Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 52
  1. #1
    SharperImage42's Avatar
    SharperImage42 is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    554

    I just had some scary thoughts..

    Frerrote loved Randy Moss im sure everyone here remembered that game agains the niners when moss had 3 or 4 touchdowns and Owens started barking at the offensive coordinators.

    So with that being said, argue with me if you want but Sidney Rice is a "young Randy Moss" hes quick, he a can jump high, there the same height and weight pretty much. Frerrote is going to make Rice the number 1 reciever on this team, i guarantee it. When Sidney Rice, Bryant Mckinnie, and Madieu Williams come back this team is going to be one scary team, no more BS long passes from Rodgers cuz Madieu will stop, more run production for AP when he runs left, and ofcourse Sidney Rice finally showing off his abilities with a great quarterback. 1st and Goal lob to Rice is gonna be our best play.

    SharperImage42

  2. #2
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,776
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: I just had some scary thoughts..

    Rice is no randy moss, thats for sure.
    One of randy Moss's greatest assets was his speed.
    Rice comes nowhere close.
    Moss could outjump ANYONE.
    Sid's got good hops, but not at the same level.
    Moss can adjust to any ball, Rice is still learning.
    again, not even close.
    Rice will be a great reciever (hopefully), a "poor man's" randy moss if I may.

    Also, wouldn't call Frerotte a "great quarterback", otherwise he wouldn't be here as a backup, he'd be starting (funny, that that didn't really happen very much in his long career)

  3. #3
    SharperImage42's Avatar
    SharperImage42 is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    554

    Re: I just had some scary thoughts..

    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    Rice is no randy moss, thats for sure.
    One of randy Moss's greatest assets was his speed.
    Rice comes nowhere close.
    Moss could outjump ANYONE.
    Sid's got good hops, but not at the same level.
    Moss can adjust to any ball, Rice is still learning.
    again, not even close.
    Rice will be a great reciever (hopefully), a "poor man's" randy moss if I may.

    Also, wouldn't call Frerotte a "great quarterback", otherwise he wouldn't be here as a backup, he'd be starting (funny, that that didn't really happen very much in his long career)
    couldnt agree with you more, when i meant great i should've elaborated, as opposed to t-jack frerrote is a legend lol. But i think Rice can outjump MOST not ALL but MOST, yes Moss can outrun everyone, but Rice is no slowpoke either, Rice is not gonna come in and get 17 TD's but 9 TD's should be his average every year, he'll have some 13 TD seasons WITH the right QB

    SharperImage42

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    218

    Re: I just had some scary thoughts..

    "SharperImage42" wrote:
    Frerrote loved Randy Moss im sure everyone here remembered that game agains the niners when moss had 3 or 4 touchdowns and Owens started barking at the offensive coordinators.

    So with that being said, argue with me if you want but Sidney Rice is a "young Randy Moss" hes quick, he a can jump high, there the same height and weight pretty much. Frerrote is going to make Rice the number 1 reciever on this team, i guarantee it. When Sidney Rice, Bryant Mckinnie, and Madieu Williams come back this team is going to be one scary team, no more BS long passes from Rodgers cuz Madieu will stop, more run production for AP when he runs left, and ofcourse Sidney Rice finally showing off his abilities with a great quarterback. 1st and Goal lob to Rice is gonna be our best play.







    i hope you are right.

  5. #5
    nailhead77 is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    281

    Re: I just had some scary thoughts..

    "SharperImage42" wrote:
    Frerrote loved Randy Moss im sure everyone here remembered that game agains the niners when moss had 3 or 4 touchdowns and Owens started barking at the offensive coordinators.

    So with that being said, argue with me if you want but Sidney Rice is a "young Randy Moss" hes quick, he a can jump high, there the same height and weight pretty much. Frerrote is going to make Rice the number 1 reciever on this team, i guarantee it. When Sidney Rice, Bryant Mckinnie, and Madieu Williams come back this team is going to be one scary team, no more BS long passes from Rodgers cuz Madieu will stop, more run production for AP when he runs left, and ofcourse Sidney Rice finally showing off his abilities with a great quarterback. 1st and Goal lob to Rice is gonna be our best play.


    Moss is a freak of nature and i wish but rice is not close.
    Speed, hands, ability to adjust to the ball, rediculous hops all of which rice lacks as of now.
    Having said that, he does have size and can jump high enough to get over the mostly shorter db's and we do have a qb that can throw a touch pass.............you may be right about the fade in the red zone.
    that would be nice to see......
    I put a sig on here before, but it expired?
    Now i have tried again but seem to be retarded.......oh well,

    Floop the bears!

  6. #6
    SharperImage42's Avatar
    SharperImage42 is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    554

    Re: I just had some scary thoughts..

    yah your right, Rice can't adjust to the ball just yet, i want to see him play with a decent/solid QB(Frerotte) then well see how he really is, after that lob Holcomb threw to him against the Packers last year, i thought i was watching Randy Moss play.

    SharperImage42

  7. #7
    jargomcfargo's Avatar
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,776

    Re: I just had some scary thoughts..

    Rice is injured. More likely Aundre will get some good completions. He and Gus hooked up nicely in preseason.
    And I think we finally see Berrian show up more. And Schiancoe as well.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

  8. #8
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,144

    Re: I just had some scary thoughts..

    Its a shame to see Rice have such a slow start to this season but unfortunatly all of the WR's have been underutilized. I think Rice is a specail kid but he's having trouble staying healthy at the NFL Level. Sid is very young, this is essentially his rookie season and he just turned 22.

    I think Rice has all the ability that Moss had and he might be even more aggresive in the air. This guy has already made highlight reals with a couple TD catches, there isn't a CB in the league that can defend Rice if the ball is put in the right place. His opportunities are also limited due to his short playing time and injury history, something Moss never had to deal with. Not only had he made nice TD catches last year he was a Beast on 3rd down and made more exelent catches showing off his tremendous ball skills. I also like to rewind back to the Preaseason when he made two Cris Carter catches on the sideline. Down the side with the ball thrown the way it needs to be he can make any catch and does a tremendous job getting under the football, when I watched his college highlights I thought he got after the ball alot like Michael Irvin was able to do.

    Some would think I'm overating this guy but he's 4 years from being in his prime and I like what I already see and can't wait for Frerotte to have him as a weapon. Rice will never have Moss's speed but he himself is deseptive and could eventually get faster. I think his ball skills and jumping ability is certainly on Moss's level. What he needs to do is stay healthy, after that the sky is the limit.

    Great topic Sharper Image and I agree he could very well be Frerotte's favorite but there are plenty of weapons on this offense to keep the chains moving while putting TD's on the board.

  9. #9
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,144

    Re: I just had some scary thoughts..

    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    Rice is injured. More likely Aundre will get some good completions. He and Gus hooked up nicely in preseason.
    And I think we finally see Berrian show up more. And Schiancoe as well.
    Today Paul Allen confirmed Rice would be playing this week vs the Titans. I read on the StarTrib before the game and he said the knee felt good, I think it was more of a percaution and get him back in practice this week fresh.

  10. #10
    Formo's Avatar
    Formo is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,664

    Re: I just had some scary thoughts..

    "SharperImage42" wrote:
    yah your right, Rice can't adjust to the ball just yet, i want to see him play with a decent/solid QB(Frerotte) then well see how he really is, after that lob Holcomb threw to him against the Packers last year, i thought i was watching Randy Moss play.
    Yes.
    That TD catch from Sidney against the Pack last year was eerily reminescent of a Moss catch.

    As far as your original post, I'm not getting my hopes up, but I do pray your right.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. a little scary
    By --KG-- in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 09-19-2009, 12:56 PM
  2. MOVED: a little scary
    By ultravikingfan in forum Weekly Opponent Talk
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-15-2009, 02:43 PM
  3. This Is Absolutely Scary!!!
    By COJOMAY in forum Trash the Pack
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-15-2008, 05:27 AM
  4. So Quite It's Scary!
    By COJOMAY in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-27-2005, 04:33 PM
  5. pro fottball says we are as scary as our o but only have a
    By ohioviking in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 06-16-2004, 10:57 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •