Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

I'd like to send Randy Moss a letter...

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    Even in the offseason, jack? They get it personally still?
    Guys on other teams in the league get fan mail etc year round. The teams send it to them at home once a week or so. I imagine it's done the same at Winter Park. :salute:

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

But, what do the players do with all this mail? I would hope they read all the letters and stuff, but I just have a feeling they don't read all the letters they receive. Especially big stars like Moss who probably just get tons and tons of letters!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    But, what do the players do with all this mail? I would hope they read all the letters and stuff, but I just have a feeling they don't read all the letters they receive. Especially big stars like Moss who probably just get tons and tons of letters!
    The ones that live up north use it to stay warm... :angryfire:

The ones that go south use it to make paper airplanes and boats... :scratch:

Seriously, no one can read ALL their fan mail. Some hire people to sift through them and weed out the junk (Marriage proposals from Packer fans, death threats from Eagles fans, etc). I would guess it's more of a "Luck of the draw" affair.

Many do, however, TRY to read as many as possible - or so I've heard.

Caine

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    Alot of times it's kids sending them football cards to get signed and a SASE to mail them back in.

I've seen some guys that have HUGE boxes full of letters they've gotten. Some opened, others not. They say they're keeping them because it's cool that people send them all this stuff. There's no way that every player reads everything... especially when you get to elite players like Randy. Obviously he gets more stuff mailed to him than say Anderson does. So the chances ( just on pure volume ) that he'll read and respond are lower with an elite player, than with a role player. But the players get mail in their mailbox at the facilities year round.

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

Alright, I just wrote this off the top of my head, but I'm going to send it - I haven't decided whether to send it to Winter Park or to send it to Sid Hartman.

Dear Mr. Moss,

You don’t know me, Mr. Moss. You’ve not yet heard of me, and we may never meet. But I’m one of your biggest fans. I’m a resident of Chicago, Illinois, attending The University of Chicago, born and raised a Chicago Bears fan, from a family of hardcore Bears fans. I was as well, until the first time I saw you play, that first juggling touchdown catch you made against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. I don’t know if you’ll ever read this letter, because I’m certain it’s one out of a million, but because of that love I have for watching you play the game, I had to write it.

Recent events have cast an extremely bad light on you, to the point of rumors circulating about your future with the Minnesota Vikings. I lament that such would even be a consideration, but that the rumors exist is an undeniable fact. I know that you’re a competitor, and that you want to win. I know it’s not about the money at this point, and that it seems like the entire world is against you. But please know that that’s not true.

There are those of us who read the articles about how much time you spend with children, and about how much of a difference you make. There are those of us who know that you’re an incredible person. There are those of us whom know that you love this game more than life itself. There are those of us who know that out of 99 regular season and post-season touchdowns you celebrated just one in an extravagant fashion. There are those of us whom watch you hand off balls that you could very well keep to paraplegics and children in the crowd. There are those of us who know that the only reason Moe Williams was able to take that 5 yard pass for a 68 yard game is because Al Harris got blown up on the outside – by none other than you, Randy. There are those of us who know that you’re misunderstood, and hated. There are those of us who heard the Packer fans screaming “Nigger!” and “Buckwheat!” at you when you walked onto Lambeau Field on that glorious Sunday. We understand that life is not fair, and that you are judged by pundits whom could drown in their own hypocrisy. And we are the people who defend you at the lunch tables and at the bars, telling our family and friends and co-workers that there is a real Randy Moss that the media decides to ignore. And it is for us that I am writing you this letter.

The 2003 season, though perhaps the most heartbreaking, was your most productive year. You became the first wide receiver in NFL history to average 100 yards and a touchdown catch in every game. You gained 172 yards on 8 catches and scored three times while Terrell Owens flipped out on the sidelines. And you didn’t say anything. You didn’t brag, you didn’t gloat. We didn’t hear your name in the media in a negative context – at all. All we heard about was your incredible production and team play. And we loved it. Even though the season ended 9-7, and we lost in Arizona, we could take comfort in the fact that Randy Moss was maturing and becoming a leader – that while TO threw temper tantrums, Randy Moss quietly blazed past defenders and made incredible plays in impossible situations (the Denver play was amazing, by the way.) We know that you have had defenses that have not supported you, and offensive players whom have placed the load squarely on your shoulders. But God never gives us more than we can handle, Randy, and you are strong enough to deal with such adversity. But you are now having the ball thrown your way by a man who may very well become one of the premier flingers in NFL history, and the two of you one of the most prolific duos.

You can shut your critics up Randy – and though you may not care about them, and perhaps you shouldn’t, we do. Do it for us Randy, the fans whom mean you no wrong, and who only want to see you succeed as a player – whether with the Vikings or with someone else. Make it so all they can talk about is how you destroyed Al Harris on one leg, or that beautiful block you made to seal off a defender from a play. Let your play do the talking Randy, because you are the best at what you do. And if you don’t care what anyone else thinks, care what your teammates think – because they’re going to war with you, in the trenches and on the sidelines. You are the greatest difference maker in the NFL, and that’s for better or for worse.

Whether or not you are with the Vikings next season, I hope you will take this letter to heart. Your play, and your life, has inspired me. I have a recurring knee problem that will prevent me from playing football at the level I’d like to, but I can still admire the adversity that you’ve overcome in your life, and the compassion you show to those who need it. I hope that regardless of what happens you will always remember who you are – because we, your fans, know who you are. Take it to ‘em Randy, as only you can. Good luck in all things.

Sincerely yours,

Christian Mitchell
    University of Chicago Student
    …and loyal fan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

Mr. O is offline Starter

Wow. That was a really well written, heartfelt letter. I hope he actually does read it.
    A man falls in love through his eyes, a woman through her ears. - Woodrow Wyatt

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Great letter!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Well written.

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

"jackyl" wrote:
    Well written.
    Yah, but who to send it to?

If what Sid Hartman claims is correct, and Moss is a personal friend, he would almost certainly deliver it, and as such, Moss would almost certainly read it.

Whereas the Winter Park route is rather risky

What do ya think jackyl?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast