Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27
  1. #1
    PurpleMafia's Avatar
    PurpleMafia is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    734

    I know its early, but.... (Who should we draft?)

    Who fits best?


    With Troys drop problems, I would like a WR..


    Vote
    ;D
    Retired 12/21/08

  2. #2
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: I know its early, but.... (Who should we draft?)

    Just like you said, its early.

  3. #3
    Guruzen's Avatar
    Guruzen is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    266

    Re: I know its early, but.... (Who should we draft?)

    A marquee WR would be nice (as opposed to our growing collection of first round busts: Taylor, Williamson), but our west coast system doesn't require a stud receiver.

    An athletic TE like Gates/Shockey would be a great addition.

    A stud CB to play nickel and groom into a future starter when winfield retires would do wonders for our pass defense.

  4. #4
    davike's Avatar
    davike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,750

    Re: I know its early, but.... (Who should we draft?)

    "Guruzen" wrote:
    A marquee WR would be nice (as opposed to our growing collection of first round busts: Taylor, Williamson), but our west coast system doesn't require a stud receiver.

    An athletic TE like Gates/Shockey would be a great addition.

    A stud CB to play nickel and groom into a future starter when winfield retires would do wonders for our pass defense.
    we don't need a star WR but it would be nice to have a WR that could catch. but don't talk about winfield retiring already, thats the last thing we need. a athletic TE would be nice to.

    Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

  5. #5
    Guruzen's Avatar
    Guruzen is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    266

    Re: I know its early, but.... (Who should we draft?)

    "davike" wrote:
    "Guruzen" wrote:
    A marquee WR would be nice (as opposed to our growing collection of first round busts: Taylor, Williamson), but our west coast system doesn't require a stud receiver.

    An athletic TE like Gates/Shockey would be a great addition.

    A stud CB to play nickel and groom into a future starter when winfield retires would do wonders for our pass defense.
    we don't need a star WR but it would be nice to have a WR that could catch. but don't talk about winfield retiring already, thats the last thing we need. a athletic TE would be nice to.
    Don't worry winfield has 2-3 more years left but grooming a stud CB to take over one day would make sense.

    Dropping balls is all about concentration so fortunately it can be fixed. Kinda like RB's that fumble. Look at Tiki before and after he fixed his prob.

    Don't give up on Troy so quickly... it's all concentration and I'm sure he will come to. Even Randy and TO have been dropping balls recently! Give troy a break!

  6. #6
    Garland Greene's Avatar
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: I know its early, but.... (Who should we draft?)

    It depends on who might be there or fall to us a #32

  7. #7
    davike's Avatar
    davike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,750

    Re: I know its early, but.... (Who should we draft?)

    "Guruzen" wrote:
    "davike" wrote:
    "Guruzen" wrote:
    A marquee WR would be nice (as opposed to our growing collection of first round busts: Taylor, Williamson), but our west coast system doesn't require a stud receiver.

    An athletic TE like Gates/Shockey would be a great addition.

    A stud CB to play nickel and groom into a future starter when winfield retires would do wonders for our pass defense.
    we don't need a star WR but it would be nice to have a WR that could catch. but don't talk about winfield retiring already, thats the last thing we need. a athletic TE would be nice to.
    Don't worry winfield has 2-3 more years left but grooming a stud CB to take over one day would make sense.

    Dropping balls is all about concentration so fortunately it can be fixed. Kinda like RB's that fumble. Look at Tiki before and after he fixed his prob.

    Don't give up on Troy so quickly... it's all concentration and I'm sure he will come to. Even Randy and TO have been dropping balls recently! Give troy a break!
    yeah thats true... and don't get me wrong about troy, if you look at my previous posts you will see that i think like you.
    i am still a williamson fan, but its just frustrating i guess. i still think that williamson has the potential to develop into a #1 reciever

    Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

  8. #8
    Guruzen's Avatar
    Guruzen is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    266

    Re: I know its early, but.... (Who should we draft?)

    "davike" wrote:
    "Guruzen" wrote:
    "davike" wrote:
    "Guruzen" wrote:
    A marquee WR would be nice (as opposed to our growing collection of first round busts: Taylor, Williamson), but our west coast system doesn't require a stud receiver.

    An athletic TE like Gates/Shockey would be a great addition.

    A stud CB to play nickel and groom into a future starter when winfield retires would do wonders for our pass defense.
    we don't need a star WR but it would be nice to have a WR that could catch. but don't talk about winfield retiring already, thats the last thing we need. a athletic TE would be nice to.
    Don't worry winfield has 2-3 more years left but grooming a stud CB to take over one day would make sense.

    Dropping balls is all about concentration so fortunately it can be fixed. Kinda like RB's that fumble. Look at Tiki before and after he fixed his prob.

    Don't give up on Troy so quickly... it's all concentration and I'm sure he will come to. Even Randy and TO have been dropping balls recently! Give troy a break!
    yeah thats true... and don't get me wrong about troy, if you look at my previous posts you will see that i think like you.
    i am still a williamson fan, but its just frustrating i guess. i still think that williamson has the potential to develop into a #1 reciever
    Hehe point taken. Let's just agree he's still raw and is a work in progress. I see him as more of a Santana Moss type speedster than a go-to guy like Steve Smith. But I agree that he's not doing himself any favours with dropping it with the game on the line.

  9. #9
    VKG4LFE's Avatar
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Hartford, WI
    Posts
    15,994

    Re: I know its early, but.... (Who should we draft?)

    It's way too early to even be thinking draft, but Calvin Johnson would be a nice pick, but he will be long gone by the time we pick!

    I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

  10. #10
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,567

    Re: I know its early, but.... (Who should we draft?)

    Draft the person that will help us win the super bowl right away.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Vikings could target DE, TE & perhaps a QB early in draft
    By singersp in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 04-11-2008, 03:59 PM
  2. Under the microscope - A look at the early top 10 draft prospects
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-21-2008, 09:16 AM
  3. Early Look: NFL Mock Draft
    By marstc09 in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-11-2007, 03:22 PM
  4. Early Mock Draft
    By Tom2Bucs in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 11-04-2007, 04:07 AM
  5. Kipers Early Mock Draft
    By hovan in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-03-2004, 06:12 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •