Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    CanadaViking is offline Pro-Bowler

I fidn it kin of funny how.....

Two weeks ago a ton of people on this site were calling for Culpepper's head, now he is hurt and everyone is saying "our season is done". This also goes for the media, "pull Pep to see how the team reacts", and know this, what a debacle. Pep had the boys driving and the game was only 7-0 at that point.

I guess what I am saying is, Daunte was and is our team as far as leadership goes, I honestly felt the ship was going in the right direction and then the unthinkable happens, Pep goes down with a nasty looking injury. I am saddened by all the arm chair coaches through the Vikings struggles this year and now some of those same people are saying because Daunte is hurt, we're done. You see I tend to agree that without Pep we are in a very tight spot (no disrespect to Brad), but I just wish people wouldn't change their opinions like underwear.

Know the Pepper haters will see what he meant to OUR team, we driving the field yesterday and then the knee gets twisted like a pretzel. I feel so bad for Daunte, he gave a sh!t about OUR team and he took a lot of heat for a team with a ton of problems. Did we all see the look of absolute misery on Daunte's face when he was being carted off? He is a wounded soldier that will find it very difficult to watch his comrades on Sundays, but I fair to say he'll be there with a troopers smile and support.

Our team has struggled this season and it is unfortunate, however now we can see how the team will do without it's superstar, yes I said superstar because Daunte is SUPER. I wish him a quick recovery (doesn't look likely), I wish Brad the best, but now everyone will see what Daunte did!!

Cheers!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: I fidn it kin of funny how.....

True that!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

jimmymac is offline Pro-Bowler

I'm not changing my opinion. Culpepper is not a good QB or leader and Brad Johnson will not do any worse. He may even do better.

Of course, he still has to play with the same o-line, defense and coaches, but that's a different thread.

The season was over WITH Culpepper.

You can quit on the Vikings if you like, but I will root for Brad Johnson.
    -- Sarcasm always turned on --

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"CanadaViking" wrote:
    Know the Pepper haters will see what he meant to OUR team, we driving the field yesterday and then the knee gets twisted like a pretzel. I feel so bad for Daunte, he gave a sh!t about OUR team and he took a lot of heat for a team with a ton of problems. Did we all see the look of absolute misery on Daunte's face when he was being carted off? He is a wounded soldier that will find it very difficult to watch his comrades on Sundays, but I fair to say he'll be there with a troopers smile and support.

Our team has struggled this season and it is unfortunate, however now we can see how the team will do without it's superstar, yes I said superstar because Daunte is SUPER. I wish him a quick recovery (doesn't look likely), I wish Brad the best, but now everyone will see what Daunte did!!

Cheers!
    Those two statements right there are so true.

DC was trying to steer this team in the right direction and he was giving it his all. All leaders struggle at times. All QBs play bad at times.

I feel worse for all you all that gave up on DC 4 weeks ago. Here you go, you got your wish, now STHU!

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Word Canada! Culpepper is AMAZING, SPECTACULAR, A BORN LEADER, and I will duel with anyone if they say else wise! lol

but really, i've stood bye my man like I know some people on here have, and I always will!

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

"jimmymac" wrote:
    I'm not changing my opinion. Culpepper is not a good QB or leader and Brad Johnson will not do any worse. He may even do better.

Of course, he still has to play with the same o-line, defense and coaches, but that's a different thread.

The season was over WITH Culpepper.

You can quit on the Vikings if you like, but I will root for Brad Johnson.

You are truly delusional, you opinion means very little to me, no it means nothing at all! Do you even watch the Vikes play?

And I hope BJ does well, but geez man can you please let me in on the games your watching, because what you say makes NO sense!

I smell a troll!!

Cheers!

tastywaves is online now Ring of Fame

As one of the posters who called for a switch when Culpepper was reeling, I would like to clear up why I wanted it as did a number of other posters (I think).

Very few people on this board believe/believed that Brad Johnson is the guy to lead the Vikings throughout the season and make a playoff run. However, when Culpepper couldn't get anything going right he was afraid to throw the ball, held it too long, made bad decisions...... I thought the right move at the time was to take him out at the half and put Johnson in the game. C-Pep needed to be benched a couple of times, now I know that you don't bench superstars unless you've got huge huevos which is why Tice would never do it. Why let a guy sit in the game and self destruct and totally lose his confidence to perform. The coaches need to help Culpepper get out of his funks faster. Maybe you just take him out for a series, but its a head game and Culpepper doesn't snap out of a funk as easily as other guys do.

He is a great talent and he can lead the vikings like no one else can (his loss this year if he's out will be a major hit to the team), but there were times this year where I felt he should have rode the pine.

Also jimmymac, I am not the one giving up on my team, you are the one that hates the best F-in player on our team, you are just so out of it. And sorry to the people that run this site as I will not hold back on Jimmymac as I feel he is a complete MORON! Warn me if you may, but I am sick of his posts and uneducated banter!!!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

I wouldn't go as far as to say troll, this isn't a witch hunt(halloween, boo, boo).

No matter how much I disagree with JimmyMac, he is still entitled to his opinion.

Oh well!

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

The worse part about Daunte's injury was that he had gotten the first down and if he would have slid he would still be playing.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast