Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

I finally figured it out.

We have no big plays. Only one play over 40 yards, and that was week 1 for Williamson.

We have the slow and stead, our turtle is very good, except for when he gets only 10 carries, but we don't have the hare.

You can't score with an under 5 yard per play average, all of these 7-10 yard quick routes will get us nowhere. We need to take some risks, go for the homerun once in a while. I haven't seen us go deep DEEP all year, Williamson is supposed to be a burner, so I want to see him use his speed and make some catches, wide open down the field.

If we get 30 rush attempts per game, we should use the play action, we should make our receivers look good even if they're not, make our QB look good, even if he's not, like the Steelers, then maybe we'll start getting some calls, and start winning some games, especially close ones.

poult is offline Asst. Coach

Re: I finally figured it out.

he can get open.....
    but can he catch?
    "the only diffrence between suicide and martyrdom is the press coverage"
    Tender Branson

"Mr" wrote:
    We have no big plays. Only one play over 40 yards, and that was week 1 for Williamson.

We have the slow and stead, our turtle is very good, except for when he gets only 10 carries, but we don't have the hare.

You can't score with an under 5 yard per play average, all of these 7-10 yard quick routes will get us nowhere. We need to take some risks, go for the homerun once in a while. I haven't seen us go deep DEEP all year, Williamson is supposed to be a burner, so I want to see him use his speed and make some catches, wide open down the field.

If we get 30 rush attempts per game, we should use the play action, we should make our receivers look good even if they're not, make our QB look good, even if he's not, like the Steelers, then maybe we'll start getting some calls, and start winning some games, especially close ones.
    All I can say is...WATCH YOUR BACK!
    Do you realize what apposing teams would do to you to keep that information out of the hands of the Vikings Coaching Staff?
    I'd much rather see the Packers miss the playoffs because of their talent then because of their injuries.

Warp is offline Asst. Coach

Exactly the way i feel Mr. Anderson. We NEED to take some shots down the field, its starting to get frustrating watching these little 5 yard routes and passes. I wanna see us take shots down field more, even if its 20 yarders(doesnt HAVE to be 50 yard bombs i just want more than 5 to 10 yard passing attempts every throw). We have to do it early too, look at the game tonight against the Bills, the last to drives we opened the offense up more and we started looking decent. Thats the way we should always look.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"Warp" wrote:
    Exactly the way i feel Mr. Anderson. We NEED to take some shots down the field, its starting to get frustrating watching these little 5 yard routes and passes. I wanna see us take shots down field more, even if its 20 yarders(doesnt HAVE to be 50 yard bombs i just want more than 5 to 10 yard passing attempts every throw). We have to do it early too, look at the game tonight against the Bills, the last to drives we opened the offense up more and we started looking decent. Thats the way we should always look.
    Yeah, I was gonna say that as well, we have nothing in the 10-20 yard range either, it's all short and all stupid.

Prophet Guest

At the bottom of this thread there's a 'send this topic' button.
    I'm sure the boys at Winter Park have never thought of this, send it to them.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Vikefanman2000" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:

All I can say is...WATCH YOUR BACK!
    Do you realize what apposing teams would do to you to keep that information out of the hands of the Vikings Coaching Staff?
    Ha haa! Thats fuuny as hell!
    ^

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

they have gone deep on quite a few plays actually.. but rarely caught, normally over thrown or just plain off.

and its not like all our passes are 7-10 yard dumps, pretty sure johnson went into this game ranked in the top 10 in 20+ yard passes..

but i do feel ya, i miss the option of a deep threat too..

i was glad to see how much the ball was thrown to robinson today..just wish that one in the fourth would have been caught >_<

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese