Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re:I like Webb too, but before we get too far ahead..

I like Webb, but I don't think he's ready.

I think TJ came in with the ability to make more of an impact right away than Webb. Against a real defense, Webb would be destroyed. He's simply not ready, not even close. He's fun as hell to watch, and he's got a cannon, but he's a long way from being ready.

I actually thought TJ might be decent if thrown in right away, I don't think Webb will. He needs time.

ndnorseman is offline Pro-Bowler

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    I like Webb, but I don't think he's ready.

I think TJ came in with the ability to make more of an impact right away than Webb. Against a real defense, Webb would be destroyed. He's simply not ready, not even close. He's fun as hell to watch, and he's got a cannon, but he's a long way from being ready.

I actually thought TJ might be decent if thrown in right away, I don't think Webb will. He needs time.

I don't think anybody wants Webb to start right away. Give him this year to learn under Favre, and then next year, he can compete for the #2 spot. The year after that, if he isn't AT LEAST in solid competition for the starting spot, then he's probably just another T-Jack.

JMO

VikingGlen is offline Waterboy

We arrived late at the Broncos game because of work, so we missed most of the 1st quarter. The reports we heard about how T-Jack played before we arrived made me think that Webb looked like a god next to him. Going back and watching the game on tape afterwards makes me wonder just what we expect of T-Jack. He went 2 of 8 for 2 yards throwing perfect spirals to receivers who didn't want the ball. What's he supposed to do, run up and hand it to them? He's not that bad. He's just not consistently good.

That said, I'd personally like to see us trade/wave T-Jack and go for broke this year. Bring in T.J.Houshmendzada and Javon Walker, go with 6 wide receivers and 2 quarterbacks. If Favre goes down T-Jack isn't going to bring us to the Super Bowl. If Joe Webb possesses the intangibles; the intellectual capacity and discipline, the ability to see passing windows and read defenses, with his physical skills he has the potential to become one of the greatest QBs who ever played the game. Not to mention that he can learn from arguably the greatest QB who ever played the game.

Favre is our present. Webb our future.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12