Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

I know why the Vikings defense can't stop a high scholl team

"Kleinsasser40" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    The bottom line is we need...BETTER TACKLING!!! The D needs to learn how to tackle better and quit giving up those short passes that keep moving the chains for the opposing offense.
    We need to be more consistant in tackling, but not really better. During the saints game i didn't really see any problem with it, but that changes game to game. The Titans might go and break 20 tackles on us, you never know how they are going to preform.
    Tackling has always been a problem for the Vikings, at least as long as I can remember (30+ seasons)...you can't stop the run if you don't take the RB down on the first lick. As for the pass defense, it is more about soft coverage, but if they do resort to playing soft, they had better tackle the guy after he makes the catch to limit the RAC!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Del Rio Guest

That's another reason zone is tough to defend the Qb is throwing the ball to an open spot in the field the WR is running all out when he catches it. The defenders have been back peddaling to their assignment and have to stop momentum to come back. I just don't like this Defensive scheme. We get scored on anyway, let them play physical and make some plays.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

Hold on, wait, wait wait!

To the longevity thing! That's a bunch of crap because the secondary is getting torched. And ALL but winfield was there last year! There is no reason to be playing 10 yards off your man on a 3rd and 4 at a critical time in the game especially if your going to blitz!

And whats with the blitzes, everytime we blitzed we sent both safties! Why not send Raonol Smith (who's fast). or some other player and mix it up?

Maybe that longevity thing is an excuse for our LB's but not the whole defense. We did a decent job of stopping the run. or did we? The saints were down so much they had to throw....Which plays right into our weakness.

Secondly, KLEINSASSER, what game where you watching? They converted on a Hel! of a lot of 3rd downs. Including a couple 4th downs also!.....

3rd and 15, 3rd and 14 and a couple others.....We didn't stop SH!... the whole game.

Our Defense is terrible...I have faith they can turn it around. but our secondary is playing awful football.

We don't even get a pass rush on until the second half.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

Only good thing about our d is that we hit hard when we do hit.

Del Rio Guest

We did have 3 sacks and quite a few knockdowns, some hurries, at least one batted down ball. Deuce ran for 78 yards and 2 TD's so if they would have had a chance to run the ball more we could have been hurting.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"SKOL" wrote:
    "skogs02" wrote:
    iknow why you cant spell...your an idiot
    It's can't and you're. :roll:
    It's funny that the guy calling somebody an idiot for not spelling correctly made more mistakes in his grammer than dan3ski???

Furthermore, capitalize I, put and space in between I and know. Put a period after idiot.

Del Rio Guest

Anyone who analyzes grammer on a message board is a bodaget. It's the weakest possible argument you can make.

"hawaiianvike21" wrote:
    well you got to remember all the injuries we had and a new scheme to adjust to as many of our player on d last year were becoming comfortable with olearys schemes only to be changed once again. Changing and transitioning defensive schemes year in and out are not easy no matter how much you practice. Im willing to give our d some more time for us to jell well and play well. Were actually starting to pitch some three and outs a lot more.
    I am with you on this one HV good post
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

We'll be alright guys! After all we are Winning with our D playing poorly. Our D should step it up and then we will be fine. Once we start losing games because our D can't stop a teams offense at all, then we'll be in trouble. If I'm not mistaken in the first half they only had about 150 yards or something until their 2 minute drill final drive!! I do agree that we give up to many 3rd down conversions on 3rd and 12+, that is uncalled for!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

pep2moss is offline Rookie

yeah i agree bull rushing helped rush alot of brooks passes

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123