Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 52
  1. #21
    28AllDay is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    18

    Re: I just had some scary thoughts..

    Unless Madieu is gonna replace Sharper I think its far to say our Safety's are doing a pretty good job. I thought Sharper had a bad game vs the Packers with mixed results vs the Colts and a solid job yesterday. The Rookie continues to get better every week and played awesome yesterday. I feel comfortable with the Safties but I can't wait to see Johnson/Madieu combo in the future. Two guys who are very athletic hybrid type safties.
    Well as I recall Johnson got burned in GB, did alright against Indy and Carolina. But, haveing M. Williams/sharper sounds like a two headed monster in the backfield to me. I think that we should play him mid-season after a few practices to get over being a little rusty..... he is good right??? better than a rookie??? But I totally agree, for the most part I feel comfortable about the back field.

  2. #22
    mark is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    541

    Re: I just had some scary thoughts..

    when is everybody going to learn the vikings are going to be overhyped every year then everyone crys when we go 7-9.Rememner out gaurenteed top 10 d when we sighned dnard walker.Wakeup viking fans the vikings will suck for a long long time to come
    <!--
    sig -->

  3. #23
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,144

    Re: I just had some scary thoughts..

    "28AllDay" wrote:
    Unless Madieu is gonna replace Sharper I think its far to say our Safety's are doing a pretty good job. I thought Sharper had a bad game vs the Packers with mixed results vs the Colts and a solid job yesterday. The Rookie continues to get better every week and played awesome yesterday. I feel comfortable with the Safties but I can't wait to see Johnson/Madieu combo in the future. Two guys who are very athletic hybrid type safties.
    Well as I recall Johnson got burned in GB, did alright against Indy and Carolina. But, haveing M. Williams/sharper sounds like a two headed monster in the backfield to me. I think that we should play him mid-season after a few practices to get over being a little rusty..... he is good right??? better than a rookie??? But I totally agree, for the most part I feel comfortable about the back field.

    Johnson did not get burned on that play, Trib covered that myth with an explenation about the type of defense that was called. He wasn't to actice in the GB game and showed some flashes Vs the Colts but yesterday he produced big with plenty of tackles and nearly had his hands on two passess. I like the direction he's headed in and this is far more of decision then the Hicks/McKinnie situation.

    I think Sharper is slowing down a bit and has but he can still play no doubt. The reason I like Maude/Johnson combo is there skill set. Both have the talent of CB's but are strong and physical vs the run and there presence in general. I think Maude can bring more to table in terms of playing within the defense. Sharper though is playing some decent ball, he's still very physical I just hate to see him get burned when he does.

  4. #24
    SharperImage42's Avatar
    SharperImage42 is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    554

    Re: I just had some scary thoughts..

    "mark" wrote:
    when is everybody going to learn the vikings are going to be overhyped every year then everyone crys when we go 7-9.Rememner out gaurenteed top 10 d when we sighned dnard walker.Wakeup viking fans the vikings will suck for a long long time to come
    if we go 7-9 and i will never post here again.

    We are going 9-7 or 10-6 mark my words, your a horrible vikings fan, go become a Bears fan, i heard there destined for glory
    ;D

    SharperImage42

  5. #25
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,311

    Re: I just had some scary thoughts..

    I think it will be nice to have Rice back in the mix and that Frerotte will definitely like this weapon. But all the Rice is like Moss talk is absolutely ludicrous.
    Moss is a Hall of Fame lock ... I think we are still a year or two from Rice even MAYBE being a Pro Bowler. Let's keep our hopes realistic for a little while longer here.

  6. #26
    SharperImage42's Avatar
    SharperImage42 is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    554

    Re: I just had some scary thoughts..

    i never said Rice is Moss, i said hes a young moss, he could be a moss like Rodgers is a young Favre, hell never be Favre but he could remind you of him

    SharperImage42

  7. #27
    DustinDupont's Avatar
    DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,607

    Re: I just had some scary thoughts..

    "SharperImage42" wrote:
    i never said Rice is Moss, i said hes a young moss, he could be a moss like Rodgers is a young Favre, hell never be Favre but he could remind you of him
    Rice is no way like Moss

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,134

    Re: I just had some scary thoughts..

    "DustinDupont" wrote:
    "SharperImage42" wrote:
    i never said Rice is Moss, i said hes a young moss, he could be a moss like Rodgers is a young Favre, hell never be Favre but he could remind you of him
    Rice is no way like Moss
    Moss is a freak. Rice is not.

  9. #29
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: I just had some scary thoughts..

    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    Rice is no randy moss, thats for sure......
    That's for sure. Rice isn't afraid to take a hit running across the middle, doesn't take plays off, doesn't act up on the field or in the locker room, doesn't walk off the field early, doesn't play only when he want's to & isn't an all about me player.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  10. #30
    HEY's Avatar
    HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2,201
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: I just had some scary thoughts..

    "singersp" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    Rice is no randy moss, thats for sure......
    That's for sure. Rice isn't afraid to take a hit running across the middle, doesn't take plays off, doesn't act up on the field or in the locker room, doesn't walk off the field early, doesn't play only when he want's to & isn't an all about me player.
    Well said, singersp!!
    I like Rice not only because he's a good football player, but also because he seems like a nice guy in person.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. a little scary
    By --KG-- in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 09-19-2009, 12:56 PM
  2. MOVED: a little scary
    By ultravikingfan in forum Weekly Opponent Talk
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-15-2009, 02:43 PM
  3. This Is Absolutely Scary!!!
    By COJOMAY in forum Trash the Pack
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-15-2008, 05:27 AM
  4. So Quite It's Scary!
    By COJOMAY in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-27-2005, 04:33 PM
  5. pro fottball says we are as scary as our o but only have a
    By ohioviking in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 06-16-2004, 10:57 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •