Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

Re: I need help with vikings tickets

Just my two cents worth.

First, for the Packer game, be prepared to pay double face price. As someone already stated, the Vikings in recent years have forced ticket buyers to buy a ticket for a specified exhibition game for every Packer game ticket they buy. So if you are going to buy two $119 Packer game tickets, you'll have to buy the same seats at the same price for an exhibition game so you'll be out $476 total. On eBay, expect those same $119 tickets to cost you $250+ each or more. If you're willing to try and score tickets on the street before the game (especially at the last minute or even after kickoff), you may save some money, or you may find yourself shut out or spending more. I don't have any personal experience in Minnesota in this regard (especially for the Packers game), but I personally wouldn't travel across the country without tickets in hand.

If you elect to try and buy tickets from the box office/Ticketmaster when they are going on sale, here's a good tip that has worked the last couple of years. Go to KFAN.com and join their fan club. The team has put some of these ticket packages on "early sale" (prior to the official time/date that seats are on sale to the general public) via a link given to KFAN.com fan club members. This is usually like one day before tickets go on sale to the public. From experience, Packer game tickets SELLOUTTHISFAST and if you try to buy them from Ticketmaster.com when they go on sale to the general public, you will probably get shut out. The last couple of years, the Vikings have opened the Ticket Office at the Metrodome one hour before the tickets are allowed to go onsale on Ticketmaster, so my suspicion is that the Packer tickets may already be gone by the time Ticketmaster is allowed to sell anything. Keep in mind that there are so many season tickets sold that only about 4000 tickets go on sale to the public for each game, so all of the good games sell out quickly the day tickets go on sale. So sign up on KFAN and get a jump on everyone.

Expect to pay $100-$150 a night for a hotel in downtown Minneapolis if you want to stay there. There's a lot of great nightlife downtown (if you are young and not an old fart like me). The stadium is maybe a half-mile to mile from downtown proper, really an easy walk if it isn't buttfreakin cold. If you are a little more cost-conscious, you can save money by staying in a hotel near the Mall of America (tons of them, all priced competitively since there are so many). These hotels usually offer free shuttle service back and forth to the airport and the Mall of America. You can catch the light rail from the Mall (or Airport) into downtown or to the Metrodome for cheap. A cab ride from the Airport to downtown (with tip) will probably cost you more than $20.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"singersp" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    We should make the Vikes-Packer home game the PP.O Tailgate Bash again this year...I know that I would like it to be that game.

Anyone know how soon the actual schedule with game dates on it comes out???
    I think the actual dates are published around mid- March, there is a live show on TV showing it - maybe ESPN or NFL Network ?? - at the same time as they are published on NFL.com

Once the dates are out then the big scramble begins trying to work out what game to go to!
    Not for me! I go to them all at the dome! :wink:

Anglo,

I hope I get to meet you at one of the games this year.

I didn't realize you were sitting so close to Shock & Caine at one of the games last year or I would have stopped by to say "Hi".

They never told me! :sad:

Keep us posted on what games you plan on going to.
    normally we aim for a game in late oct/november. However this year neighbours emigrated to Toronto so we may fly there when the Vikes play at the Bills and then come to Minny the following weekend to see the Vikes. However lot can happen betwen now and then so will see and let you all know for sure
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame

I don't care when it is, I'm going to the Washington game! :wink:
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"AngloVike" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    We should make the Vikes-Packer home game the PP.O Tailgate Bash again this year...I know that I would like it to be that game.

I think the actual dates are published around mid- March, there is a live show on TV showing it - maybe ESPN or NFL Network ?? - at the same time as they are published on NFL.com

Once the dates are out then the big scramble begins trying to work out what game to go to !
    Thanks Anglo! Maybe you can schedule it so that you and the missus are at the game where we have the huge PP.O Tailgate Bash Part II!!! :grin:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"purplepat" wrote:
    Just my two cents worth.

First, for the Packer game, be prepared to pay double face price. As someone already stated, the Vikings in recent years have forced ticket buyers to buy a ticket for a specified exhibition game for every Packer game ticket they buy. So if you are going to buy two $119 Packer game tickets, you'll have to buy the same seats at the same price for an exhibition game so you'll be out $476 total. On eBay, expect those same $119 tickets to cost you $250+ each or more. If you're willing to try and score tickets on the street before the game (especially at the last minute or even after kickoff), you may save some money, or you may find yourself shut out or spending more. I don't have any personal experience in Minnesota in this regard (especially for the Packers game), but I personally wouldn't travel across the country without tickets in hand.

If you elect to try and buy tickets from the box office/Ticketmaster when they are going on sale, here's a good tip that has worked the last couple of years. Go to KFAN.com and join their fan club. The team has put some of these ticket packages on "early sale" (prior to the official time/date that seats are on sale to the general public) via a link given to KFAN.com fan club members. This is usually like one day before tickets go on sale to the public. From experience, Packer game tickets SELLOUTTHISFAST and if you try to buy them from Ticketmaster.com when they go on sale to the general public, you will probably get shut out. The last couple of years, the Vikings have opened the Ticket Office at the Metrodome one hour before the tickets are allowed to go onsale on Ticketmaster, so my suspicion is that the Packer tickets may already be gone by the time Ticketmaster is allowed to sell anything. Keep in mind that there are so many season tickets sold that only about 4000 tickets go on sale to the public for each game, so all of the good games sell out quickly the day tickets go on sale. So sign up on KFAN and get a jump on everyone.

Expect to pay $100-$150 a night for a hotel in downtown Minneapolis if you want to stay there. There's a lot of great nightlife downtown (if you are young and not an old fart like me). The stadium is maybe a half-mile to mile from downtown proper, really an easy walk if it isn't buttfreakin cold. If you are a little more cost-conscious, you can save money by staying in a hotel near the Mall of America (tons of them, all priced competitively since there are so many). These hotels usually offer free shuttle service back and forth to the airport and the Mall of America. You can catch the light rail from the Mall (or Airport) into downtown or to the Metrodome for cheap. A cab ride from the Airport to downtown (with tip) will probably cost you more than $20.
    Great advice, purplepat! Thanks a bunch!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I've always heard it's not what you know, it's who ya know! How that contributes to this thread is beyond me!! lol

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:

Once the dates are out then the big scramble begins trying to work out what game to go to !
    Thanks Anglo! Maybe you can schedule it so that you and the missus are at the game where we have the huge PP.O Tailgate Bash Part II!!! :grin:
    Well hopefully Cajun and Singer we'll be able to get to the PP.O part this year - fingers crossed !
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

MrGopher16 is offline Hall of Famer

I hope cajun makes it! That said i hope i make it! I've heard wonderful things about his gumbo and i would love to try it sometime!
    ;-)

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"AngloVike" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:

Well hopefully Cajun and Singer we'll be able to get to the PP.O part this year - fingers crossed !
    Oh, I'll be there. You can take that to the bank! Unless I'm dead or hooked up to life support. :grin:

I haven't missed a Vikings home game in 3 years & I'm a season ticket holder.

I was at the PPO party in 2005 as well. As a matter of fact, I was the 1st one there!

I have no doubt Caj will be there as well!

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12