Relax everybody.

Its not the end of the world....I hope! :shock:
    It's the end of the world, as we know it...I feel fine!!! :lol:
    Ok Stipe! :razz:

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: I fidn it kin of funny how.....

"Del Rio" wrote:
    Canada,

You're just going to have to accept some people don't know pooh. Some people will only be happy if they can have something to complain about 24/7 if the sky isn't falling they are sad.

You had people claiming he was a HOF qb then two weeks later stabbing him in the back, now you have people who said he blows goats anyways crying that without him we are lost.

You can't please everyone.
    So true. We were all happy as could be when we inked Brad, now he sucks. :roll:

God forbid a back-up may actually play a down in a sport where players are making major contact. What were we thinking?

And yes, this place is just hopping after a loss. It was a helluva lot quieter after we beat the Pack. It is sad that it going to be this was here.

Purplefeet is offline Training Camp

I think Culpepper gives his heart and soul on the field and respect him for that. I honestly believe this season will make him a better QB down the road but still think he was having a hard time getting reads. That said I think it alot more than DC having trouble.

Watching yesterday you'd see a LB line up as if he would blitz, he would, no line pickup, no RB pickup, no QB-receiver hot red to a short route, sack. At this point it is impossible to tell if its DC, line, QB/receivers no communicating or just completely inept coaching. Guess now we'll see with Johnson in, he he start getting read and fast routes off to receivers then it was in some part DC not getting reads. If he doesn't he'll be out within two games. There are not many QBs in the league that would have been sacked as many times as Culpepper was and not be beat to hell. If Johnson gets hit half as much as DC be looking for next QB fast.

Long season, this just continues to look like a team without absolutely no direction, they are people and I feel bad for them but this still sucks.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Caine" wrote:
    I have been very critical of Culpepper this season...and will continue to be. The fact that he was injured does not mitigate what he failed to accomplish in 4 games out of 6 this season. His injury doesn't somehow wash away the rash of INTs he threw this season. It doesn't excuse his inability to move the offense and SCORE.

Sure, he lit up New Orleans...and sure, he came back on Green Bay...but that isn't a testament to his greatness, both of those teams are playing sub-standard ball right now and we SHOULD have beaten them.

But what about Atlanta? Tampa? Chicago? Cinci? In all four games, Culpepper looked lost, dazed, and confused. None of those teams are so powerful that they should baffle and bewilder him just by being on the field...but they all did. He was able to generate only 27 offensive points through those four games. Only 14 of which were due to touchdowns.

Sure, it sucks that Culpepper is hurt for the year...I'm not jumping for joy, especially since I don't think Johnson is the answer. But before you start declaring a Jihad against anyone who was critical of Culpepper this season, take a real hard look at exactly what people were critical of.

I was hopeful that Culpepper would snap out of his funk...now we'll never know if he would have. I can now only hope that Johnson can light a spark in the Offense that Culpepper was unable to. It's either that, or start scouting College players for the upcomming draft.

Caine

TICE

TICE Road Game, Road Game, Road Game

This season is/was bad!!! It was bad from the start.

Tice is a self-fulfilling prophecy waiting to happen. You don't bring up the monkey on your back at PCs, Road Tough, Road Tough, gotta get Road Ready. "We just don't have it on the road, we just don't have that road toughness." You squash it and make it a non-issue. Try this one Tice, "that is a record that has nothing to do with this team. We have new players and that was last years team and the year befores team, this is a new season." Try some jargon like that. Today, the press didn't even bring it up, he did in his opening statement. Don't sit there and stare the monkey in the face. This is just one example. There have been plenty others over the last few season.

DC's problem was the monkey on his back. That monkey's name was Tice. "Come on DC, win one for the monkey, gotta save my job."

I am not saying that a road game is an excuse, I am saying that Tice made it an issue. He brings it up and talks about it. The players hear that, they get asked the questions, "Tice said this, what is your comment." Follow the leader.

CanadaViking is offline Pro-Bowler

"Del Rio" wrote:
    Canada,

You're just going to have to accept some people don't know pooh. Some people will only be happy if they can have something to complain about 24/7 if the sky isn't falling they are sad.

You had people claiming he was a HOF qb then two weeks later stabbing him in the back, now you have people who said he blows goats anyways crying that without him we are lost.

You can't please everyone.
    You are right Del, it's like trying to understand my wife sometimes, not gonna happen. You just gotta smile and nod, then ggo out and get drunk!!lol

Cheers!

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:
    I have been very critical of Culpepper this season...and will continue to be. The fact that he was injured does not mitigate what he failed to accomplish in 4 games out of 6 this season. His injury doesn't somehow wash away the rash of INTs he threw this season. It doesn't excuse his inability to move the offense and SCORE.

Sure, he lit up New Orleans...and sure, he came back on Green Bay...but that isn't a testament to his greatness, both of those teams are playing sub-standard ball right now and we SHOULD have beaten them.

But what about Atlanta? Tampa? Chicago? Cinci? In all four games, Culpepper looked lost, dazed, and confused. None of those teams are so powerful that they should baffle and bewilder him just by being on the field...but they all did. He was able to generate only 27 offensive points through those four games. Only 14 of which were due to touchdowns.

Sure, it sucks that Culpepper is hurt for the year...I'm not jumping for joy, especially since I don't think Johnson is the answer. But before you start declaring a Jihad against anyone who was critical of Culpepper this season, take a real hard look at exactly what people were critical of.

I was hopeful that Culpepper would snap out of his funk...now we'll never know if he would have. I can now only hope that Johnson can light a spark in the Offense that Culpepper was unable to. It's either that, or start scouting College players for the upcomming draft.

Caine

TICE

TICE Road Game, Road Game, Road Game

This season is/was bad!!! It was bad from the start.

Tice is a self-fulfilling prophecy waiting to happen. You don't bring up the monkey on your back at PCs, Road Tough, Road Tough, gotta get Road Ready. "We just don't have it on the road, we just don't have that road toughness." You squash it and make it a non-issue. Try this one Tice, "that is a record that has nothing to do with this team. We have new players and that was last years team and the year befores team, this is a new season." Try some jargon like that. Today, the press didn't even bring it up, he did in his opening statement. Don't sit there and stare the monkey in the face. This is just one example. There have been plenty others over the last few season.

DC's problem was the monkey on his back. That monkey's name was Tice. "Come on DC, win one for the monkey, gotta save my job."

I am not saying that a road game is an excuse, I am saying that Tice made it an issue. He brings it up and talks about it. The players hear that, they get asked the questions, "Tice said this, what is your comment." Follow the leader.
    Let's clarify something here.

I am a Culpepper fan...I even have his jersey. There is no way I want him out for even a week, much less a year (or more).

That said, I have been baffled by his lack of performance this season. I really thought, heading in, that he was primed and ready. I was wrong. I wasn't alone in that either as many so-called "experts" picked Minnesota as a Superbowl contender.

So, while I do not blame Daunte for every ill and woe the Vikings have suffered, I do hold him accountable for HIS performance. And, frankly, it hasn't been pretty for most of the year.

Coaching is an entirely different bag of worms, and I lay far more blame on the doorsteps of Cottrell and McCombs than I do on Tice (Although the plaster is cracking there).

But THIS thread was about Daunte and people ragging on him, then whining once he went down. The facts are, Daunte had not performed as well this season as he did in the previous two. I didn't make that up, and that isn't simply my opinion, that's a statistical fact. And part of the blame for that lack of performance has to rest on Daunte himself.

Sure, there are contributing factors (O-Line shakey, RB situation, new Receivers, Loss of OC and QB coach, etc), but when it comes to game time, only Daunte throws the passes. Only Daunte reads the defenses. Only Daunte decides what Daunte will do when the ball is snapped.

Now, it looks like he's out for quite awhile. To me, that is truly horrible news. Not because he's done so well this season - he hasn't - but because he had the potential to do well. We've seen it before. And, truthfully, I think many of us were waiting - some more impatiently than others - for him to step up and be the guy we all believed him to be.

That won't happen now. Are we better off without him? Well, would you be better off without your kidneys? Emphatically, insistantly, and earnestly I say, "NO WAY". But we don't have a choice. All we can do is hope and pray that Brad Johnson picks up the ball and takes it the distance.

The bottom line is I wish to God that Daunte hadn't gotten hurt...but he did. The injury doesn't excuse or explain his performance this season, but it also doesn't improve our chances to win. He was or best chance for that, and now he's out.

I don't criticize him with malice or contempt...and I KNOW I can't do better. I am critical because I care. I hope you see the difference.

Caine

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Caine, I like your last post, now that makes sense to me.

Num1mossfan is offline Training Camp

I hope Pep heals fast....god bless em

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

"Caine" wrote:
    I am a Culpepper fan...I even have his jersey. There is no way I want him out for even a week, much less a year (or more).
    it just sucks right now. i still find it hard to believe. when i first heard the news i was like its ok he'll be back in the 2nd half and he'll lead us to victory. after the game i said its going to be ok he'll be back in there next week and at the latest the week after. then the mri results came to me. my feelings towards football are none. my heart and i will be cheering my ass off every week until the end, but in my brain i know we dont have a change without DC. i have a culpepper jersy too(a white one) and i never have not wanted him on the field. there is nothing worse that can happen to a team than losing their starting qb, their fanchise player, their leader.
    We're bringing purple back.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Another great post, Caine!

I think that Daunte knows that he could have done better...and that is probably what is eating at him right at this moment...the loss of the opportunity to turn it around...he is probably just itching to get back out there and rally the team to the playoffs. All we can do now is to hope that he can make his way back to health...so that he can fulfill his promise as a true superstar! Good Luck, Daunte!!! We are all rooting for your quick and full recovery...we can't wait for you to step back into your role as our FAVORITE quarterback playing for our favorite team!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234