Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

I just realized how good we actually are.

I was browsing the NFL draft sites (I know it's only week 4, don't judge me). And I was thinking about who we might be drafting, team needs, and just looking at what players are there.... and that's when it hit me. We have almost no team needs, at the rankings page I went across the top, QB set, RB good, TE check, OL set, DL very set, LB with the was Napo has been playing in the middle and the depth at OLB we are great in the LB department, DBs we have the best secondary in the league, kicker great, punter excellent. In addition, a lot of our team is young, except for a few like, Brad Johnson, P-Will, and a few other guys.
    But none of them really play their age, so they'll be around for a while longer, I'm getting pretty excited right now.

We really have only one team need, another wide receiver, not to knock Taylor or Robinson, besides Troy we have no real threat at the wide receiver position, and there are a TON of great wide receivers who will most likely enter the draft this year, Calvin Johnson, Ted Ginn, Dwayne Jarett, Jeff Samardzija, and Sidney Rice are all big strong, solid wide receiver who would greatly benefit us in the red zone(except for Ginn, he's not big and strong, but he's fast and makes plays).

If we put any of these guys on to our roster, we're absolutely set, this year teams can afford to ignore our WRs(which Troy will change within a few weeks) but if we have two good wide receivers, a burner in Williamson, and a big solid playmaker like Samardzija, Jarett, Calvin Johnson, or Sidney Rice, I think our WR corps would really relieve some of the stress put on our running game by teams loading up the box.

Sorry for the draft thread now, but I'm in school, I'm bored and it just hit me how good of a team we really have.

thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer

Re: I just realized how good we actually are.

The defense is set i can almost guarantee that we will draft a top te next year.someone with size and speed like vernon davis.This is the most logical 1rst round pick next year

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

We'll probably draft BPA or cornerback. I'm having a lot of doubts in smoot right now and I doubt cedric griffin could completely fill the void next season. Of course, there is always FA for that. We'll have to see how the season goes. Who knows, Brad could retire and TJ could be a complete bust.

thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer

The only other possibly need would be someone to replace fred smoot although i think griffin is coming along pretty good

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Trick is the QB, the Brad to TJ handoff.
    When does it happen?
    Do we go all the way before or after?
    Can the rest of the team handle the transfer when it happens? Does the team have enough time to gel while BJ is at the wheel? Will TJ be able to cut it in the NFL?

The pieces to the puzzle are there, can we put it together.

kansas_man54 is offline Rookie

i'm glad its not me that has noticed how smoot seems to play in spurts since he arrived from the skins.
    hasn't quite lived up to his pro bowl potential just yet.
    i think griffin is coming along fairly good thus far.
    and i'm not quite buying into the TJ hype just yet, also not sure how much longer BJ will be in purple and gold.
    which sucks because he is a great ball player with so much to offer still.
    we'll see though.
    as to where i think we should go in next years draft...we need work on the right side of the line.
    and depending on who is out there, maybe trade up for a star QB or TE depending on how certain players are progressing.
    but in reality...this is still a very, very long time away.
    Right now, just wanna' focus on the here and now of this up and coming dynasty!
    wooty-woo!
    "The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanist bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!"----Eleanor Roosevelt

Del Rio Guest

Trust me when I say there has been a "Just say no to Smoot" fan club since before he came.

Everyone was so excited we were finally spending money they didn't care we were wasting it.

I think our D is a little bit Overated. There are some big holes, there are lots of times our LB's are trying to cover WR's. Sometimes it looks like the LB's aren't getting deep enough before they hook to curl. I don't like the 9-12 yards our DB's give up in cushion.

I think we are good, but I don't think we are set, and I think there are some teams coming up in our future who will tear that wide open.

HornedHat is offline Asst. Coach

It is quite possible our D will get exposed later ths season; however, they are certainly impressing me now, especially considering how we have lost 3-4 D starters before the season even stated! How good could this D have been! At any rate, I see all the same needs as we had this year, because the pudding has not yet been proven. Griffin looks good so far, but its early. Who knows if D.Smith will yet Smooterize himself, and be gone next year. Will Tank recover? We have no idea about Greenway, both injury wise and play wise. T-Jack, we need more information. Chester is getting better, but so far...toes aren't tingling. I'm not saying we definately have needs till the season plays out. If I had to, I'd say the needs are the same. I'm HOPING that they have indeed been satisfied, and we will be looking for a WR in the first round next year.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

We will draft a BIG TIME CB next season...barring any injuries!

Sleeper WR in the second round ala Greg Jennings...OL depth after that and someone who slips in the draft in the later rounds ala Ray Edwards.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

petrodemos is offline Asst. Coach

will they pick up a quality QB in the first round tho, maybe quinn or henne? is Tjack the answer? there arent even any decent veteran Qbs out there to back up Tjack if he is, the QB situation is scarce around the league. personally i would like to see them go after a WR or solidiify the right side of the line now, Hicks finally showing his true eagle washed up colors...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast