Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If...

SHOW-TIME is offline Pro-Bowler

If...

if smith is gone who would u guys like to take dj or vilma. williams is projected higher but i like vilma
    so yeah eatingpieinbed some friends of mine http://www.purevolume.com/eatingpieinbed

If...

Vilma that would be awesome

Go VIKES

Claiborne55 is offline Rookie

If...

That's a pretty tough choice. Williams is bigger, faster, and stronger. Vilma on the other hand is much smarter and a proven leader on the field. Both have a nose for the ball and make plays. I'd be extremely happy to have either. I have a preference for Williams, but the more I think about it the more appealing Vilma becomes.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

If...

Whoever we got would play OLB, so Williams would be the better choice.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

BigEasyViking is offline Coordinator

If...

I say eiter of these would be very good linebackers on our team. If I had to chose, I think that I would rather have Williams as he would fit into the OLB role better than Vilma. But I wouldn't be upset with either.
    God Bless America, & the MINNESOTA VIKINGS!!!

If...

DJ is more of an OLB, so I'd take him. I'd be glad to see either in purple though.

VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

If...

DJ hands down. If we take Vilma, I will refuse to accept in anyway shape or form we had a good draft. I think it would just be dumb. I would honoestly rather see us take Carey over him.
    When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

If...

I disagree with that, we have Lewis Kelly, who is a good player to replace Dixon when he is done. Vilma could change to outside if we couldn't get Smith or Williams.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

If...

"BigEasyViking" wrote:
    I say eiter of these would be very good linebackers on our team. If I had to chose, I think that I would rather have Williams as he would fit into the OLB role better than Vilma. But I wouldn't be upset with either.

I have read that DJ is more suited for the strong side LB position or even the MLB in the NFL and not the will spot. We need a will LB don't we? I am pretty sure Claiborne is a sam. i would take Vilma, but either guy would make me happy.

I would rather see us get either one of them, then pick Odom or babin at 19. If we moved down, then we might have to go babin or odom and get a OLB in the 2nd round. The OLB are really deep this year and we could find some good ones with our 2nd pick. DE might be harder to find with our 2nd pick, which makes our 1st pick a little harder. I would still take Vilma or DJ in the first, unles will Smith is somehow available.

Claiborne55 is offline Rookie

If...

Posted: Sun 18 Apr, 2004 Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BigEasyViking wrote:

I have read that DJ is more suited for the strong side LB position or even the MLB in the NFL and not the will spot. We need a will LB don't we? I am pretty sure Claiborne is a sam. i would take Vilma, but either guy would make me happy.

I would rather see us get either one of them, then pick Odom or babin at 19. If we moved down, then we might have to go babin or odom and get a OLB in the 2nd round. The OLB are really deep this year and we could find some good ones with our 2nd pick. DE might be harder to find with our 2nd pick, which makes our 1st pick a little harder. I would still take Vilma or DJ in the first, unles will Smith is somehow available.
    Claiborne has played in all 3 linebacker positions during his career, so he could be moved around. I think Vilma could pick up outside linebacker pretty quickly. Read any articles on this guy and one of the first things people say is how smart he is, how the coach tells him something once, and he doesn't make mistakes after that. On the other hand, Williams is said by many to be the best overall athlete in the draft. I like both these players. Claiborne, Henderson, and either of these two would make a great group of backers, one that I think would have the potential to be the best in the league in a few years.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast