Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need help....

jmarter is offline Waterboy

I need help....

Feeling a little down today. My enthusiasm for the coming season is waning. Having been a Vikings fan for 30 years, I have been down this street too many times. High hopes and high expectations ending in bitter disappointment. Much of this can just be attributed to being a true die-hard fan I suppose, but us long time Viking fans know true heartbreak. Drew Pearson, Les Steckel, Gary Anderson, Randy Moss, just a few names that still bring tears to me eyes.

I have heard all the talk, new coach, new focus on defense, but questions at QB, LB, WR.

On the eve of another season, all of a sudden I am getting that "here we go again" feeling. Help convince me that this season (our regime) is different. Can I bring myself to once again dream of that pot at the end of the rainbow? Please.
    :-\

Hopefully it is mostly just a result of a slow day at work.

coreyd is offline Coach

Re: I need help....

May today be the day that the football gods bless our team,
    May today be the day that we can start to live out our dream
    May today be the day that we represent the crops best cream,
    May today be the day that Washington helps the rest believe.

One thing as a Vikings fan, you can never lose sight on the prize. You will overcome this negative feeling around 6 pm tonight, because that is the time that the sleeping giant awakes!!

jmarter is offline Waterboy

"coreyd" wrote:
    May today be the day that the football gods bless our team,
    May today be the day that we can start to live out our dream
    May today be the day that we represent the crops best cream,
    May today be the day that Washington helps the rest believe.

One thing as a Vikings fan, you can never lose sight on the prize. You will overcome this negative feeling around 6 pm tonight, because that is the time that the sleeping giant awakes!!
    Thanks coreyd, feeling better already. Ready to wear my purple heart on my sleeve once again.

6-KINGS is offline Asst. Coach

"jmarter" wrote:
    Feeling a little down today. My enthusiasm for the coming season is waning. Having been a Vikings fan for 30 years, I have been down this street too many times. High hopes and high expectations ending in bitter disappointment. Much of this can just be attributed to being a true die-hard fan I suppose, but us long time Viking fans know true heartbreak. Drew Pearson, Les Steckel, Gary Anderson, Randy Moss, just a few names that still bring tears to me eyes.

I have heard all the talk, new coach, new focus on defense, but questions at QB, LB, WR.

On the eve of another season, all of a sudden I am getting that "here we go again" feeling. Help convince me that this season (our regime) is different. Can I bring myself to once again dream of that pot at the end of the rainbow? Please.

Hopefully it is mostly just a result of a slow day at work.
    Well let me share some insight.
    I bought the Vikings a playoff berth this year.
    The new NFL commish owes me big.

"VICTORY IS MINE!"

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"jmarter" wrote:

You could be stuck being a Packers Fan instead of who you really are....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"VikingNed" wrote:
    "jmarter" wrote:

You could be stuck being a Packers Fan instead of who you really are....

Now that would be brutal..

thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer

Hey ive been folowing the vikings a long time too and had to live through 2002-2003 but i still love the vikings and i will always watch them play.I think we definatly have something to be optimistic about!And even if we dont win the super bowl this year we have many years of good football ahead of us! we have the best left side in all of football locked up till 2011 we have a future star in tarvaris jackson we have an emerging star in troy williamson,Chad greenway who is i belive is gonna have a succesfull comeback next year!And if that doesnt motivate you then u can always look forward to darren sharper returning picks for touchdowns for the next couple of years.

Ahhh.....Dont worry, the skins 'll be cryin' themselves on their big pilla'.

Your not alone just know that today is the day we go ashore and burn the boats.........

its a new day, and a new season, this will be a change for the better.
    no glitz and glamour but rock solid football is what wins games..........its all good.

Prophet Guest

Like someone suggested, become a Packer fan and register at one of their message boards and post there for a week.
    You will never again have these thoughts.

Del Rio Guest

There are worse things in the world then losing football games. So when you feel the dread coming on just think about how much worse your life would be if someone crammed a flesh eating beatle up your pee hole.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast