Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 40
  1. #11
    Lotza's Avatar
    Lotza is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,203

    Re: I fidn it kin of funny how.....

    daunte is our guy without him. w/o we are nothing. until we start to play like an actual pro football team.

























    Go vikes!!

  2. #12
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: I fidn it kin of funny how.....

    "tastywaves" wrote:
    As one of the posters who called for a switch when Culpepper was reeling, I would like to clear up why I wanted it as did a number of other posters (I think).

    Very few people on this board believe/believed that Brad Johnson is the guy to lead the Vikings throughout the season and make a playoff run. However, when Culpepper couldn't get anything going right he was afraid to throw the ball, held it too long, made bad decisions...... I thought the right move at the time was to take him out at the half and put Johnson in the game. C-Pep needed to be benched a couple of times, now I know that you don't bench superstars unless you've got huge huevos which is why Tice would never do it. Why let a guy sit in the game and self destruct and totally lose his confidence to perform. The coaches need to help Culpepper get out of his funks faster. Maybe you just take him out for a series, but its a head game and Culpepper doesn't snap out of a funk as easily as other guys do.

    He is a great talent and he can lead the vikings like no one else can (his loss this year if he's out will be a major hit to the team), but there were times this year where I felt he should have rode the pine.
    I also agreed with that point of view. Besides, there was no way he should have been in in the end of some of those BLOW-OUTS, what happened in Carolina could have happened sooner.

    There is a difference between wanting to see DC do better than thinking he is not a good QB. I AM NOT ASKING FOR YOU TO POST IT, but just think to yourself how many other QBs in the NFL would you allow to play QB for the Vikes. The list is pretty short. Now think about the teams that have those good QBs, and when you look at the whole league, you say to yourself, they are lucky to have the QBs they do. There are about 25 teams that could easily replace their QB with another and be glad about it. There are probably 25 of those teams that would gladly take DC on their team in a heartbeat.

    I am for Daunte all the way!

  3. #13
    awynia is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2

    Re: I fidn it kin of funny how.....

    I really don't think any of these Culpepper worshiperw can actually see past the enormously leader, thinker and decision maker that Daunte Culpepper is. Before that drive when Daunte got hurt what did he do? Nothing, held the ball to long, made poor passes and actually didn't do a dang thing. That is his season in a nutshell.
    But the reason why this team is going no were this year is because of the worst coach staff in all the NFL.
    Come on, does Tice and Cotrell actually think they made some good decisions with Smoot's coverage of Steve Smith.
    Red McCombs is rolling around naked in the 400 million dollars that he made of the sale of the vikings.

  4. #14
    CynicalVike is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    251

    Re: I fidn it kin of funny how.....

    I hope I'm wrong on this, but as bad as all the other aspects of our team have been performing, I doubt that Brad will get us any more than 2 more wins this season. Chicago, and Detroit here at the dome. Thats not to say he isn't capable to do more, but I don't think the rest of the team is playing well enough to expect any more than that. He is a leader, and knows how to win, as evidenced by his SB ring, but I don't think his strengths are great enough to carry this team any distance. I'm actually praying that our offensive line doesn't get Brad killed before the season is over.
    I used to be indecisive, now I m not so sure!

  5. #15
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: I fidn it kin of funny how.....

    "awynia" wrote:
    I really don't think any of these Culpepper worshiperw can actually see past the enormously leader, thinker and decision maker that Daunte Culpepper is. Before that drive when Daunte got hurt what did he do? Nothing, held the ball to long, made poor passes and actually didn't do a dang thing. That is his season in a nutshell.
    But the reason why this team is going no were this year is because of the worst coach staff in all the NFL.
    Come on, does Tice and Cotrell actually think they made some good decisions with Smoot's coverage of Steve Smith.
    Red McCombs is rolling around naked in the 400 million dollars that he made of the sale of the vikings.
    I just lost my appetite...for the rest of the week!!! ukeright:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  6. #16
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: I fidn it kin of funny how.....

    "CynicalVike" wrote:
    I hope I'm wrong on this, but as bad as all the other aspects of our team have been performing, I doubt that Brad will get us any more than 2 more wins this season. Chicago, and Detroit here at the dome. Thats not to say he isn't capable to do more, but I don't think the rest of the team is playing well enough to expect any more than that. He is a leader, and knows how to win, as evidenced by his SB ring, but I don't think his strengths are great enough to carry this team any distance. I'm actually praying that our offensive line doesn't get Brad killed before the season is over.
    I have been thinking the same thing. Brad is no spring chicken, he will be hitting the Motrin on a daily basis.

    AGE 37
    14 year Vet.

  7. #17
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: I fidn it kin of funny how.....

    "CanadaViking" wrote:
    Two weeks ago a ton of people on this site were calling for Culpepper's head, now he is hurt and everyone is saying "our season is done". This also goes for the media, "pull Pep to see how the team reacts", and know this, what a debacle. Pep had the boys driving and the game was only 7-0 at that point.

    I guess what I am saying is, Daunte was and is our team as far as leadership goes, I honestly felt the ship was going in the right direction and then the unthinkable happens, Pep goes down with a nasty looking injury. I am saddened by all the arm chair coaches through the Vikings struggles this year and now some of those same people are saying because Daunte is hurt, we're done. You see I tend to agree that without Pep we are in a very tight spot (no disrespect to Brad), but I just wish people wouldn't change their opinions like underwear.

    Know the Pepper haters will see what he meant to OUR team, we driving the field yesterday and then the knee gets twisted like a pretzel. I feel so bad for Daunte, he gave a sh!t about OUR team and he took a lot of heat for a team with a ton of problems. Did we all see the look of absolute misery on Daunte's face when he was being carted off? He is a wounded soldier that will find it very difficult to watch his comrades on Sundays, but I fair to say he'll be there with a troopers smile and support.

    Our team has struggled this season and it is unfortunate, however now we can see how the team will do without it's superstar, yes I said superstar because Daunte is SUPER. I wish him a quick recovery (doesn't look likely), I wish Brad the best, but now everyone will see what Daunte did!!

    Cheers!
    I find it kinda funny that...you made absolutely no spelling or grammatical errors in your LONG post...yet you made two typos in the Subject line! :lol: :lol: :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  8. #18
    CanadaViking is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    336

    Re: I fidn it kin of funny how.....

    I know the coffee hadn't kicked in yet there Cajun, and my boss was doing the over the shoulder check on me, as he does every Monday after a tough loss. I didn't even notice until after I hit submit!lol

    Cheers!

  9. #19
    tastywaves's Avatar
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,869

    Re: I fidn it kin of funny how.....

    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "CynicalVike" wrote:
    I hope I'm wrong on this, but as bad as all the other aspects of our team have been performing, I doubt that Brad will get us any more than 2 more wins this season. Chicago, and Detroit here at the dome. Thats not to say he isn't capable to do more, but I don't think the rest of the team is playing well enough to expect any more than that. He is a leader, and knows how to win, as evidenced by his SB ring, but I don't think his strengths are great enough to carry this team any distance. I'm actually praying that our offensive line doesn't get Brad killed before the season is over.
    I have been thinking the same thing. Brad is no spring chicken, he will be hitting the Motrin on a daily basis.

    AGE 37
    14 year Vet.
    I don't think this is what Brad signed up for. Doubt he will make the rest of the season with all his limbs in tact.

    Didn't Tice used to play QB in college, maybe he should suit up and take a few shots, get a first hand view of how his line is doing.

  10. #20
    CanadaViking is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    336

    Re: I fidn it kin of funny how.....

    "awynia" wrote:
    I really don't think any of these Culpepper worshiperw can actually see past the enormously leader, thinker and decision maker that Daunte Culpepper is. Before that drive when Daunte got hurt what did he do? Nothing, held the ball to long, made poor passes and actually didn't do a dang thing. That is his season in a nutshell.
    But the reason why this team is going no were this year is because of the worst coach staff in all the NFL.
    Come on, does Tice and Cotrell actually think they made some good decisions with Smoot's coverage of Steve Smith.
    Red McCombs is rolling around naked in the 400 million dollars that he made of the sale of the vikings.

    Okay now here is the new definition of delusional!! Buddy he brought the Vikes back from a 17 point deficit at the half tp beat the Pack last weekend. And as far as yesterday goes, it was the first drive of the game, what fricken game were you watching?

    You have 2 posts here and now you sre some bloody expert, I think not pal. For anyone that says DC was having a bad day yesterday, I would question there ability to tie their own shoes, cause it was the 1ST drive of the game and if remember correctly he was 3-4 for like 40 some yards and 18 yards rushing, so use the facts jacka$$!

    Sorry people I am tired of these fairwheater fans that jump over our star for stuff that didn't even happen.

    Also I get emails from some people that are part of PPO and for some of these people I am dumfounded. One of these simpltons says "I told you so, Brad Johnson played awesome yesterday, it is about time Daunte was replaced", I mean hell, what is with some of these fans? I am not hating on Brad Johnson at all, but I am VERY sick of some these fans, I mean C-Pep goes down and people verbalize that it is for the good of the team.

    I have never thought about jumping ship on my Vikes, however reading some of the things posted on here regarding the current situation we are in makes me want to grab some of these guys and ring their bloody necks.


    I am sorry again for getting hot here, I just cannot believe some people that frequent this site can sleep at night knowing that they have no integrity as people!

    Cheers!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Funny Ad
    By VikingMike in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-11-2008, 09:53 AM
  2. this is funny
    By magicci in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-10-2005, 11:29 PM
  3. Really Funny
    By Webby in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 02-23-2005, 02:32 PM
  4. Hey this is a funny pic
    By DuhBears in forum Weekly Opponent Talk
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 11-18-2004, 10:06 PM
  5. Too funny
    By packmanxxxi in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-20-2004, 10:14 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •