Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: I love all my fellow Viking fans

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    **sigh**

Not this rhetoric again.
    That certainly sounds awful condescending...

SJHILL is offline Starter

I think Vike fans expect alot more of there team than most other fans. I learned this a long time ago, because I know people from different parts of the country, or moved here from other parts as a fan of a different team, and they are football fans, they just are more laid back.

enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer

"cajunvike" wrote:
    All I can say is...with a thread title like this one has, I sure am glad that enlvikeman is not a 49ers fan! :lol:
    ha...you didn't already know I was a pillow biter cajun?

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"southern_yankee" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    **sigh**

Not this rhetoric again.
    That certainly sounds awful condescending...
    Read the threads. There is a lot of this.

It is what it is.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"MensaTice" wrote:
    Webby,
    They said on KFAN this afternoon that Birk was one of the guys who went to Tice and the front office and asked for the Moss trade. If this is wrong, I apologize for writing it. I think that KFAN is as plugged into what goes on with the Vikes as anyone, so I believed it. Maybe its not the only reason, but if it happened, then it must have influenced the decision. Birk did decide to miss this season. If you ask me, he turned his back on the team. Sorry about my negativity. I love this team. I rarely boo, but booing yesturday and being negative about aspects of this team (ie: Tice/Loney) is justified and does not make me a bad fan.
    Being critical doesn't make you a bad fan. BTW a lot of what you are saying might very well be true.

I honestly don't think MensaTice is going to be happy until Tice is gone.

MensaTice, correct me if I am wrong.

"SJHILL" wrote:
    I think Vike fans expect alot more of there team than most other fans. I learned this a long time ago, because I know people from different parts of the country, or moved here from other parts as a fan of a different team, and they are football fans, they just are more laid back.
    I agree, it seems like the fans that I have known of other teams, loose interest as soon as the team does bad. They don't even complain, they just loos interest as their way of coping. In MN, there isn't much more to do than watch in the winter. We tend to get into it, it means so much to us.

OR

Maybe since we are all fans that took the time to find and sign up for and to post on the topic of Vikings, that make us the passionate fans, no matter if we complain or compliment the team. We are just an elite group of passionate fans with different opinions.

hovan is offline Star Spokesman

"enlvikeman" wrote:
    but some of you are just getting ridiculous with your posts. Starting Brad Johnson? Crying about who we are not instead of supporting who we are. Look around the Panthers, Rams, Chargers, Ravens message boards. I did...and see very few fans calling for their head coaches head or "throwing up" after week 1. Every Packer fan I have ever met says we are biggest fairweather fans in the nation...and until now I gave little credibility to that statement. I understand your upset but just relax...time and wins heals all wounds. Starting Brad Johnson? Come on!

By the way Tom Brady never needed a Randy Moss to win anything. He had a average defense, average receivers and won it all. 2003 Eagles started 0-3 and won the NFC east.
    Real fans stick with the team, SKOL VIKINGS!
    Lombardis DEAD,
    Favrays OLD, the Packers SUCK,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"enlvikeman" wrote:
    but some of you are just getting ridiculous with your posts. Starting Brad Johnson? Crying about who we are not instead of supporting who we are. Look around the Panthers, Rams, Chargers, Ravens message boards. I did...and see very few fans calling for their head coaches head or "throwing up" after week 1. Every Packer fan I have ever met says we are biggest fairweather fans in the nation...and until now I gave little credibility to that statement. I understand your upset but just relax...time and wins heals all wounds. Starting Brad Johnson? Come on!

By the way Tom Brady never needed a Randy Moss to win anything. He had a average defense, average receivers and won it all. 2003 Eagles started 0-3 and won the NFC east.

Sorry, you are incorrect. Come down here and check out the Yuc's fans ... they win, hands down.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"enlvikeman" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    All I can say is...with a thread title like this one has, I sure am glad that enlvikeman is not a 49ers fan! :lol:
    ha...you didn't already know I was a pillow biter cajun?
    Just as long as your colleagues don't find out...your secret is safe with me! :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast