singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: I met McKinnie Today!

"Mr" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "mark" wrote:
    theres no way mac actually works out.i hope we trade him soon
    care to elaborate?

Who do you suppose we should trade him for?
    Who do you think would want him?

Do you think there is a magical trade fairy that makes teams give up great players for wannabe's?
    because that's the only thing I'd want to trade him for, is a great player.
    Regardless of what some people here say, McKinney is a better LT in the league. LT is a hard position to play, so it will be hard to find a player of equal talent to replace him with.
    And if he gets suspended, Artis Hicks will be that man............

Scary, isn't it?
    I thought it was gonna be Johnson. Or move Cook over and put Johnson at RT.

I don't think Hicks has the size to play tackle. Or the skill.
    I don't think Chase is ready to come in & start if McKinnie gets suspended. When McKinnie was out last year for a game, it was Hicks who came in & played for him. He didn't play that bad in that particular game against that particular defense, but I can't see him starting 4 games if McKinnies suspension is that long.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Mr" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "mark" wrote:
    care to elaborate?
    x2.

He's 6'8 343 pounds, and he carries that 343 well, he'd have about twice the volume he currently does if he were 343 of mashed potatoes and cottage cheese.

He's one of the world's elite athletes.

Yes you heard me correctly, our slow footed left tackle who can't handle the speed rush is one of the world's elite athletes.

Around 100,000 boys graduate as high school football players each year.
    9% of them move onto the college level.
    310 of that 9000(9% of 100,000) are invited to the NFL scouting combine.
    I'd guess about 200 of them make the roster of the team who drafted them.
    So we went all the way from 100,000 HS seniors, down to 200 NFL players.
    That is .2% of football players.
    Bryant McKinnie is a better football player than at least 99.8% of his peers.

To become part of the top .2% of the football population certainly requires working out.
    My guess is even more boys graduate from high school who go to college. Out of those, a certain amount of them gravitate towards the medical field. A very small percentage of those students one day become proctologists. I guess they would have to be considered elite then even if they are a pain in the ass to those they serve.
    I was just talking about high school football players that go on to play at the college level, not high schoolers in general.

Also, I'm pretty confident there are more than 1700 proctologists in the United States.

Funny post though
    Yeah, I was giving you crap. Your point was well stated.

"C" wrote:
    I would have just fought Kellen Winslow.
    ROTFL!

Troy Smith knows... Your Quaterback will know too.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Mr" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "mark" wrote:
    care to elaborate?

Do you think there is a magical trade fairy that makes teams give up great players for wannabe's?
    Regardless of what some people here say, McKinney is a better LT in the league. LT is a hard position to play, so it will be hard to find a player of equal talent to replace him with.

Scary, isn't it?

He doesn't have either.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"singersp" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "mark" wrote:
    care to elaborate?

Scary, isn't it?

I don't think Chase is ready to come in & start if McKinnie gets suspended. When McKinnie was out last year for a game, it was Hicks who came in & played for him. He didn't play that bad in that particular game against that particular defense, but I can't see him starting 4 games if McKinnies suspension is that long.
    He's probably more ready to come in and play LT than Cook was to play RT last year......

My guess is the staff will roll out the guy that has the best chance at keeping TJ upright and making holes for our RB's.

That just might be a young kid who has been learning from the bench for once instead of running a raw rookie out there.

By the way, do you remember how well Hicks played, not only spelling Big Mac, but before Herrera put his ass on the pine?
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer

So what did McKinnie say about the upcoming season?

Or did he not say anything because he is uncertain of his future?

ChiTownVike is offline Hall of Famer

"PackSux!" wrote:
    So what did McKinnie say about the upcoming season?

Or did he not say anything because he is uncertain of his future?
    He gave me the normal cliche. "Oh, well were looking good and we hope to win a championship."

I was gonna ask him who gives better gifts when they rush for 1000+ yards, CT or AP, but he had to leave

Thank you Josdin for the sig

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Marrdro" wrote:

He's probably more ready to come in and play LT than Cook was to play RT last year......

My guess is the staff will roll out the guy that has the best chance at keeping TJ upright and making holes for our RB's.

That just might be a young kid who has been learning from the bench for once instead of running a raw rookie out there.

By the way, do you remember how well Hicks played, not only spelling Big Mac, but before Herrera put his ass on the pine?
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    Yes I do. That is why I was surprised he didn't get "owned" all game long at LT spelling for McKinnie. He didn't play great, but he played alright for that one particular game. Don't recall who the team was, but they must not have had a great pass rusher at DE.

That's why I said he got by with it once, but he wouldn't for 4 games or against a team with a good pass rush.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

;D
    ;D
    ;D
    Yes I do. That is why I was surprised he didn't get "owned" all game long at LT spelling for McKinnie. He didn't play great, but he played alright for that one particular game. Don't recall who the team was, but they must not have had a great pass rusher at DE.

That's why I said he got by with it once, but he wouldn't for 4 games or against a team with a good pass rush.
    Word.

He doesn't have the size or talent to play left tackle on an NFL team.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"Mr" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

;D
    ;D
    ;D

Word.

He doesn't have the size or talent to play left tackle on an NFL team.
    I imagine the coaching staff will make adjustments. The west coast offense is supposed to be a lot of quick passes. If Tjack does a 3-step drop and throws it doesn't take much to stop the pass rush, just have to slow them down. And peterson doesn't need a ton of blocks, hutch and Birk can make enough room to get up the middle.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234