Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    carolinafan is offline Rookie

I know there were many doubters last year when TW was

drafted. But like I said in some posts when many on this site were critical b/c TW wasn't lighting up the world, there have been few rookies (if any) to ever enter the NFL and dominate or change a game. I have watched every TW college game, and I knew what he's like. I think you will see a star START to emerge this year. By next year, he'll be all-pro calibur. He will work hard and he has the talent and maturity. If he doesn't get injured, and the burns from his youth do not start causing him medical problems again, the people who booed him on draft day will have egg on their face.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Re: I know there were many doubters last year when TW was

I agree 100%.I see alot of qualities in him that are the qualities I see in other star NFL wide receivers.You can tell hes a hard worker, I think hes gonna make alot of people eat some crow in the next couple years!

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

carolinafan is offline Rookie

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    I agree 100%.I see alot of qualities in him that are the qualities I see in other star NFL wide receivers.You can tell hes a hard worker, I think hes gonna make alot of people eat some crow in the next couple years!
    Who ever heard of Steve Smith until a few seasons ago. It took him 3 or more years to emerge. Same with most receivers. I know one thing, I'd still take TW over Mike Williams any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Eyedea is offline Pro-Bowler

Nothing against Williamson, but I think drafting a very raw reciever with the seventh overal pick was a mistake. The team could have been very close to winnng a championship (before the boat incident), and drafting Williamson, while he may be a great player later, did not really help the team last year. I would have rather drafted Merriman or Johnson at 7, and then Clayton (probably the most polished reciever in the draft) later in the first.
    Make love to the present, fuck the past
    --Sage Francis

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

As much as I see talent in TWill that will eventually make him a potential All-Pro, I would still have preferred to get Johnson...he would have solved our MLB problem and we still would have a decent WR corps. PLUS you guys wouldn't have to hear me lobby for DEdwards...that alone has got to make most of you wish we had gotten Johnson! :evil4:

BUT now that we DO have TWill...GO GET 'EM, TWILL!!!!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

I would have rather had Derrick Johnson as well, Im pretty sure everyone remembers my campaign to draft him.

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

"Eyedea" wrote:
    Nothing against Williamson, but I think drafting a very raw reciever with the seventh overal pick was a mistake. The team could have been very close to winnng a championship (before the boat incident), and drafting Williamson, while he may be a great player later, did not really help the team last year. I would have rather drafted Merriman or Johnson at 7, and then Clayton (probably the most polished reciever in the draft) later in the first.
    but the boat incident happened..... not like the draft premeditated that or caused it. With your tone, it sounds like if the boat didn't happen and we drafted someone else, then we may have won. Well one thing we "could not" control and that was the cruise. So what I'm saying is your point really doesn't make too much sense.
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

Prophet Guest

No problems with TWill. Yet. I'll give him three years before I start ripping him a new a-hole. I was thinking that he was going to break out last year toward the end of the season. I'm now thinking the same thing this year. We'll see, I think he'll do just fine.

I'm not getting into speculation about who we should have picked when because that would take too long and nobody cares (not that it stops me from posting bs anyway).

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

DJ is the one that got away Mr. Anderson.I too wanted him, but was also fond of Troy.I havnt herd to much on DJ tho...I remeber slick willy vermeil said he was the best rookie LB he has ever seen or something.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Prophet Guest

"Braddock" wrote:
    "Eyedea" wrote:
    but the boat incident happened..... not like the draft premeditated that or caused it. With your tone, it sounds like if the boat didn't happen and we drafted someone else, then we may have won. Well one thing we "could not" control and that was the cruise. So what I'm saying is your point really doesn't make too much sense.
    Like I've said before, with Tice & Co. at the helm we could have had the best player at every position and still lose in the playoffs. When the game comes down to a coaching chess match Tice didn't have the mental aptitude to remember how to move the pieces much less integrate a fluid strategy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast