Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    dan3ski is offline Coordinator

I just had a thought

I personally do not care if Moss does not lead the league in yardage as long as he leads it in TD's! The Bears played him one on one in the red zone twice and he got 2 TD's so I hope other teams do the same thing.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

I just had a thought

Agreed dan3ski, I will also take TDs over anything else...well, that and no more fumbles...
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Del Rio Guest

I just had a thought

I agree we should take what they give us , but great teams take what they want and worry about the rest later.

If we play this high time of possession game like we are we have to score TD's otherwise we took 10 minutes off the clock and score three. Then our D gets on the field and gets burned in 8 plays and 2 minutes.

So now it's 7-3 and we drive for 9 more minutes and fumble. That's over a quarter of the game gone. And some mediocre team is still in the game and yeah our fantasy stats are great and the yards and receptions are amazing but the score is dangerously low.

It's a dangerous game, but it seems like our red-zone game is starting to come around. Some of the things the coaches said scare me about settling for field goals and such.

Here's how I see it and I'm probably wrong because I am a lot but.

When you get in the 30 yard range the field is shorter. The D isn't able to play really deep because they run out of field. So when we stick to our dunk and dink short game we get stopped because there are more defenders near. Which tells me the only reason we are doing so well with those plays is because of the huge cusion the D is playing by being scared of Moss.

Now the question is this. When teams bring more up ,and they will, will our O cordinator risk a few deep passes?

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

I just had a thought

The problem that I don't like that I haven't seen addressed in any thread recently is......

Feild Goals, I know that everyone is worried about scoring touchdowns but we have missed 4 fg in the last 2 weeks. We may have missed one or two in game one if we hadn't scored 5 tds. We are forgetting that we scored 5 tds on opening day when we had a healthy team.

Last night the Dallas D look pretty good. We scored 5 TDs against them. NO FGs. I think the TDs will come. But when we need a FG is Morty going to be able to kick it through the uprights.

Both the Colts and Pats have clutch kickers. Morty has not been consistant at all. 42yd should be automatic indoors. I realize one of those 4 missed fgs was actually a botched hold.

Any takes on FGs?

I just had a thought

Sooner or later, we will be in a position where a miss or make is the difference in the game.

We were almost there with the bears. We are lucky Edinger missed one to even things out a little.

Del Rio Guest

I just had a thought

Ah field goals, a topic of great debate lately.

Personally I don't know what Tice is doing in this regard. Morty is missing the 40+ Yarders yet he is automatic at closer range. I thought we would see someone else handling the long ones? Any one know anything about this?

Maybe the other is guy is so iffy at that range too that Mort is our best shot. It is a great topic snow and one of concern.

I just had a thought

I realize it is hard to find a great kicker. Let's start planning for our futrure.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP WANTED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !! NEED AN NFL KICKER for the 2014 SEASON !!

Any of you posters out there, DO YOU HAVE A CHILD, Boy or Girl, THAT WE CAN START TRAINING TO KICK FEILD GOALS FOR THE VIKINGS?

Bonuses: You will be allowed to play golf during the week and we promise not to tackle you or pummel you during Kick Returns in practice. We will offer you an excellent opportunity to pad your stats when you are near retirement. No downsizing or handing out early retirement pink slips here. We are an excellent employer.

This is a long term project. Let's start training them now.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

I just had a thought

If the OTHER guy (Elling) is so iffy, then WTF is he still soing on our roster...bring Conway back, he can hit the long ones.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Del Rio Guest

I just had a thought

As much as I dislike Elling his kickoffs were a vast improvement against the Bears.

I just had a thought

I just had a thought.

Actually I had it a few hours ago while I was watching the NFL channel vikes recap in the point after.

Well, I have heard a lot about the LONG BALL.
    Daunte only has one INT. The biggest stat in winning is the TurnOver factor. Daunte is our MVP for this reason. If he was throwing more INT we may have lost the games we won. With Missed FGs and a few Fumble (I guess mostly DC's fumbles and a few OS) those together are too many. I think until we start fumbling less, or start making a higher persentage of FGs, conservative is not bad. I wouldn't say conservative but SMART. Two yrs ago Daunte was in the habit of learning to throw the ball away when introuble instead of running. Last year he tried to transition it to both. This year he has perfected it. Stop fumbling and we will be sitting pretty. Make FGs that will help. I would live to say we will be 100% in the red zone but that wouldn't be true.

Let's keep winning. Let's make it to the playoffs. :rr:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast