Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I miss him...

Prophet Guest

Re: I miss him...

"happy camper" wrote:
    If anyone remembers, I have been a huge supporter of trading Moss.

I have now changed. I now miss him.

It's all clearer now. We traded Moss to have him stop embarrasing the team. Then the love boat happens. We traded Moss so it could be Culpeppers team, then Daunte has a horrible year and is traded.

This is the first time I've ever said it publicly. We traded Moss for the wrong reasons, and got nothing in return.
    Good to see you finally came out of the closet.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    "ltrey33" wrote:
    You have to learn that players don't make franchises, especially in today's world of sports. The odds that Randy was even going to stay as long as he did were against us.

Sure, I miss seeing the dude catch touchdowns for us too, but that's the past. He and Daunte were here for 7 years and never got the deed done, and I believe it was time to move on.

I just hate the whole "This guy isn't here anymore, that makes me sad" angle. If you love Moss, go root for the Raiders, if you love Pep go root for the Dolphins. But if you love the Vikings, then it shouldn't matter if they field a team of narcoleptic midgets, you should still root for them and be excited about seeing them play. The players don't matter, the franchise does.
    When was the last time any of you showed up to watch the coaches, managment, and the owner? LMAO! Players sell (the most) tickets -No matter how you slice it!

For example, say the NFL went on strke....How many people are going to show up at the games to watch NOBODYS? Sure, there'd be some die hards, maybe even you, but it wouldn't last long.

I'm not picking on you ltrey, just stating this for everyone.
    If there had been no CBA extension, and the owners locked the players out and brought in replacements and never settled the strike and just kept playing and drafting new players, and let the old players play in another league or retire and work at KFC at the driveup window. Within 3 years nobody would know the difference, and the stadiums would be full!

Players come and go and the league remains the best sports league in the world! No player is the game, and will always be replaced and the team and the league will move on.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

If it wern't for players such as Vick, Manning, Ray Lewis, Steve Smith, Randy Moss, Chad Johnson, Tom Brady, Daunte Culpepper.. this league wouldn't be so popular right now.

That's one reason why this league is so popular. The crop of entertaining players, compared so any other league, is astounding.

If you think you could take these guys out of the league, and not replace them with equally talented/entertaining personalities, and people would still show up-- you're dreaming.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

LL-MMan is offline Starter

I was ok with the Moss trade at first, but you have to miss that excitement he brought to us fans.

I sure in heck won't miss Culpepper. He'll never win a SuperBowl.

Viking fans hunger a Championship more than anyone in sports.

Bring it home boyz.
    Bring it home.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"happy camper" wrote:
    If it wern't for players such as Vick, Manning, Ray Lewis, Steve Smith, Randy Moss, Chad Johnson, Tom Brady, Daunte Culpepper.. this league wouldn't be so popular right now.

That's one reason why this league is so popular. The crop of entertaining players, compared so any other league, is astounding.

If you think you could take these guys out of the league, and not replace them with equally talented/entertaining personalities, and people would still show up-- you're dreaming.

I said within 3 years, and the teams would replace them with talented players, and the league would go on after a few years like it never happened.

Always have been talented players and they come and go. Marino, Tarkenton, Montana, Reggie White, LT, Jerry Rice, Cris Carter, Earl Campbell want me to continue for the next week. There are always players to replace other players.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"happy camper" wrote:

Vick is a perfect example. He's not even a great QB, yet his Jersey sells more than anybody!

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Moss will always be the man in my eyes.. I think if things would have panned out then as they are now, Moss would still be with us, and Pepp would have been gone last year. I know Wilf didn't do the Moss trade, but I bet he wishes we still had him.. Who knows what will happen in the future, maybe we will se the Super Freak back in purple and gold in the future..

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

The Raiders visit The Vikings on MNF week 1 of preseason.

I will give Randy a warm welcome.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

Del Rio Guest

The NFL is what it is because they are great at what they do. There will always be a face they can market.

When the NFL players went on strike the NFL brought in a bunch of no name players. People still showed up, people still payed to see the games.
    You can bet if it happened again they would still be selling tickets and still be making great money.

Hell I know people who watch football every sunday, who do not know anyone on the team. They just like football. I find myself watching games just because they are on.

These players may be pawns to the NFL for marketing, but they could market a blue collar steel mill worker turned pro and make just as much money off him as they could off of Moss.

Gift is offline Coordinator

"happy camper" wrote:
    The Raiders visit The Vikings on MNF week 1 of preseason.

I will give Randy a warm welcome.
    I hope your not being sarcastic, he doesn't deserve being boo'ed. He did alot for the vikes. I really hope he gets a warm welcome.
    http://www.purplepride.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6169&dateline=1318052  159

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast