MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries

If Castillo leaves Philly, he could land in Minnesota

If Castillo leaves Philly, he could land in Minnesota | ProFootballTalk

The Vikings dont yet have a vacancy at the defensive coordinator position, but their next defensive coordinator could be a guy who has yet to be fired from his current gig as a defensive coordinator.

Tom Pelissero of 1500espn.com reports that, if the Eagles replace Juan Castillo with Steve Spagnuolo, Castillo could be the next defensive coordinator of the Vikings.

Castillo and Vikings coach Leslie Frazier were colleagues on Andy Reids staff from 1999 through 2002, and Frazier spoke highly of Castillo last February.

I have a strong affinity for Juan going back to our days spent together in Philadelphia, Frazier said, via Pelissero. I can remember Jim Johnson and our defensive staff putting our game plans together, and wed always get together with Juan just to make sure they were sound in terms of pressures and blitzes.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Could this organization possibly get any more pathetic than it already is? Holy shit.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

vikesrgreat2 is offline Starter
    Blog Entries
    NOTHING surprises me with the Vikings any more!

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries
    What does anyone expect? Frazier is on a very short leash. Another bad season and he is likely fired. What half way decent DC would want to tie their fate to Frazier?

If Frazier manages to hang around but then the team moves due to the stadium issue. Well then you have to uproot your family and move again.

This is one of the least stable coaching positions available.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakout View Post
    What does anyone expect? Frazier is on a very short leash. Another bad season and he is likely fired. What half way decent DC would want to tie their fate to Frazier?

If Frazier manages to hang around but then the team moves due to the stadium issue. Well then you have to uproot your family and move again.

This is one of the least stable coaching positions available.
    By in large, I agree, however, there are only 32 of these jobs in the world. If I was a DC, or had the ability to be one, and certainly one aspiring to be a HC, I would take this job for that very reason. It may just be the fastest way to become a HC

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    By in large, I agree, however, there are only 32 of these jobs in the world. If I was a DC, or had the ability to be one, and certainly one aspiring to be a HC, I would take this job for that very reason. It may just be the fastest way to become a HC
    No Kidding. With the Ziggy Wilf hiring formula you basically need to be the first one at his doorstep and you are in like Flynn. ( Not Matt apparently)

Then again being a Vikings DC has been a good gateway to a HC job as evidenced by Dungy, Tomlin and Frazier. Not so much by Foge Fazio though.

He won't be coming here. This would be his last choice by far if I were him. Too precarious of a situation in Minnesota. Sad but true.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by battleaxe4cheese View Post
    He won't be coming here. This would be his last choice by far if I were him. Too precarious of a situation in Minnesota. Sad but true.
    Why is that sad. I don't want him. He's awful
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

according to philly papers castillo is staying in philly....he is at the seniorbowl scouting for the beagles
    None