Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

i know its extremely early but...

If the vikings end up continuing to do terrible and have the first pick, do they draft Luck?

I realize they just drafted Ponder and that he has a lot of high expectations for his future in purple, but if you have such a sure hit in a Quarterback do you let him go?

its a ways away, and probably wont happen, but its something to think about.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Won't happen. Even if they specifically schemed to do everything in their power to tank the season and draft Luck they would find a way to screw it up.

we will just be good enough not to pick first anyway
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator
    We won't have that shot, we won't be bad enough. But even if we are, I still don't take Luck. I'd trade down and get more picks, which we need way more than another rookie QB.

Taking Luck would completely invalidate the pick we used on Ponder after only one year. Then we would be stuck with one Rookie, one second-year guy, and (assuming we keep Webb) one third year guy. Ouch.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

IF they were to pick luck, every front office person should be fired on the spot and every coach should be fired as well. No pension, no buy out. NOTHING!!

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries
    Commited to Ponder for now, we need help at the Offensive Line and at Wide Reciever..

Guys like Matt Kalil from USC and Alshon Jeffrey from South Carolina will be names circling around come draft time.

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries
    Which is why we need to see Ponder play. I personally liked what I saw out of him in the preseason. We will eventually reach the point that we have to give him time this season.

Right now, due to my opinion of Ponder, I would rather see us trade back. The next draft will have several very good OT prospects.

ConnecticutViking is offline Pro-Bowler
    Wouldn't surprise me... at this point.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakout View Post
    Which is why we need to see Ponder play. I personally liked what I saw out of him in the preseason. We will eventually reach the point that we have to give him time this season.

Right now, due to my opinion of Ponder, I would rather see us trade back. The next draft will have several very good OT prospects.
    and we need several
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin LaVerne Madesian View Post
    If the vikings end up continuing to do terrible and have the first pick, do they draft Luck?
    Ab-so-freaking-lutely. Luck, barring injury, is as close to a lock as anyone has been since Peyton.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast