Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired

i wasnt aware......?

"XTAP59" wrote:
    Shaw, IMO, is an average journeyman at his position.
    I believe with Winfield out, the Vikes will need to make huge adjustments. For one, more pressure on the QB. Yea, I know, easier said than done but why not send the blitz on every play? God knows we cannot cover receivers longer than two seconds. if we get to the QB, we won't have to cover as long.
    BLITZ, BLITZ, BLITZ....
    Bad idea. Blitzes are easily broken up - dump offs to the TE or HB floating out of the backfield are two of the most common. By blitzing all the time we are conceeding the short yardage stuff on every down - and that will kill us.

Instead, we need our guys to play to their potential, and our DC to actually have a clue as to what scheme to call...

...I'm asking a lot, aren't I...

Caine

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

i wasnt aware......?

and our DC to actually have a clue as to what scheme to call...
    A whole lot all things considered. :roll:

WWBGD

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

i wasnt aware......?

"vikes can do" wrote:
    37 lurkers out there and no posts!!!!! everyone afraid to say anything about our newest starting cornerback? whats a matta? chicken? lol! jj. obviously everyone thinks he is going to fail. i dont think so. just remember, i have seen #26 getting burned badly. i dont think 26 is a bad corner, quite the contrary. and i think that #25 will do ok. rice and jackson...not going to be easy.
    WTF?

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

i wasnt aware......?

yea, there was one or two times he got burned, ok maybe not BADLY but i remember seeing #26 with his back turned and has gotten beat for a TD. and i have seen him miss a couple of tackles too. but i am not knocking AW. but all corners take their knocks.

i wasnt aware......?

"vikingstw" wrote:
    "vikes can do" wrote:
    37 lurkers out there and no posts!!!!! everyone afraid to say anything about our newest starting cornerback? whats a matta? chicken? lol! jj. obviously everyone thinks he is going to fail. i dont think so. just remember, i have seen #26 getting burned badly. i dont think 26 is a bad corner, quite the contrary. and i think that #25 will do ok. rice and jackson...not going to be easy.
    WTF?
    bad choice of words...forgive me?

HarrisonB57 is offline Starter

i wasnt aware......?

"Caine" wrote:
    Bad idea. Blitzes are easily broken up - dump offs to the TE or HB floating out of the backfield are two of the most common. By blitzing all the time we are conceeding the short yardage stuff on every down - and that will kill us.

Instead, we need our guys to play to their potential, and our DC to actually have a clue as to what scheme to call...
    All that stuff already happens with our backers in coverage. And when we blitzed the Bears, it seemed to work. I also noticed when the linemen stunted, they were sucessful. Just hope Cottrell notices.
    Live by the Slacker Rule. No Hurries, No Worries.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Re: i wasnt aware......?

"vikes can do" wrote:
    that terrance shaw has been in the league for 10 years. i thought the name was familiar but couldnt place him. well since he is starting and no one has mentioned his name i thought i would do a search. he played with the raiders, chargers, and fins and pats. anyone have any inside info on him? he should be able to fill in adequately.....hopefully help the vikes make the playoff push. CMON DUDE!!!! VIKING NATION NEEDS YOU!!!! lol
    (trying to fire myself and anybody who will listen(read) up)

I thought derek ross was gonna start in place of winfield?

Terence shaw is a much better coverage CB that denard walker was. He is much more aggressive.
    I don't feel doomed with winfield out and ross and shaw in there, like most people do. Ross had a couple of slips last week, due to bad footing on the grass, that made him look bad, but other than that he wasn't bad. Although it was against the bears. He has a ton of talent and is healthy now, so now is his time to step up and shine. Look at the patriots, they get an injury and a guy steps in and steps up. Lets see if we can do that.

i wasnt aware......?

if i got it right in tice PC he said that shaw would start and ross would play nickel back. tice said some interesting things as far as the lack of preparation of their part last week. vikings.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12