Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Schutz is offline Team Alumni

Re: I would say the possible Booty/TJack QB controversy is over.

"ragz" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:
    Still haven't drank the Cool-Aide.

I really don't understand you guys. Our starter threw 9 TDs and 12 INTs last year, behind one of the best O-lines in football and with the best running backs in the NFL.

I really don't get this.
    our o-line isn't one of the best in the league in pass blocking.
    our qb was basically a rookie.
    we had no special wr.
    he missed 4 games due to injury.
    and if you look around the league the progress he was showing towards the end of the season leaves my hope than the qb play alot of teams were getting at the end of the year.
    excuses?
    maybe.
    but definitely contributing factors that might make a fan think things maybe different with some new personel, more experience, and so on.
    T-Jack has looked better this preseason, I just hope he can translate that to the real season and stay healthy.
    Like I've said elsewhere if T-Jack can just throw more TDs than INTs we'll have a good shot at the playoffs.
    I hope he does better but I think we'll have a better idea by week 4 of the regular season.

ragz is offline GM

"Schutz" wrote:
    "ragz" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:
    Still haven't drank the Cool-Aide.

I really don't understand you guys. Our starter threw 9 TDs and 12 INTs last year, behind one of the best O-lines in football and with the best running backs in the NFL.

I really don't get this.
    our o-line isn't one of the best in the league in pass blocking.
    our qb was basically a rookie.
    we had no special wr.
    he missed 4 games due to injury.
    and if you look around the league the progress he was showing towards the end of the season leaves my hope than the qb play alot of teams were getting at the end of the year.
    excuses?
    maybe.
    but definitely contributing factors that might make a fan think things maybe different with some new personel, more experience, and so on.
    T-Jack has looked better this preseason, I just hope he can translate that to the real season and stay healthy.
    Like I've said elsewhere if T-Jack can just throw more TDs than INTs we'll have a good shot at the playoffs.
    I hope he does better but I think we'll have a better idea by week 4 of the regular season.
    well starting on the road against a tough defense isn't gonna help so you're probably right.
    i get the feeling the first game might be real ugly.
    but a wins a win if we pull it out.
    but if he ain't that great early on we may get off to a bad start cuz we play some good offenses to start the season.
    so either he's gotta be good, or a defense has to be real good.
    otherwise we could come out of the gate 1-3 or 2-3 or something like that.
    "self improvement's masturbation.
    now self destruction" that's enlightenment

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"StillPurple" wrote:
    It is incredible how fast people have written off Booty ! And those same people will give T-Jacks 2 years + to develop !

Booty has played one or two games so far. Give the guy a chance !

I also think it a tad bit odd, given that our team is ostensibly built "inside-out", with an emphasis on blocking and running and controlling the LOS as the first consideration, that these discussions are so QB-centric. If given our LOS-control philosophy and our almost unique in the NFL focus on 'pounding the rock' rather than passing, does it really matter who is at QB ? Isn't the QB in such a system to "drive the bus" and not totally F*** up, rather than being Peyton Manning ? and if so, does it really matter who is at QB, as long as he doesn't really suck ?

Just wondering (in which case, Taravaris would be fine).

What I am trying to say is, a "QB controversy" might be irrelevant if your whole focus is AP and the LOS.

I also like Tarvaris and I support him as our QB. What I don't like on this site is when that goes over into cultishness and "drinking the Cool-Aide" on the guy and saying "he is our starter, period !!", etc. I like Tarvaris and I want him to do well for us, but I am not getting in that line yet to drink the Cool-Aide yet.
    I thinks its incredible how some people won't give TJ those 2 years or so but find it incredible that some of us say Booty isn't ready either.
    ;D

When TJ was run out there to learn on the fly, most of us said he wasn't ready.
    Same same goes for JDB. He isn't ready and probably won't be for 2 or 3 years based on the lack of reps he will get.
    TJ on the other hand, has been on the "Readers Digest" version of how to get a NFL QB ready.

No matter what side you are on, both approaches require time.
    Only difference is, one way puts the young QB out there for all to see/criticize and some just can't overcome the issues they see from the kid when he struggles.
    The other way, the more tried and true method, seems to be more fan friendly as you really don't know what you have until 3 years into the process and the kid takes the field for real for the first time.

Again, half dozen to one but both take time and patience by the fans.
    Some fans don't seem to have that patience especially for the kid learning on the field under center.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

ragz is offline GM

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:
    It is incredible how fast people have written off Booty ! And those same people will give T-Jacks 2 years + to develop !

I also think it a tad bit odd, given that our team is ostensibly built "inside-out", with an emphasis on blocking and running and controlling the LOS as the first consideration, that these discussions are so QB-centric. If given our LOS-control philosophy and our almost unique in the NFL focus on 'pounding the rock' rather than passing, does it really matter who is at QB ? Isn't the QB in such a system to "drive the bus" and not totally F*** up, rather than being Peyton Manning ? and if so, does it really matter who is at QB, as long as he doesn't really suck ?

What I am trying to say is, a "QB controversy" might be irrelevant if your whole focus is AP and the LOS.

I also like Tarvaris and I support him as our QB. What I don't like on this site is when that goes over into cultishness and "drinking the Cool-Aide" on the guy and saying "he is our starter, period !!", etc. I like Tarvaris and I want him to do well for us, but I am not getting in that line yet to drink the Cool-Aide yet.
    I thinks its incredible how some people won't give TJ those 2 years or so but find it incredible that some of us say Booty isn't ready either.
    ;D

Same same goes for JDB. He isn't ready and probably won't be for 2 or 3 years based on the lack of reps he will get.
    TJ on the other hand, has been on the "Readers Digest" version of how to get a NFL QB ready.

Only difference is, one way puts the young QB out there for all to see/criticize and some just can't overcome the issues they see from the kid when he struggles.
    The other way, the more tried and true method, seems to be more fan friendly as you really don't know what you have until 3 years into the process and the kid takes the field for real for the first time.

Some fans don't seem to have that patience especially for the kid learning on the field under center.
    ;D
    marr, the more this stuff comes up, doesn't it seem like more tjack hating than fans being in love with him.
    i mean if someone defends tjack it's a case of blind love, meanwhile the same people can illogically come and say booty could push tjack for the starting job when we drafted him.
    its all about perception and alot of people have been on tjack not becuz of his play cuz what could honestly be expected? but becuz of the college he played at and
    the original feeling about the draft pick.
    i mean, i've heard more faith put into the draft pick of booty, a 5th rounder, than belief in tjack succeeding and tjack has proven more and was drafted higher.
    it's just baffling to me how people are so sure tjack is not going to be any good.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"ragz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:

;D

;D
    marr, the more this stuff comes up, doesn't it seem like more tjack hating than fans being in love with him.
    i mean if someone defends tjack it's a case of blind love, meanwhile the same people can illogically come and say booty could push tjack for the starting job when we drafted him.
    its all about perception and alot of people have been on tjack not becuz of his play cuz what could honestly be expected? but becuz of the college he played at and
    i mean, i've heard more faith put into the draft pick of booty, a 5th rounder, than belief in tjack succeeding and tjack has proven more and was drafted higher.
    it's just baffling to me how people are so sure tjack is not going to be any good.
    Two things....

First, excellent post.
    Long story short, none of the young QB's brought in by this staff were to be our saviours and provide instant success.
    All have been projects.
    We as fans have to understand that. Sure we don't have to like it, especially when we have to watch one learn under fire, but we need to at least understand whats going on.

Second.
    Again, as I said, glad to see you posting during the day.
    Whats changed?
    New job, new shift, just staying up later to chat with your good friend Marrdro?
    Whats up.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

ragz is offline GM

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "ragz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:

;D

;D
    Two things....

First, excellent post.
    Long story short, none of the young QB's brought in by this staff were to be our saviours and provide instant success.
    All have been projects.
    We as fans have to understand that. Sure we don't have to like it, especially when we have to watch one learn under fire, but we need to at least understand whats going on.

Second.
    Again, as I said, glad to see you posting during the day.

Whats changed?
    New job, new shift, just staying up later to chat with your good friend Marrdro?
    Whats up.

;D
    nah, same shift.
    had a few days off here and there.
    plus the season is getting closer so theres more to talk about.
    which means more trouble for me to start.
    i'm getting pumped though.
    besides all the injuries.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789