Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19
  1. #1
    SharperImage42's Avatar
    SharperImage42 is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    554

    I need help with vikings tickets

    me and my friend want to fly from LA to Minnie to watch a vikes and packer game next season, weve been plannin for years now, how much wud it be for good tickets? wat wud my expenses look like, ineed a ballpark figure

    SharperImage42

  2. #2
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: I need help with vikings tickets

    Go here:

    http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=18120

  3. #3
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: I need help with vikings tickets

    We should make the Vikes-Packer home game the PP.O Tailgate Bash again this year...I know that I would like it to be that game.

    Anyone know how soon the actual schedule with game dates on it comes out???
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  4. #4
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: I need help with vikings tickets

    The regular seating chart & prices are here & reflect the 2006 price hike;

    http://vikingscmap.atomicplaypen.net/DAM_public/4740.swf

    One option is Ticket master the day they go on sale. If you hesitate, they will be sold out.

    The down side is you will probably have to buy a package which includes a pre-season game so in effect you will be payin g double.

    Your best bet to try & get tickets is eBay, however the price is high on the early selling tickets.

    I wait until closer to the actual game when the price typically drops. I do very well on eBay, but I spend a lot of time in doing so.

    Last year I had 11 tix for that game, the year before I had 31.

    I don't pay much more than face value for the tix I've bought & in many cases I've paid face value or less.

    I have seen people pay 3X - 4X face value depending on when they buy them.

    PM me later in the spring or summer & I can tell you what tix to avoid & a few pointers.

    I've gotten tix for members here before & they've been happy. Depending on how the season goes, I may have that luxury again.

    There are certain people here who get 1st dibs & that I'll already be looking for tix for, for that game.

    There's another broker who may help you, who does get tix for PPO members. You need to contact Webby to get that info.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,185

    Re: I need help with vikings tickets

    Ebay might be your best bet if you don"t wait until the last minute. I also live in L.A., and have been to a couple Viking-Packers games, the best home game to go to in Minnesota every year !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Expences depend on how long you plan to stay,and where. Downtown Minneapolis has quite a few hotels that are in walking distance of the dome. The Crowne Plaza is nice,a little $, or you can stay in Bloomington, there's the Holiday Inn, Microtel Motel, which are not expensive, and are close to the Mall of America, where you can pick up tons of Viking stuff. It's also a short drive to the Twin-Cities. Fly out of LAX, you'll save alot of $.The Southern California Viking Club has members going to games every year, maybe they can help you.(www.scvc.com)
    I ll be dead and cold before I m green and gold



    Thanks to PPE for sig

  6. #6
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: I need help with vikings tickets

    "vikesoto" wrote:
    Ebay might be your best bet if you don"t wait until the last minute. I also live in L.A., and have been to a couple Viking-Packers games, the best home game to go to in Minnesota every year !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Expences depend on how long you plan to stay,and where. Downtown Minneapolis has quite a few hotels that are in walking distance of the dome. The Crowne Plaza is nice,a little $, or you can stay in Bloomington, there's the Holiday Inn, Microtel Motel, which are not expensive, and are close to the Mall of America, where you can pick up tons of Viking stuff. It's also a short drive to the Twin-Cities. Fly out of LAX, you'll save alot of $.The Southern California Viking Club has members going to games every year, maybe they can help you.(www.scvc.com)
    I usually get my best deals on tix the week of the game. :wink:

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  7. #7
    FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,159

    Re: I need help with vikings tickets

    I got mine fairly reasonable at: TicketsNow.com
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

  8. #8
    VikesfaninWis's Avatar
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,055

    Re: I need help with vikings tickets

    I got mine on ebay last year, were very good priced, however I had tickets to the Giants game(2004) We got our a$$e$ handed to us. I was leaving early to get a jump on traffic, and that is when I heard the horns go off for a TD, I was pi$$ed.. $20.00 for parking, not a very good day at all, and on top of that, I had to drive back to cheese land..

  9. #9
    AngloVike's Avatar
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Sandhurst, UK
    Posts
    6,777
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: I need help with vikings tickets

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    We should make the Vikes-Packer home game the PP.O Tailgate Bash again this year...I know that I would like it to be that game.

    Anyone know how soon the actual schedule with game dates on it comes out???
    I think the actual dates are published around mid- March, there is a live show on TV showing it - maybe ESPN or NFL Network ?? - at the same time as they are published on NFL.com

    Once the dates are out then the big scramble begins trying to work out what game to go to !
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...


  10. #10
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: I need help with vikings tickets

    "AngloVike" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    We should make the Vikes-Packer home game the PP.O Tailgate Bash again this year...I know that I would like it to be that game.

    Anyone know how soon the actual schedule with game dates on it comes out???
    I think the actual dates are published around mid- March, there is a live show on TV showing it - maybe ESPN or NFL Network ?? - at the same time as they are published on NFL.com

    Once the dates are out then the big scramble begins trying to work out what game to go to!
    Not for me! I go to them all at the dome! :wink:

    Anglo,

    I hope I get to meet you at one of the games this year.

    I didn't realize you were sitting so close to Shock & Caine at one of the games last year or I would have stopped by to say "Hi".

    They never told me! :sad:

    Keep us posted on what games you plan on going to.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Cheap Vikings Tickets! 2 Tickets only $33, sec 223 row 30
    By i_bleed_purple in forum Tix & Such
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-22-2008, 12:49 PM
  2. Win 4 LL tickets to the Lions-Vikings game from Vikings.com
    By NodakPaul in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-20-2007, 09:19 AM
  3. Vikings Tickets Question
    By Eyedea in forum Help / Suggestion Box
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-17-2006, 05:47 PM
  4. Vikings tickets
    By oddmanout22287 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-11-2005, 09:24 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •