Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    D2M
    D2M is offline Training Camp

I fear the Eagles...

Yeah, they weren't starting because they were backups to proven veterans, but after solid performances they gave when forced to play - I consider their CB position to be pretty solid.

Like I already said, though, I think we match up well and have the advantage.

Kevin Williams is better than anyone on their D-line, Winfield is better than anyone in their secondary.

GO VIKES!

D2M 8)

VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

I fear the Eagles...

The Eagles defensive line actually had a whole lot of injuries last year and this year, if they can stay healthy, they will be one fo teh most talented a deep defensive lines in football. I expect the Vikings to have an excellent Dline, but I don't know that I'd rate us too far ahead, or even ahead of them at all.

My g/f is an Eagles fan though, and she wanted me to say this for her: "The Eagles will win and I (she) will make sure of it"
    When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

I fear the Eagles...

The addition of Kearse alone isn't going to transform their defense. What it does it take pressure off Corey Simon who got into some doubleteam blocking situations last year and still managed a productive season with 7.5 sacks, not to mention a pro bowl selection. With Kearse there now, it makes for a solid line.

I agree though that ours looks better. Kevin Williams and Chris Hovan are proven and of course we have high expectations for Udeze. The Eagles have no one on their offensive line that can handle any of those three. It should be a long day for Donovan McNabb.

As far as their LB corps, I'm not sure if they lost anybody like you say, but Dhani Jones is a huge pickup for a strong side LB. The Eagles already have Mark Simoneau and Nate Wayne who both did very well last year. Their rushing defense will also be much stronger than last year.

My prediction is this matchup happens again...in the NFC championship.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

BigEasyViking is offline Coordinator

I fear the Eagles...

The eagles are definately gonna be one of the teams to beat in the NFC, but I don't think that we have anything to be scared of. With the team that we have put togeather I believe that we match up very well with them, probably better than any other team in the league. If I was a bettin' man, which I am I would put money down saying that the NFC will either have to go through Philly or Minny with probably one game separating the two teams. I guess that we will have to wait and see in week 2. Vikes will overcome...

:thumbright: :thumbleft:
    God Bless America, & the MINNESOTA VIKINGS!!!

Viking_Spirit is offline Star Spokesman

I fear the Eagles...

"VikemanX84" wrote:
    The Eagles defensive line actually had a whole lot of injuries last year and this year, if they can stay healthy, they will be one fo teh most talented a deep defensive lines in football. I expect the Vikings to have an excellent Dline, but I don't know that I'd rate us too far ahead, or even ahead of them at all.

My g/f is an Eagles fan though, and she wanted me to say this for her: "The Eagles will win and I (she) will make sure of it"
    The key factor there would be staying healthy (thank you Capt. Obvious, lol), and I really don't see that happening next year. That's one of the reasons I put our line ahead of theirs. But I'm biased though..........

Guns don t kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I fear the Eagles...

All I know is that the Eagles corners will not be able to cover Moss (but then again who can), and I think we will be able to shut down TO. The biggest thing that I worry about is McNabb's improvizing with the ball. We have been beaten badly by McNabb and the Eagles (a couple years ago) and I was at the game to see first hand when Michael Vick ran all over us for his quarterback rushing records! If we keep McNabb in the pocket (for the most part) I think we will win this game. Our offense is too awesome, and our defense is going to be good!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

I fear the Eagles...

I somehow doubt our ability to contain T.O....but ok.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

I fear the Eagles...

We did it last year, why couldn't we do it this year! It's not like he has another big receiving threat on the opposite side! I know we won't completely shut him down, but I think we can contain him!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

I fear the Eagles...

God the poor men on this site... one has a cheesehead girlfriend and the other an eagles fan! How do you happen to find these women?

I fear the Eagles...

Yeah, we're pretty much idiots aren't we? Oh well! In my next lifetime my pickup line will be are you a VIKINGS fan, or should I stop wasting my time?!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast