Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Try and slap me, shorty. And, the question of the thread was if the Vikings do get the 1st pick, do you draft Luck. Whether or not we think that will happen is the subject for other threads here.

=Z=
    Considering how unique of an idea this whole thread is, yes, I stand by what I said.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    You pick Luck, you trade Ponder, and you use the 33rd pick in the draft on a LT for the future.

=Z=
    If we pick Luck & trade Ponder, Ponder will go on to become a top QB on another team & Luck will end up being another Jamarcus Russell.

However, if we pass on Luck & keep Ponder, Luck will go on to become a top QB on another team & Ponder will end up being another Jamarcus Russell.

Such is the life of a Vikings fan.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by STCLOUDSAYSGOVIKES View Post
    IF they were to pick luck, every front office person should be fired on the spot and every coach should be fired as well. No pension, no buy out. NOTHING!!
    Hater!

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

kspurplepride is offline Pro-Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveling_Vike View Post
    I respectfully disagree. Strongly.

Fist, if Ponder is bad enough that we'd want to draft another QB, then we wouldn't get anything for him.

Second, I don't care how "close to a lock" he may be, there are no guarantees in this game. He could just as easily flop as well. Then how would we look, drafting a QB three straight years and getting nothing?

Third, if he really is expected to be that good, then we should be able to get a lot in trade for that pick.

Fourth, QB is not our most glaring need. Hell, it isn't even in the top three, IMO. WR, OL and big DT all come in ahead, and maybe a cover LB as well. Some might even say defensive secondary. If we could trade that #1 pick for two lower firsts and a second (perhaps in different years) we'd be in excellent shape to fill those holes.

At the very least, you have to entertain offers. You never know, someone night offer us a Herschel Walker type deal.
    While I don't necessarily agree with your evaluation of our team needs I will agree that using the first pick on Luck would be a waste. We could easily trade out of that first pick and end up with two first round, or a first and a high second for him which would allow us to draft a LT and a Safety to play opposite Abdullah.

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame
    El underdog.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kspurplepride View Post
    While I don't necessarily agree with your evaluation of our team needs I will agree that using the first pick on Luck would be a waste. We could easily trade out of that first pick and end up with two first round, or a first and a high second for him which would allow us to draft a LT and a Safety to play opposite Abdullah.
    If we were sitting #1, we'd damn well better get more than a first and second for the pick, unless it's like #3 overall and a second, even still, the Luck Pick will be worth a ton.

Not going to matter though, we'll do well enough to be assured no shot at Luck.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Quote Originally Posted by STCLOUDSAYSGOVIKES View Post
    IF they were to pick luck, every front office person should be fired on the spot and every coach should be fired as well. No pension, no buy out. NOTHING!!
    No, that should have happened upon drafting Ponder.

We should absolutely draft Luck if given the opportunity.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    You pick Luck, you trade Ponder, and you use the 33rd pick in the draft on a LT for the future.

=Z=
    Agree 110%. Someone better check the thermostat in hell.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    I feel like if we get the pick we will hear "And the Minnesota Vikings have traded the #1 overall pick to the Carolina Panthers for their 1st pick and Jonathon Stewart" or some BS like that. No faith in us coming away with a good deal.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

kspurplepride is offline Pro-Bowler
    Have you watched Ponder play? The kid was a stud in college for an average at best team. Even playing hurt his entire senior season he was still a top 5 QB prospect. Don't let the scouts fool you, as most of them fail to look beyond his senior year. This kid has a bigger arm than most people give him credit for. Couple that with a strong worth ethic, some wheels, and a good head on his shoulders and I believe we have a solid starting QB. Remember just because a QB is a "lock" doesn't mean he'll actually pan out. As someone noted Brohm, was also a "lock" as were QB's like Leaf...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123