Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    sharper42 is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: I think That we are going to miss Kluwe

edinger had a great punt within the 10
    our only sure-handed receiver

"gregair13" wrote:
    is there a video of the hit?
    There is a highlight of it on the KSTP site. Scroll down to the video of the win.

http://www.kstp.com/article/7/
    Even babies know the difference.

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

that A$$hole from the lions. i hope we get Kluwe back he is awesome. if not i dont think edinger will stay in as punter its too risky.

Salzy is offline Rookie

Suit up Tice.....He can punt the ball with one leg.....What if Tice took on the Bears by himself?. A healthy Tice? No Tice right now.... Hmmmmmm Tice 72 Bears 3..... Da Vikes!!!!!
    The Cheat is grounded!

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

We definetly need Kluwe. I hope he doesnt have Mewelde Moore-like ankles.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Just finished reading, Kluwe said he will be ready for the Rams game, but at the same time, Tice said they may bring in Bennet for the game..

I thought Edinger did a fine job for someone who was put into the fire...

He is for sure a clutch player, and the kick to the 7 yard line was awesome for us....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Paulbedy59 is offline Coordinator

That happens all the time.Guys taking a bad angle and running into the kicker.I,m just glad he appears to be okay.
    If winning isn,t everything,why keep score?

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=18px]Getting no sympathy, Kluwe calls hit by Fox a 'cheap shot'[/size]

The Vikings' rookie punter was carted off the field after a roughing-the -kicker penalty left him with a sprained ankle.

http://www.startribune.com/stories/510/5763259.html

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

SWAYZE74 is offline Starter

"gregair13" wrote:
    good thing its only a sprain. he can take a week to rest against the rams but we will need him against the steelers.
    hehe...i didnt think that punters actually did anything at practice... :lol: on a positive im glad to hear it aint serious...

peace...
    peace...

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Posted on Mon, Dec. 05, 2005

[size=18px]Not so special day for Kluwe[/size]

BY DON SEEHOLZER
    Pioneer Press

DETROIT — Sunday was a forgettable game for the Vikings' special teams and especially punter Chris Kluwe, who by the end of the day didn't have a leg to stand on.

Kluwe jammed his right knee during the second quarter of the Vikings' 21-16 win over Detroit, and he had to be carted off the field with three seconds left in the third period after being roughed by Lions safety Vernon Fox.

"Personally, I think it was a cheap shot," said Kluwe, who suffered a sprained left ankle on the play. "First off, he didn't even dive across. He dove straight at me, so what can I do? I'm in a vulnerable position. If a guy's going to do that, there's nothing I can do about it. I just thought it kind of (stunk)."

Kluwe didn't get any sympathy from Fox or from coach Mike Tice, who said the punter was making so much noise, "He could have had a concert out there."

Tice said the Vikings always could bring back punter Darren Bennett if Kluwe has to miss some time, but initial X-rays on the ankle were negative, and the rookie showed no damage that he would be able to punt this week against St. Louis.

"I was kind of worried about it because I felt it pop. So I didn't know if it was sprained or broken," he said. "The good thing is, since it's my plant leg, all I've got to do is walk straight forward on it. If they can just tape it up real well, hopefully that should cover it."

With Kluwe out, kicker Paul Edinger pulled double duty during the final quarter, averaging 37.5 yards on two punts, including one 40-yard pooch kick that he rolled out of bounds at the Lions' 7-yard line.

Those were the first NFL punts from punt formation for Edinger, who had a 34-yard punt on a fake field goal in a 2001 game against Cleveland for Chicago. He was Michigan State's regular punter for his first two college seasons.

Edinger joked that his punts were so bad that Lions return man Eddie Drummond couldn't catch them, and he added Kluwe could have the punting job back any time.

"Oh, yeah. It's all his," Edinger said. "He's a lot better at it."

Edinger also gave credit to long snapper Cullen Loeffler, who hit him in the stomach with both snaps after sailing one over Kluwe's head in the second quarter.

Kluwe ran the ball down and managed to get off a 38-yard punt on the run, but he came down awkwardly on his right knee on the play and had to go right back on the field after the Vikings were called for being illegally downfield.

Kluwe said he kicked the ground on his next punt, which traveled just 37 yards and was returned 38 to the Minnesota 18 by Drummond, setting up a Jason Hanson field goal that cut the Vikings' lead to 14-6 at the half.

That was one of two big returns on the day for Drummond, whose 34-yard return of the opening kickoff set up another Hanson field goal and left Vikings special teams coordinator Rusty Tillman visibly upset.

"I felt like we got whipped today on special teams," Tillman said. "Today, we got whipped, period. … Every time we punted the ball, it seemed like it was coming back on us. Not good."

Don Seeholzer can be reached at [email protected]

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast