Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 45
  1. #1
    vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,993

    I was very optomistic about the 2008 season until.

    I watched Tavaris Jackson today at camp.
    If you cannot complete a 7 yard out with no rush what is going to happen when there are a some crazy D lineman coming in on you.
    Jackson stunk at the morning practice today, plain and simple.
    Was it just a bad day, or a sign of things to come?


    On a positive note, Shiancoe, looked great today catching passes from Bollinger, Frerotte, and Booty.
    I dogged him alot in the past, but he looked great in practice today.

    Other notables, Ferguson looked good as did Sidney Rice.
    Number 82, dont know his name was catching balls, which was a welcome change.

    The highlight of the day was Hutch screaming at someone on the defense, and I quote, " Get off the field punk!".


  2. #2
    Vikes_King's Avatar
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,104

    Re: I was very optomistic about the 2008 season until.

    "vikingivan" wrote:
    I watched Tavaris Jackson today at camp.
    If you cannot complete a 7 yard out with no rush what is going to happen when there are a some crazy D lineman coming in on you.
    Jackson stunk at the morning practice today, plain and simple.
    Was it just a bad day, or a sign of things to come?


    On a positive note, Shiancoe, looked great today catching passes from Bollinger, Frerotte, and Booty.
    I dogged him alot in the past, but he looked great in practice today.

    Other notables, Ferguson looked good as did Sidney Rice.
    Number 82, dont know his name was catching balls, which was a welcome change.

    The highlight of the day was Hutch screaming at someone on the defense, and I quote, " Get off the field punk!".

    I didn't go to the morning practice, but I did hit up the afternoon practice.
    T-Jack looked fine in the afternoon practice, and Shiancoe still looked good.

    #82 is Darius Reynaud


    http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

    "We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

    - Dan Calabrese

  3. #3
    hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,412

    Re: I was very optomistic about the 2008 season until.

    i dont like the way that t-jack keeps making those errant throws off his back foot whilel looking like he is taking a jumpshot in basketball. he needs to cut that cr** out now. >
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a


  4. #4
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,605
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: I was very optomistic about the 2008 season until.

    "hawaiianvike21" wrote:
    i dont like the way that t-jack keeps making those errant throws off his back foot whilel looking like he is taking a jumpshot in basketball. he needs to cut that cr** out now. >
    Were you at camp today?
    You are the first person I have heard that said that TJack is throwing off from his back foot... Hope it isn't continuing.

    All in all I have heard mostly good stuff from camp.
    I listened to the morning practice on KFAN, and from what I heard TJack only had a couple of misses, although they said that he was holding the ball too long in the morning.
    Afternoon, again from KFAN, sounded better.

    Keep in mind that the offense normally takes a little while to get their timing down every training camp.
    Even back in the Culpepper and Moss glory days, the defense usually got the better of them for the first week, and then the offense would come into its own.
    I wouldn't make too much out of the first day of contact practice.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  5. #5
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,605
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: I was very optomistic about the 2008 season until.

    BTW, for the people who were there, I hear that AD is working in pass protection situations more.
    See any improvement?
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  6. #6
    vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,993

    Re: I was very optomistic about the 2008 season until.

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "hawaiianvike21" wrote:
    i dont like the way that t-jack keeps making those errant throws off his back foot whilel looking like he is taking a jumpshot in basketball. he needs to cut that cr** out now. >
    Were you at camp today?
    You are the first person I have heard that said that TJack is throwing off from his back foot... Hope it isn't continuing.

    All in all I have heard mostly good stuff from camp.
    I listened to the morning practice on KFAN, and from what I heard TJack only had a couple of misses, although they said that he was holding the ball too long in the morning.
    Afternoon, again from KFAN, sounded better.

    Keep in mind that the offense normally takes a little while to get their timing down every training camp.
    Even back in the Culpepper and Moss glory days, the defense usually got the better of them for the first week, and then the offense would come into its own.
    I wouldn't make too much out of the first day of contact practice.

    He looked terrible in the morning practice, and yes he was throwing off his back foot.
    He did slip a few times, they had a quite a bit of rain down there last night.

  7. #7
    vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,993

    Re: I was very optomistic about the 2008 season until.

    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "vikingivan" wrote:
    I watched Tavaris Jackson today at camp.
    If you cannot complete a 7 yard out with no rush what is going to happen when there are a some crazy D lineman coming in on you.
    Jackson stunk at the morning practice today, plain and simple.
    Was it just a bad day, or a sign of things to come?



    On a positive note, Shiancoe, looked great today catching passes from Bollinger, Frerotte, and Booty.
    I dogged him alot in the past, but he looked great in practice today.

    Other notables, Ferguson looked good as did Sidney Rice.

    Number 82, dont know his name was catching balls, which was a welcome change.

    The highlight of the day was Hutch screaming at someone on the defense, and I quote, " Get off the field punk!".

    I didn't go to the morning practice, but I did hit up the afternoon practice.
    T-Jack looked fine in the afternoon practice, and Shiancoe still looked good.

    #82 is Darius Reynaud
    #82 wont make the team, what a shame.
    He looked alot better than Williamson.

  8. #8
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,605
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: I was very optomistic about the 2008 season until.

    Strib is reporting that Berrian caught two long bombs in the afternoon practice, one of them that hit him in stride over Winfield and went for about 60 yards.
    I assume it was TJack throwing them since first team offense was together all day.
    Can anyone verify?
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  9. #9
    Vikes_King's Avatar
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,104

    Re: I was very optomistic about the 2008 season until.

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Strib is reporting that Berrian caught two long bombs in the afternoon practice, one of them that hit him in stride over Winfield and went for about 60 yards.
    I assume it was TJack throwing them since first team offense was together all day.
    Can anyone verify?
    Read my post, Vikes_King's Training Camp Adventures, I updated it from todays afternoon practice.

    And yes, the one of the two big bombs i saw was from T-Jack to Berrian, perfectly in stride, i couldn't tell what yard line they started on, but he stopped running when they blew the whistle, since no one was with in 10 yards of him.
    In a game that would have been a 60-80 yard TD


    http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

    "We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

    - Dan Calabrese

  10. #10
    hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,412

    Re: I was very optomistic about the 2008 season until.

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "hawaiianvike21" wrote:
    i dont like the way that t-jack keeps making those errant throws off his back foot whilel looking like he is taking a jumpshot in basketball. he needs to cut that cr** out now. >
    Were you at camp today?
    You are the first person I have heard that said that TJack is throwing off from his back foot... Hope it isn't continuing.

    All in all I have heard mostly good stuff from camp.
    I listened to the morning practice on KFAN, and from what I heard TJack only had a couple of misses, although they said that he was holding the ball too long in the morning.
    Afternoon, again from KFAN, sounded better.

    Keep in mind that the offense normally takes a little while to get their timing down every training camp.
    Even back in the Culpepper and Moss glory days, the defense usually got the better of them for the first week, and then the offense would come into its own.
    I wouldn't make too much out of the first day of contact practice.
    no i wasnt, but i heard about it and saw one picture of it. forget where.

    and its sad to see it since you think the coaches would rip his helmet off everytim he did that since it usually became a turnover. see
    last years redskins game.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a


Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Predicting the 2008 NFL season
    By marstc09 in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-02-2008, 07:29 PM
  2. First no-hitter of season of 2008
    By marstc09 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-21-2008, 06:09 PM
  3. My own pre-2008 Season Power Rankings
    By StillPurple in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-25-2008, 09:01 PM
  4. PHoD looks back on the 2008 off season (2008 draft results include)!
    By PurpleHornsOfDestruction in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 02-15-2008, 05:33 AM
  5. STEELERS LOSS WAS A FLUKE! I still remain optomistic
    By Potus2028 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 12-24-2005, 08:12 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •