Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    dopenose420 is offline Rookie

Re: I see Williamson as the #1

"Specialized" wrote:
    Ok people people the bottom line is Troy Williamson is the best reciever on our team. He will develop into one of the best in the league so why not put him at number 1 so he develops faster.
    thank god your not our coach.

making troy #1 would kill any chance this kid has to be our #1. he is not the best wr on the team right now, the kid is RAW. he played in a run first offense so he has alot to learn about the little nuances of the nfl. troy won't be more than our #3 and even maybe #4 this year.

and why make troy our #1 when randy wasn't even our #1 his rookie year? troy will be used like randy was his rookie year "ok troy when i say hike, you run as fast as you can to the endzone"

i'm not expecting more than about 40-50 catches and about 700-800 yards with 5-10 tds. and to me, thats a damn good rookie wr.

even if he doesn't put up those numbers i fully believe williamson will have the highest ypc in the league.
    [b:4b97d41fa6]Hey Green Bay...[/b:4b97d41fa6]
    [img:4b97d41fa6]http://webpages.charter.net/jferrell/w.gif[/img:4b97d41fa6]

Del Rio Guest

With how shakey our Wide recievers are I would not be surprised at all if he became our #1 by the end of the season. It all depends on him really. No doubt he will be in almost every play. You do not draft a #7 so he can ride the pine. And Burleson although he had a good year the pressure is on him to repeat. Personally I do not like Burleson as a #1 but we will see.

As far as stats. On our team it will be hard for anyone to get over 1,000. The way Culpepper spreads the ball around you have a lot of players with a lot of yards. But stats are pointless anyway.

If Culpepper makes a connection with Williamson over the other guys then he will be our #1. When ....who knows....but he will be on the field every play. #1,#2,#3 it is up to him.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

It won't really matter as long as SOMEONE is open on every pass play...whether he catches the ball or someone else does, the main thing is that if his just being on the field opens it up for the others or vice versa, it will be ALL GOOD! The main thing is for Daunte to have a repeat (or better) than last year...then he wins the MVP hands down, both for a great season AND for winning the Super Bowl!!!

GO VIKINGS!!!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

chippewavike is offline Rookie

No way we give him #1, Burleson gets it, Williamson can't even run a route correctly how would we give him #1

Del Rio Guest

No one gives anyone anything. They earn it. Frankly no one here knows who is willing to put forth what effort.

It is not a gift it is a reward. There is no rule saying oh you are new you don't get #1. If he can step up his game and do what he needs to he definatley has the ability to be #1.

Just as much ability as Burleson who had one great year and is now the messiah.

Lundar is offline Waterboy

I got a guy that I can't convice Troy Williamson was a good pick. Does anyone still have that highlight video link? Thanks!

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

I havent watched any of this video(yawn), but I want to know before I spend my time looking at it is there any of that footage showing him going up against Antrell Rolle or Justin Miller?
    I might watch it if he has plenty of highlights against them. How will this kid do vs. the best of the best?

Del Rio Guest

He will practice againts Smoot, Winfield, Sharper, and Williams. Not sure if it could get any better then that.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Del Rio" wrote:
    He will practice againts Smoot, Winfield, Sharper, and Williams. Not sure if it could get any better then that.
    True dat!!! :grin:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

he practiced with Dunta Robinson also for a couple years while they were both there

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast