Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    dan3ski is offline Coordinator

I know why the Vikings defense can't stop a high scholl team

I just figured it out. All the Vikings do is try to bull rush. They do not stunt, they do not show different defensive formations. The linemen just try to push the other team back, even when they blitz it is almost alwas up the middle. They do not gang tackle or flock to the ball in short there are eleven people on the field not a unit of players. There are no rip moves from the linemen and they do not stay low. So basicly all the other teams have to do is use thier offensive line to block and the Vikings defense will run right into the blocks. THAT SUCKS!
    can we clone Bud Grant?

skogs02 is offline Starter

iknow why you cant spell...your an idiot

Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

Give them a break. There are a lot of new faces on our defense, including the coordinator. They will solidift, just let them feel it out. Got their first pick today and had a lot of 3 and outs.

Also, and explosive defense does not help the stats of that teams defense. Our offense gets the ball and scores so fast that in the end of the game the other offense would have the ball probibly 1.5 times as they would agains a team like the bears, who focus on runing and ball control.

I am not in any way saying our offense is good though. They need to step it up, and I think by week 8 against the Giants, we will see a different defense. They know they need to improve to at least slow down the giants and colts offense, they will make changes...(and hopefully will get #25 OUT of the game, it seems as though he likes to blow coverage...)
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

At some points of the game, I like our D because we blitzed some more, but it still seems like whenever we get a substantial lead on a team, we start playing prevent and give up 20 yard passes like crazy. We need to have the D keep the heat on for 60 minutes, just like the offense is expected to. I hope as the year progresses, Cotrell and the gang will come together into a formidable D. I think we will, just takes time

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

The bottom line is we need...BETTER TACKLING!!! The D needs to learn how to tackle better and quit giving up those short passes that keep moving the chains for the opposing offense.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

poult is offline Asst. Coach

well, atleast we finally got an INT, and at a real good time to get one too.
    "the only diffrence between suicide and martyrdom is the press coverage"
    Tender Branson

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Hes right about the stunts, there is no stunts, stunts confuse the O line, great point danski all they try to do is bull rush they have got to try stunts on blitzes, all the time especailly on pass rushing situations.

Did anyone watch what the steelers did when they were running stunts, KILLER.

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

well you got to remember all the injuries we had and a new scheme to adjust to as many of our player on d last year were becoming comfortable with olearys schemes only to be changed once again. Changing and transitioning defensive schemes year in and out are not easy no matter how much you practice. Im willing to give our d some more time for us to jell well and play well. Were actually starting to pitch some three and outs a lot more.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

Actually, I saw at least one stunt, and the Saints o-line picked it up perfectly, and Deuce ran through a big hole.

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

Obviously I don't know what stunts are. I think I have seen them. And yes, it was nice to see blitzes and (I think it was Theisman) the announcer saying ..."THAT IS AN INSULT! They are blitzing their safeties and saying our CB'S are good enough to cover your receivers..THAT IS AN INSULT!!! For some reason, sunday night football is better at the restaurant that has the music turned up, and the idiots turned down.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast