Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PurpleAndy is offline Starter

I don't hate Chris Hovan

A lot of people here seem to feel different, but I actually pity him a great deal. Once upon a time he was all football player. He's always been too small to play defensive tackle, but it didn't matter because of the way he played. And then for some inexplicable reason, he lost whatever it was he had that made him special. And that my friends, is one of the biggest tragedies we've seen in the past 2 years of Vikings football.

I don't know where Hovan will go next, but I truly hope that he does well, and that some how he re-captures what once made him special. I'll miss the man that he was, but it won't be anything new. After all, I've been missing Chris Hovan for 2 years now.

ndakvikefan is offline Starter

I don't hate Chris Hovan

I don't hate him either. You are right he was always too small for DT. He used his speed and quickness to have 1 very good year and one decent year. His problem was not so much himself but rather the rest of the league. Teams figured out that if you stop Hovans initial burst then you have him. That is what they did, they doubled him for just a second, long enough to slow him down andthen they went to single coverage and Hovan was handled by 95% of the linemen in the league. This rendered him ineffective and was the cause of his demise.
    8f72d7a2bfbfd6a931c3ea8edbece812

I don't hate Chris Hovan

It is sad to see what went wrong with him his motor just seemed die. Maybe he just couldnt handle being a defensive leader.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I don't hate Chris Hovan

I don't hate him either, he's not a packer!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

I don't hate Chris Hovan

Nobody hates him, he just lost it...

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

koolkev8 is offline Starter

Re: I don't hate Chris Hovan

"PurpleAndy" wrote:
    A lot of people here seem to feel different, but I actually pity him a great deal. Once upon a time he was all football player. He's always been too small to play defensive tackle, but it didn't matter because of the way he played. And then for some inexplicable reason, he lost whatever it was he had that made him special. And that my friends, is one of the biggest tragedies we've seen in the past 2 years of Vikings football.

I don't know where Hovan will go next, but I truly hope that he does well, and that some how he re-captures what once made him special. I'll miss the man that he was, but it won't be anything new. After all, I've been missing Chris Hovan for 2 years now.
    I don't HATE him I just don't LIKE him... Because it's against God's will to hate, and with that said... AMEN...
    [img:aa98b2ef5d]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y35/koolkev8/memory.jpg[/img:aa98b2ef5d][img:aa98b2ef5d]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y35/koolkev8/gift1.jpg[/img:aa98b2ef5d][img:aa98b2ef5d]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y35/koolkev8/akhfl.jpg[/img:a

vikingsdiva is offline Pro-Bowler

I don't hate Chris Hovan

I agree purpleandy. Something got in his head. I loved Hovan. One of my frenz said it was because they brought Lesner in and fawned over him. I think that sounds like a bunch of bull. Unfortunately I think he lost inspiration. I think him and Tice don't bode well. :argue: Do you do good at a job where you don't like your boss? I think whoever takes him could work him into a defense where he'll flourish. Not a pure nose tackle. He is too small. But something. I think he'll be good somewhere else. :king: But it will make me sad. I liked his passion two years ago.
    Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein.
    --Joe Theismann

briboy75 is offline Asst. Coach

I don't hate Chris Hovan

I don't hate him either. I just don't think hes a very good DT. I don't want to sound like a wuss, but I don't like the word "hate". I don't hate anyone, including packers. I aprreciate the rivaly and want to beat them, but I can't say I hate them.

I don't hate Chris Hovan

Most people liked hovan because he got in farve's face. The fact is he is overrated, and is a back-up at best. He had one good year(brain russell) that doesnt make him a good player. I'm glad we dropped him, he had a poor attitude, and this team is going in a different direction regaurding players like hovan that think they are better than the team. I thought hovan's numbers were supposed to shoot up with K-Will having a great rookie year. Hovans numbers went down. C-YA Hovan good luck in the CFL
    You republican whore!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

I don't hate Chris Hovan

"briboy75" wrote:
    I don't hate him either. I just don't think hes a very good DT. I don't want to sound like a wuss, but I don't like the word "hate". I don't hate anyone, including packers. I aprreciate the rivaly and want to beat them, but I can't say I hate them.
    You're not a wuss, and that is respectable that you do not hate anyone.

As for me, I hate all kinds of things. Especially the Packers. :lol:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast