Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

Re: I won't be upset at all if the Vikings lose thier next 3 games

I think we can get the playoffs and go 3-0 finish 10-6 which would be sweet...get a wild card birth and keep building.

Eyedea is offline Pro-Bowler

I understand that the topic was a very strong statement, probably even too strong.
    But I did it to get attention.

The main purpose of this thread was for people not get too angry if the team doesn't make the playoffs.
    We could go 2-1 the rest of the way and still miss the playoffs.
    We could go 0-3 and miss, too.
    I have a feeling that if we don't make the playoffs, people here will panick and say stuff like "Childress has to go, we had the wildcard lead and he let is slip away".
    Someone here even said "Missing the playoffs would be unacceptable".
    I hope we do win out and make the playoffs, but I won't get too upset if they don't.
    Remember to look at the big picture.
    This team won atleast 7 games in a year that people thought we would be battling for a top 5 pick!
    Don't judge the entire season on these last three games.
    Make love to the present, fuck the past
    --Sage Francis

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

I would be upset if the Vikes lost the last three games. I just hope we can keep this streak going. It would be nice to finish strong for once.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"Eyedea" wrote:
    I understand that the topic was a very strong statement, probably even too strong.

The main purpose of this thread was for people not get too angry if the team doesn't make the playoffs.
    I have a feeling that if we don't make the playoffs, people here will panick and say stuff like "Childress has to go, we had the wildcard lead and he let is slip away".
    I hope we do win out and make the playoffs, but I won't get too upset if they don't.
    This team won atleast 7 games in a year that people thought we would be battling for a top 5 pick!

True, I was more perturbed by the topic subject...and you did get my attention.

Suffice to say, I got your point, but at 7-6 (and with our remaining schedule), and 4 teams at 6-7, I would be upset if missed the playoffs because we lost 2 or 3 of our last 3 games.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"Eyedea" wrote:

1. We are playing bargain basement teams. If we lose to one of them, we certainly don't deserve to go to the playoffs.
    2. I'm not going to panic if we go 8-8, I will if we go 7-9. Will I call for Chiller's head? No, but I will call for a stud WR, solid backup QB, better secondary play, etc. All are things which are pretty obvious needs. A young 10-6 team that won 7 in a row shows lots of promise and requires very little change. A young 7-9 team that lost 3 in a row to end the season has a lot of questions that needs to be answered.
    3. When considering our current streak, improved play, and who we are playing, it is pretty pathetic if we miss the playoffs. Just like when we went 9-7 and lost to the Cardinals on a last second play to miss the playoffs. Did anyone care that we were 9-7 after that happened? Nope, because we lost to a shitty team and ended the season on a shitty note.
    4. I'm not judging the entire season on the last three games, I'm judging the last three games on the last three games. I expect us to win the next three games. Thus, if we don't I'll be very disappointed.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Eyedea" wrote:
    Anyone else feel this way?

Comming into the season I predicted a 4-6 win team, with little hopes for anything more.
    I understood that this was a rebuilding year with Jackson, and the other young players on offense.
    So, now with 7 wins and serious hopes for the playoffs, they have already exceeded my expectations.
    They have shown that they have
    a very bright future and that is all I wanted to see from this team this year.
    What ever they do from now is just gravey.

That being said, I will be rooting for them to win out and make the playoffs.
    Even if they don't go anywhere in the playoffs, I think it will be very important for this team to finish out the season strong and have Jackson and the other young players to experience playoff football in a tough place to play (such as Seattle or Tampa Bay).
    I would be upset. If the season was over today, that's one thing, but to lose out the remainder of the games would show regression, rather than progress.

What I wanted to see this year was progress, not perfection & we have done that so far. The last thing we need to do is get complacent, be satisfied with what we have done & not try to improve any further.

It would be like taking 1 step forward & 2 steps back. That IMO, is unsatisfactory. Especially looking at the rest of our schedule.

How many of you were satisfied when we went 6-0 under Tice in his 2nd year & finished the season 3-7?

You need to finish the season strong so you can build on that next season, not finish weak & have to work & focus on what went wrong those last 3 games next season.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"VikingMike" wrote:
    "Eyedea" wrote:

True, I was more perturbed by the topic subject...and you did get my attention.

Suffice to say, I got your point, but at 7-6 (and with our remaining schedule), and 4 teams at 6-7, I would be upset if missed the playoffs because we lost 2 or 3 of our last 3 games.
    We could go 2-1 and still miss the playoffs.
    If we lose to the Redskins we would be 9-7 and if they win out they would also be 9-7.
    Since they beat us, they would have the tie breaker.
    --Sage Francis

Lef
    Lef is offline Waterboy

Who cares what people were saying pre-season?
    Pre-season and everything that has occured this season are now history.

Do you think the Pats fans will celebrate beating the Jets by saying "Well, we'd have been delighted with 14 wins before the season began so I don't care if we lose to the Dolphins and the Giants and go out in the first round of the playoffs"?

Quit celebrating mediocrity!
    It sounds like some people are just cushioning the landing for a fall.

For me to not be upset at all, as the thread indicates, we would have to finish 10-6 and win our first playoff game and look at least competitive in the second. However, I would be satisfied, not happy, if we finished making the playoffs and going out in the first round.
    Wait, if there's cat food in this bag............................
    I HAVE TO CHECK ON JOLLY!!!!

"Lef" wrote:
    Who cares what people were saying pre-season?
    Pre-season and everything that has occured this season are now history.

Do you think the Pats fans will celebrate beating the Jets by saying "Well, we'd have been delighted with 14 wins before the season began so I don't care if we lose to the Dolphins and the Giants and go out in the first round of the playoffs"?
    Your Patriot example is flawed.
    Thier goals comming into the year was not beat the Jets by 14, but to compete for the super bowl.

My goals for the Vikings was the show improvement and find out if Childress is leading this team in the right direction.
    Through 13 games, I feel that they have already suceeded thier goals.
    No matter what they do the rest of the year, I feel this year was successful and this team has a strong future under Childress.
    If they win out and win the super bowl or lose thier next 3 games, I will look back at this year and consider it a successful year.

If you disagree with me, what were your expectations comming into the year?
    Did you seriously expect them to compete for a playoff spot and if they don't consider the entire year a failure?
    --Sage Francis

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast