Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Re: I smell a trade.......

"Prophet" wrote:
    I'm adding fuel to the gasoline storage tank.
    I have no idea why.
    I hate this thread.

================================================== =====

KFFL
    Buccaneers | Team may receive phone calls about excess WRs
    Mon, 21 Aug 2006 05:47:21 -0700

The St. Petersburg Times reports the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have a plethora of wide receivers, and that likely will spark the interest of teams looking to add depth at the position. "Certain teams call you to see what you think about this, or you call them to see what they think," head coach Jon Gruden said. "That's part of your job. I don't want to start any speculation because that's all it is. But every team in this league engages in those conversations, trying to improve their football team." Midway through the preseason, it doesn't appear that the decisions at receiver have gotten any easier. "It will be a tough call for us," Gruden said. "I just hope all of it works out for all of these guys." WRs Edell Shepherd, David Boston and Paris Warren are reportedly on the roster bubble.

I don't see any names on that list that are better the the # 1, 2, or 3 that we have.

I was kind of hoping that after the Pitt game people would realize that the receivers we have can get the job done, I hope the Vikes stand pat and go into the season with Troy, Travis and Marcus as our top 3 guys, and see how they do.
    I don't want to see the Vikes trade for mid level talent, and give up draft picks for guys that aren't any better than the guys we already have.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Prophet Guest

"whackthepack" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    I'm adding fuel to the gasoline storage tank.
    I have no idea why.
    I hate this thread.

================================================== =====

KFFL
    Buccaneers | Team may receive phone calls about excess WRs
    Mon, 21 Aug 2006 05:47:21 -0700

The St. Petersburg Times reports the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have a plethora of wide receivers, and that likely will spark the interest of teams looking to add depth at the position. "Certain teams call you to see what you think about this, or you call them to see what they think," head coach Jon Gruden said. "That's part of your job. I don't want to start any speculation because that's all it is. But every team in this league engages in those conversations, trying to improve their football team." Midway through the preseason, it doesn't appear that the decisions at receiver have gotten any easier. "It will be a tough call for us," Gruden said. "I just hope all of it works out for all of these guys." WRs Edell Shepherd, David Boston and Paris Warren are reportedly on the roster bubble.

I don't see any names on that list that are better the the # 1, 2, or 3 that we have.

I was kind of hoping that after the Pitt game people would realize that the receivers we have can get the job done, I hope the Vikes stand pat and go into the season with Troy, Travis and Marcus as our top 3 guys, and see how they do.
    I don't want to see the Vikes trade for mid level talent, and give up draft picks for guys that aren't any better than the guys we already have.
    Agree.

PacNWVike is offline Team Alumni

[/quote]Opinions of teenagers are ALWAYS defensible.
    Having 2 teenage daughters, I know this for fact.
    Teenagers operate under the "Don't confuse me with the facts, my mind is made up" principle.

Caine
    [/quote]

Good point Caine!
    But don't forget their favorite cry...
    "It's not my fault!!!"
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    Edmund Burke

thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer

I think we will b just fine at reciever.Dont forget
    that travis taylor has more than 50 catches last year marcus robinson haulen in 7or 8 touchdowns (i dont remember) two year ago and another 5 last year wiggins
    will most likely haul in another 70 passes and troy williamson should have a decent year.Put all those together and throw in chester taylor out of the backfield and u have ur 20-25 touchdowns that brad johnson usually throws for in
    a season

Del Rio Guest

Didnt we sign Dez White.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"Del" wrote:
    Didnt we sign Dez White.

He is gone.. They cut him before preseason began..

Del Rio Guest

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    Didnt we sign Dez White.

He is gone.. They cut him before preseason began..
    Poor Dez White. I must have blinked through that.
    What's funny is the PPO News on my toolbar said there was one new story last night. When I clicked on it, it said we had signed Dez White.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112