Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

Re: I love all my fellow Viking fans

Webby,
    They said on KFAN this afternoon that Birk was one of the guys who went to Tice and the front office and asked for the Moss trade. If this is wrong, I apologize for writing it. I think that KFAN is as plugged into what goes on with the Vikes as anyone, so I believed it. Maybe its not the only reason, but if it happened, then it must have influenced the decision. Birk did decide to miss this season. If you ask me, he turned his back on the team. Sorry about my negativity. I love this team. I rarely boo, but booing yesturday and being negative about aspects of this team (ie: Tice/Loney) is justified and does not make me a bad fan.

[color=red]

MattShortNB81 is offline Training Camp

it really "peaves" me off, because that was the only first game of the season..the vikings are gonna go out and light up the bengals..anybody whos gonna sit there and criticize them after a loss to a tough bucs defense and after a 2 bad calls on should-have-been TD's is not a true Vikes fan...if this was a game to determine the outcome of the season then i would understand but..gimme a break...w/ an all new defense and now a younger more inexperienced O-Line (which is where ALL the problems were) its gonna be hard to gel that quick..give em time..they are still one of the top teams in the NFC..if ya dont believe that then you dont need to be on this site

Hooversham is offline Starter

I would never start calling for Brad Johnson to replace Daunte, that's just plain ridiculous. But I, for one, resent being called a "fairweather fan" simply because I criticize and complain about a team that SHOULD be doing better.

Dam mit, I watch this Fargin' team EVERY WEEK. I've lived through the endless downs and the very few ups since I can remember. I am on this site checking things out more than my boss would like to know. I watch the news. I draft Vikings for my fantasy team (that's was dumb, thank God TT was on the bench). I ALWAYS support this franchise. And that is the very reason I have a license to bitch about it. Like a shareholder in a company that has languished in mediocrity for years, I WANT MY FRIGGIN' RETURN. And I have every right as someone with a stake in it's continued success, to complain about it when it sucks. And right now.... it sucks.

By the way...Fairweather fans would have and DID give up on this team looooong ago. The only people left watching this mess of a team are the TRUE fans. No other sane individuals would stick around to watch. Simply because I'm not deliriously detached from reality becasue this is my favorite team, doesn't mean that I don't love them. It just means I'm sick of watching a team with so much talent be coached into the ground. It stinks.
    I can bench press my own body weight. And I weight 2,000 pounds.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

"MensaTice" wrote:
    Webby,
    They said on KFAN this afternoon that Birk was one of the guys who went to Tice and the front office and asked for the Moss trade. If this is wrong, I apologize for writing it. I think that KFAN is as plugged into what goes on with the Vikes as anyone, so I believed it. Maybe its not the only reason, but if it happened, then it must have influenced the decision. Birk did decide to miss this season. If you ask me, he turned his back on the team. Sorry about my negativity. I love this team. I rarely boo, but booing yesturday and being negative about aspects of this team (ie: Tice/Loney) is justified and does not make me a bad fan.
    MT, yeah, he was one of the guys reported to be a part of it. One of the guys, reportedly. Meaning it was a group of them, the coach had to put in and many other people. Lashing out at Birk I think is a little, well, weird as the cause of it all.

Its not bad to be negative or upset, but I just get the feeling you are always pissed about something. Just wondering if you ever enjoy the team and the game of football. Heck, I let fly a boo or two yesterday, and I *never* do that. It was just too much.

MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

"MattShortNB81" wrote:
    it really "peaves" me off, because that was the only first game of the season..the vikings are gonna go out and light up the bengals..anybody whos gonna sit there and criticize them after a loss to a tough bucs defense and after a 2 bad calls on should-have-been TD's is not a true Vikes fan...if this was a game to determine the outcome of the season then i would understand but..gimme a break...w/ an all new defense and now a younger more inexperienced O-Line (which is where ALL the problems were) its gonna be hard to gel that quick..give em time..they are still one of the top teams in the NFC..if ya dont believe that then you dont need to be on this site
    Look, I agree with you that this team will come around but to say that people who criticize them after yesturday aren't true fans is ridiculous. IMO if someone who claims they like the Vikes isn't angry with many of the decisions of this franchise, they aren't a true fan. I have all the confidence in the world that we will turn it around and dominate, but like I said, complaining about this teams performance is justified. We should not tolerate a performance like that, ever.

[color=red]

akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman

No team ever has, or ever will trade a player because another player asked for it to happen.

I'm sure:

(Matt Birk, walks into Vikings FO) "Get Moss off this team, trade him."

(Vikings staff) "Okay Matt, who do you want?"

(Matt Birk) "Trade him to the Raiders for a LB and a couple draft picks."

(Vikings Staff) "Alright Matt, see you tommorrow."

Paleeze... :lol:

__________________________________________________ ___________

:P to those who were booing their heads off at the game:

I think the players know when they are doing good, and when they stink, players look to the fans for support, not for critisizim. Just my opinion.

enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer

"Hooversham" wrote:
    I would never start calling for Brad Johnson to replace Daunte, that's just plain ridiculous. But I, for one, resent being called a "fairweather fan" simply because I criticize and complain about a team that SHOULD be doing better.

Dam mit, I watch this Fargin' team EVERY WEEK. I've lived through the endless downs and the very few ups since I can remember. I am on this site checking things out more than my boss would like to know. I watch the news. I draft Vikings for my fantasy team (that's was dumb, thank God TT was on the bench). I ALWAYS support this franchise. And that is the very reason I have a license to beeyatch about it. Like a shareholder in a company that has languished in mediocrity for years, I WANT MY FRIGGIN' RETURN. And I have every right as someone with a stake in it's continued success, to complain about it when it sucks. And right now.... it sucks.

By the way...Fairweather fans would have and DID give up on this team looooong ago. The only people left watching this mess of a team are the TRUE fans. No other sane individuals would stick around to watch. Simply because I'm not deliriously detached from reality becasue this is my favorite team, doesn't mean that I don't love them. It just means I'm sick of watching a team with so much talent be coached into the ground. It stinks.
    Hoover I understand what your saying and sometimes I come off the wrong way. The fairweather comment may not apply to you at all. I think it applies to Viking fans asking for Brad Johnson to start and Mike Tice to quit. I'm not happy with the loss. I jumped up and down and thought about Moss like everyone else. Then my senses came to me and relaxed. I know deep down that once this team gels and gets in a rhythm they will be strong.

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

"Hooversham" wrote:

Dam mit, I watch this Fargin' team EVERY WEEK. I've lived through the endless downs and the very few ups since I can remember. I am on this site checking things out more than my boss would like to know. I watch the news. I draft Vikings for my fantasy team (that's was dumb, thank God TT was on the bench). I ALWAYS support this franchise. And that is the very reason I have a license to beeyatch about it. Like a shareholder in a company that has languished in mediocrity for years, I WANT MY FRIGGIN' RETURN. And I have every right as someone with a stake in it's continued success, to complain about it when it sucks. And right now.... it sucks.

Amen!! It's hard being a Vikings' fan...some years I wish I could be a fair-weather fan...I do not think this year will be one of those years, but no matter what I'll cheer them on...and complain when I darn well feel like complaining...

P.S. I've always thought that Tice was a bad idea...wait, that's putting it too mildly, Tice is an idiot (does that get censored too? like MOR-ON?)

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

**sigh**

Not this rhetoric again.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

All I can say is...with a thread title like this one has, I sure am glad that enlvikeman is not a 49ers fan! :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast