Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    PurpleGator is offline Hall of Famer

Re: I won't be upset at all if the Vikings lose thier next 3 games

"Nephilim" wrote:
    I think we can get the playoffs and go 3-0 finish 10-6 which would be sweet...get a wild card birth and keep building.
    We only started rebuilding when Childress needed an excuse why we were losing.

What about now? Has Childress said WOW we are 7-6 and we are in the rebuilding mode.
    Wait until next year we will be 16-0.

purplepowered is offline Pro-Bowler

"Eyedea" wrote:
    Anyone else feel this way?

Comming into the season I predicted a 4-6 win team, with little hopes for anything more.
    I understood that this was a rebuilding year with Jackson, and the other young players on offense.
    So, now with 7 wins and serious hopes for the playoffs, they have already exceeded my expectations.
    They have shown that they have
    a very bright future and that is all I wanted to see from this team this year.
    What ever they do from now is just gravey.

That being said, I will be rooting for them to win out and make the playoffs.
    Even if they don't go anywhere in the playoffs, I think it will be very important for this team to finish out the season strong and have Jackson and the other young players to experience playoff football in a tough place to play (such as Seattle or Tampa Bay).

I disagree I think we are right where we should be and should be winning the last
    but maybe 1 game if any. This team has a lot of talent. And I know that the coach dont want to rush Rice in to much and to hurried but Man this kid has the hot hand and I know he can take more even tho he is a little raw. Its how things get done. Use it He knows where he is on the field most of the time.
    Lets just keep the momentim up and not just rest and I know u are happy but I am never happy til I see that ring in hand. I know good luck with Brady and manning taking over in the AFC right now. but hey the favre should be gone soon. with any luck. Good point tho some people did think as a rebuilding unit we are pretty good right now. I just feel a little different about it.
    I am THE #1 Sidney Rice #18 Fan ever! Don't Be surprised when this kid IS a superstar! He is humble, smart, tough, talented and has alot of character! Takes alot of pride in his work, team, fans and life. Watch out for this kid! I think he is awesome! Everytime he touches the ball its MAGIC!

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

I said before the season that I would be happy with a 9-7 season, and that was not beyond our expectations. But I have to admit that as the season wore on I certainly didn't expect us to reach that mark. Now we have a chance to go 10-6. As I said earlier, 9-7 would be great with me and I think most people here agreed that anything better than last season's 6-10 would be a move in the right direction.

I still stick to my 9-7 prediction. But I also think that 9-7 record will get us into the playoffs.
    I don't know what it is but I have this terrible feeling we are going to lose to Chicago. Then we will beat Washington and Denver and still make the playoffs.
    That would be finishing on a strong note and looking good for next year.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

I was expecting, at max, a 6 win season. To be ending the season with a run like this, play off possibilities is awesome! Wouldnt complain if we lost the next three but just cant see us losing if we keep improving!

With some of the best young players in the league, we might not be in the big show just yet but a future appearance may wel be on the cards!
    "A head coach needs 3 things. A good wife, a loyal dog and a helluva Quaterback!" John Gruden

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    I said before the season that I would be happy with a 9-7 season, and that was not beyond our expectations. But I have to admit that as the season wore on I certainly didn't expect us to reach that mark. Now we have a chance to go 10-6. As I said earlier, 9-7 would be great with me and I think most people here agreed that anything better than last season's 6-10 would be a move in the right direction.

I still stick to my 9-7 prediction. But I also think that 9-7 record will get us into the playoffs.
    I don't know what it is but I have this terrible feeling we are going to lose to Chicago. Then we will beat Washington and Denver and still make the playoffs.
    I really can't judge the season by our win lose record alone. 9-7 is ok, but it makes a big difference lets say if the Vikes had started the season 9-0 & finished 0-7 than it would be had they started 0-9 & finished 7-0.

Continual progress & improvement is what I wanted to see, not 2 steps forward & then 3 steps back.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"singersp" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:

I really can't judge the season by our win lose record alone. 9-7 is ok, but it makes a big difference lets say if the Vikes had started the season 9-0 & finished 0-7 than it would be had they started 0-9 & finished 7-0.

Continual progress & improvement is what I wanted to see, not 2 steps forward & then 3 steps back.
    Very true Singer. But even if we would lose to the Bears and then won out it would not be a bad finish nor a bad season.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:

Very true Singer. But even if we would lose to the Bears and then won out it would not be a bad finish nor a bad season.
    No it wouldn't. The boys have shown improvement as the year progressed. They are finishing strong as it should be & finishing the rest of the regular season 2-1 would be just fine with me.

After that, I just want to see them to beat GB in Lambeau in the playoffs.........again.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

After that, I just want to see them to beat GB in Lambeau in the playoffs...... ...again.
    Wink
    That would be the SWEETEST thing EVER!
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

We all want the Vikings to at least be competitive in these last three games.
    We want TJack to step up and win a game for us in the final two minutes.
    We want AD to break the Vikings single season rushing record and Dwight Smith to be clean the rest of the year without a suspension.
    We want all the questions about our favorite team to be answered.

What we need is for the Vikings to win out against these average teams to make us really happy.
    We are going to the playoffs this year!
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

I was expecting quite a bit less, but if we drop the last 3 or 2 of the last three, I will be very upset.

This team has shown that it has the potential to be very good, and to drop a 2 out of 3 in a playoff race would be unacceptable to me, unless the games are very, very close.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast