Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

Re: I dont want to complain but...

I love how there are posts on different threads where people say Pep musta given a half time speech. And now Tice is confused about his timeouts. That is great. WTG, guys. If he DOES out coach the other guy, kick him in the nuts. He is down and out, so I can imagine a cheapshot won't hurt none.

I for one was YELLING!! Time out! Time out! I couldn't figure it. My sister was asking, "Why don't they call a timeout?" I had no answer.

I love being really wrong. I personally woulda lost that game.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

From the Minneapolis Star Tribune;

Tice left fuming over alleged second-guessing

Last update: October 23, 2005 at 9:47 PM

A key clock-management decision Sunday caused considerable consternation throughout the Metrodome, including a box that included owner Zygi Wilf -- a turn of events that left Vikings coach Mike Tice fuming after his team's victory over Green Bay.

Tice vigorously defended his decision to preserve the Vikings' final timeout, a move that enabled Green Bay to run some 30 seconds off the clock before Ryan Longwell's game-tying 39-yard field goal with 28 seconds remaining.

Wilf was sitting in the box of Rob Brzezinski, Vikings vice president of football operations, during the play. The box sits adjacent to the Vikings coaches booth, separated only by plexiglas. Coaches could hear people in the Wilf/Brzezinski booth loudly calling for Tice to call a timeout. Afterward, Tice implied that team officials around Wilf incited the second-guessing.

"Coaches coach," Tice said. "Trainers train. Players play. Equipment managers manage equipment. And vice presidents should vice president their departments and let us do our job on the field."

Tice said he felt vindicated after the Vikings used their final timeout during the ensuing two-play drive that ended in Paul Edinger's game-winning 56-yard field goal.

Napoleon Harris tackled Green Bay running back Tony Fisher at the Vikings 20-yard line with about 1 minute remaining in the fourth quarter. Tice said the decision to let the clock go down "six in one hand and half a dozen in the other" -- meaning the Vikings would have had more time to mount their final drive but no timeouts and therefore fewer passing options. Instead, the Vikings spent much of the next 30 seconds making sure they had 11 men on the field for Longwell's kick; 6-8 offensive lineman Bryant McKinnie was a last-second insertion in hopes he could block the kick.

Wilf declined to speak with reporters after the game.

KEVIN SEIFERT

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

SamDawg84 Guest

i love to complain lol.... i spend like all day complaining about stuff usally (mostly about danny lol)

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"SamDawg84" wrote:
    i love to complain lol.... i spend like all day complaining about stuff usally (mostly about danny lol)
    We'll have to rember that when it comes time for you to get a title! Webby, make a note. :lol:

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "SamDawg84" wrote:
    We'll have to rember that when it comes time for you to get a title! Webby, make a note. :lol:

Biggest complainer EVER! I swear he is part female.. And I tell him to quit complaining and he says he wasn't.. Now he just admitted that he complains all the time! Thanks! :lol:

CanadaViking is offline Pro-Bowler

As far has this one goes, who cares what any of us fans thought!! He made a call and look at the results. We always b!tch about calls the coaches make when they burn us and now we're doing it after a great victory, come on now.

This shouldn't even be a thread, period..........

I for one am just as happy as I was sad last week!
    Cheers!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"CanadaViking" wrote:
    As far has this one goes, who cares what any of us fans thought!! He made a call and look at the results. We always b!tch about calls the coaches make when they burn us and now we're doing it after a great victory, come on now.

This shouldn't even be a thread, period..........

I for one am just as happy as I was sad last week!
    Cheers!
    Your complaining about us complaining.

How ironic. :???:

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Deronn" wrote:
    Tice uses his final timeout the right way, and some of us are still complaining!! We Vikes fans are never satisfied :grin:

That type of clock/time out mis-management is what has cost us 2-3 games each season he has been coach. It's nice when he gets it right.
    I was certainly pissed on that TD challenge by Tice, I was worried about the Time Outs at that point and Meathead wasn't. Challenge on a whim is the motto, because there was no way that that catch was even close to challengable.

eelpout72 is offline Starter

ok, my bad, i thought that they had 2 timeouts at that point.

Definitely better to save the last timeout for the final drive as it gives the offense the option to throw down the middle. Props to the coaches! Am i allowed to rescind my complaint?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234