Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Eyedea is offline Pro-Bowler

I won't be upset at all if the Vikings lose thier next 3 games

Anyone else feel this way?

Comming into the season I predicted a 4-6 win team, with little hopes for anything more.
    I understood that this was a rebuilding year with Jackson, and the other young players on offense.
    So, now with 7 wins and serious hopes for the playoffs, they have already exceeded my expectations.
    They have shown that they have
    a very bright future and that is all I wanted to see from this team this year.
    What ever they do from now is just gravey.

That being said, I will be rooting for them to win out and make the playoffs.
    Even if they don't go anywhere in the playoffs, I think it will be very important for this team to finish out the season strong and have Jackson and the other young players to experience playoff football in a tough place to play (such as Seattle or Tampa Bay).
    Make love to the present, fuck the past
    --Sage Francis

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

Re: I won't be upset at all if the Vikings lose thier next 3 games

Got to finish strong. The momentum and experience our players have right now should hopefully carry over to next season.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

You my friend have just moved up 2 columns on the ole spread sheet my friend.
    With that said you know were I stand on this.
    ;D

Excellent post
    my friend, excellent post indeed.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"Eyedea" wrote:

Comming into the season I predicted a 4-6 win team, with little hopes for anything more.
    I understood that this was a rebuilding year with Jackson, and the other young players on offense.
    So, now with 7 wins and serious hopes for the playoffs, they have already exceeded my expectations.

Even if they don't go anywhere in the playoffs, I think it will be very important for this team to finish out the season strong and have Jackson and the other young players to experience playoff football in a tough place to play (such as Seattle or Tampa Bay).
    If they have to finish strong doesn't that mean that you will be upset if they lose out? I will. That would be a huge step backwards and would take away all the momentum we have built up over the last 4 weeks.

huxx is offline Pro-Bowler

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Eyedea" wrote:

If they have to finish strong doesn't that mean that you will be upset if they lose out? I will. That would be a huge step backwards and would take away all the momentum we have built up over the last 4 weeks.
    Agreed.
    I thought that they'd win 4 unless TJack could perform...he has and AP and CT have been amazing, so here we are.
    My hopes were low before, now we're surprising everyone, so my hopes are up.
    I'd be disappointed with not making it....not totally surprised, but disappointed nonetheless.

Eyedea is offline Pro-Bowler

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Eyedea" wrote:

What I would have told you that they would finish the year 7-9.
    Peterson would the the rookie of the year.
    We lead the league in rushing and in stopping the run.
    Jackson showed that he can be a starting quarterback in this league.
    Rookies such as Rice, McCauly, Robson, and Allison played alot and made plays, showing they can play in this league.
    If I told you that before the year, would you take it and consider it a sucess?
    For me, I would take it in a heartbeat.

I think eveyone agrees that it would be better if we won out than lost out, but I think this team has shown me enough to consider this year a success.
    Make love to the present, fuck the past
    --Sage Francis

Lef
    Lef is offline Waterboy

I'd be very disappointed because I believe we should beat Chicago and Washington at home, and I believe we should win at the Broncos because they won't have as much to play for.

If we are going to take one game at a time, as many people are advocating, then we shouldn't be happy with losing each game individually.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"Eyedea" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Eyedea" wrote:

What I would have told you that they would finish the year 7-9.
    Peterson would the the rookie of the year.
    We lead the league in rushing and in stopping the run.
    Jackson showed that he can be a starting quarterback in this league.
    Rookies such as Rice, McCauly, Robson, and Allison played alot and made plays, showing they can play in this league.
    If I told you that before the year, would you take it and consider it a sucess?
    For me, I would take it in a heartbeat.

I think eveyone agrees that it would be better if we won out than lost out, but I think this team has shown me enough to consider this year a success.
    If we lose the next 3, it will be because AD stopped being ROY, Jackson suffered more growing pains to end the year, and the play of our young rookies regressed as they played an extra month of football than they are used to. We were good at running and stopping the run last year, it got us nowhere.

Missing the playoffs in unacceptable. I would not have said that to start the year, but you have to consider the situation that you are in now. I applaud you for sticking to year preseason convictions, and the Vikes have exceeded almost everyone's expectations up to this point, but now that we have improved, we might as well take the next step at all.

It would be awesome to get some playoff experience for Jackson, Peterson, Cook, Griffin, McCauley, Edwards, Robison, Greenway etc.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Your all standard changers.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"Eyedea" wrote:

I see your point about the total number of wins and exceeding expectations, but at this time of the season with 3 remaining games and already with 7 wins, I would definitely be upset if we ended the year 7-9 with 3 losses to finish it. I always look for momentum to carry over to the next season...something to build on. I'm sure it would leave a bad taste if we lost the last 3 games.

That said, with the balance of the schedule and the way we are playing, I would be upset with anything less than 9-7 and the strong chance of a playoff berth. Achieving that, I would feel we had a "good" season to build upon.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast