrong about him. He reminds me of a less savvy Brad Johnson.

I am thinking 1-4 or 2-5 might be bad enough to sit Ponder. At that point we're going to be digging ourselves out of a whole with..... Matt Castle? I highly doubt it.

Things could rapidly spiral out of control. I think teams are going to go all in on Adrian Peterson this year no matter what. Ponder and or Castle are going to have to get it done through the air.

I think the tuck rule is going to hurt us big time this year. I hope I am wrong.

Lastly, I think the loss of Winfield is going to be huge in the run department. He had a nose and was a beast of a tackler. Yeah his coverage skills were not good but he was a huge part of our success in the secondary.

That one is going to come back to haunt us.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post

RT...will Loadholt step up, or is he too far down the McKinney highway?

O-Line....Again, Loadholt. Huge question mark.

Caine
    Apparently you & I are the only ones here that think Loadholt is overrated

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast