Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

I fear the Eagles...

The Eagles are the team to beat this season. With the adittion of TO, their offense should click better. They dropped a hell of a lot of balls last season too.

We match up excellently against them. Their Running game is OK, ours is great. Their Passing game will be much improved, but ours is better. They haver the nod at Dline, but teh Vikings run a lot of slants and WR screens as well as otherthings, plus we have a better line, So I don't think that will be a factor. If they had good CBs, then it might make a difference, but we will shred their defense to pieces, I think the best way to do it is to use the pass to set-up the run. Toss a Deep Ball to Moss early, get him a couple long scores, and then they'll be forced to forget about the run game, and we can protect our lead by running the ball down their throats as they try and stop Moss/Robinson.

On Defense, Brian William shut down TO in our last meeting with the 49ers. 5 catches for 55 yards - most of those at the end of the game. This year Williams is better, and Winfield will probably be covering him. OUr Dline will get to their QBs quick enough. Their best chance is to try and establish the run early on, and attack our LBs, if that is infact our weakness. they should throw the ball to Chad Lewis and try to capitalize that way. If we get ahead, though, it will be hard for them to be conservitive while trying ot play catch-up to our explosive offense.

I'm NOT worried about the Eagles.
    When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I fear the Eagles...

Wow, that was really in depth analysis, and I liked it!! But Vikeman, you said that they dropped a hell of a lot of passes last year, well TO isn't going to help them in that category because he drops a couple passes every game!! I think their O will be better but the dropped passes shouldn't change much with TO!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

I fear the Eagles...

You know what I'm not worried about the Eagles either. Who was the team to beat last year that everyone was worried about? The Chiefs! and look what we did to them! The games where we match up well are the teams that we dominate! the teams where we should dominate are where we have our problems

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I fear the Eagles...

Good point triedandtrue, but what else is new huh??

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

purplehorn is offline Hall of Famer

I fear the Eagles...

We only need to worry about the bears and
    Arizona in the pre season. We should have a great
    year because we are playing alot of teams
    that should have winning records.
    Green Bay police station toilet stolen.

Cops say they have nothing to go on.

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

I fear the Eagles...

McNabb is not an overrated QB and his completion percentage doesn't tell the whole story. His WRs last year didn't do crap...did you see how many passes they dropped in the NFC championship? They were doing that all year. Had TO been with them they probably would have gone to the Super Bowl.

The Eagles will be one of our toughest games this year. It's a great matchup on both sides of the ball. Their defense will be tough. Dhani Jones joins an already outstanding LB corps. Jevon Kearse adds a lot to their pass rush. They may have lost their two star CBs but Lito Sheppard and Sheldon Brown are talented and should do well at their new starting roles.

I am really looking forward to this game. It will test the Vikes whole team and if they can beat Philly they will be well on their way to being one of the best teams in the NFC.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

bigdogbovy is offline Asst. Coach

I fear the Eagles...

The freak and TO are vastly overratted. And I think they are deductions not additions
    de43540278a8c8500baf55c07109eb7e

Viking_Spirit is offline Star Spokesman

I fear the Eagles...

The freak is not what he used to be. Less productive, and he has major injury problems.

Guns don t kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

I fear the Eagles...

No reason to be "worried" about any one team any more. The Vikings will not finish 16-0, so it is expected that they will lose some games during the season. Losing on the road at Philly is no great dishonor. More important (and I know I'm putting the cart before the horse here) is finishing the season with the best record in the NFC and securing home field advantage throughout the playoffs.

All that said, I still think the Vikings have an excellent chance against the Eagles. While I don't think the Eagles CBs are chopped liver, they also are not Troy Vincent and Bobby Taylor anymore. In theory, Kearse should dramatically improve the Eagles pass rush. But Kearse hasn't been all that productive sack-wise since the injury he suffered in early 2002. The Eagles pass rush wasn't much last year, so unless Kearse returns to his "Freak" form, not much to worry about there. I think the Eagles also lost a LB or two in the offseason. Even with the addition of Kearse, the Eagles D may not be quite as tough as in years past.

On offense, Owens will make his fair share of plays. You can't expect to shut him down, but you can expect for him not to dominate and force the Eagles other receivers to beat you. That could be a tall order for the Eagles other receivers. McNabb will be dangerous as a runner; the Vikings always seemed to get burned by the QBs with running ability. Likewise, the Eagles RBs are versatile and will challenge our young LB crew in pass coverage in particular.

I think it will be a very hard fought game, and either team could come away with a win. Considering that the Eagles may be the NFC favorites, it would be an important early season win for the Vikings. But the season won't be over if the Vikings lose either.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

Big Daddy is offline Starter

I fear the Eagles...

I just don't think that their "D" will be anything like it was last year. Sheppard and Brown weren't starting for a reason, and since we are all VIKINGS fans here we should all know how important it is to a good defense to have good CBs.
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it but only you can feel it s warmth!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast